Random Questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

HITMAN202 -> Random Questions (11/29/2011 12:33:05 AM)

1) When you bump a routed unit they fly off to a distant hex, but if its isolated, it is removed from the gird (dies,) Does the same happen to all those 0-0 non HQ units or air units ie, if they are surrounded they die when moved adjacent to ??? 2) Can a isolated unit rout if it is defeated (not automatically die) ??? 3) Can you transfer Corp based support units to other Corp , like divisions ??? 4) A question for Pelton ....what's your best strategy for HQ buildups int he first 5 turns of the game in each Army Group ??? Me thinks one Corp each on turns 4 and 5 in AGN and AGC (that is the units move on that turn), and in AGS ???? My worry there is that the infantry lags so far behind the surging Panzers, that the tanks get swarmed by those Soviet bees. I see that HQ buildups are the heart and soul of a successful Axis 41 and I don't yet have a feel for it. Replaying turns is helping some. A problem is that you got to plan 2 turns before the Panzers move, Its not easy. I am getting a feeling that you mainly use hasty attacks with the Panzers to force their way thru the Soviets and if you got to use prepared attacks, you probably need to look for better options. Also I am finding 2 Panzers divisions stacked together are much more effective than 1, but 3 seem to add no further benefits ???? I know these a big generalizations and specific tactical considerations are unique to each situation, but are my impressions heading in the right direction direction (that is for the Axis in the first 15 turns or so ???)

terje439 -> RE: Random Questions (11/29/2011 12:43:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HITMAN202

1) When you bump a routed unit they fly off to a distant hex, but if its isolated, it is removed from the gird (dies,) Does the same happen to all those 0-0 non HQ units or air units ie, if they are surrounded they die when moved adjacent to ???

2) Can a isolated unit rout if it is defeated (not automatically die) ???

3) Can you transfer Corp based support units to other Corp , like divisions ???

4) A question for Pelton ....what's your best strategy for HQ buildups int he first 5 turns of the game in each Army Group ??? Me thinks one Corp each on turns 4 and 5 in AGN and AGC (that is the units move on that turn), and in AGS ???? My worry there is that the infantry lags so far behind the surging Panzers, that the tanks get swarmed by those Soviet bees. I see that HQ buildups are the heart and soul of a successful Axis 41 and I don't yet have a feel for it. Replaying turns is helping some. A problem is that you got to plan 2 turns before the Panzers move, Its not easy. I am getting a feeling that you mainly use hasty attacks with the Panzers to force their way thru the Soviets and if you got to use prepared attacks, you probably need to look for better options.

5) Also I am finding 2 Panzers divisions stacked together are much more effective than 1, but 3 seem to add no further benefits ???? I know these a big generalizations and specific tactical considerations are unique to each situation, but are my impressions heading in the right direction direction (that is for the Axis in the first 15 turns or so ???)

Your questions seem more towards the Axis player, so I am not at all in a good position to answer most of these of these, and not being Pelton I cannot reply to another.
However;
5) This is probably due to the modified CV values. The difference between 5:1 and 50:1 does not seem too big to me, so that seems like a waste of units to me.

Also a friendly hint, it is usually better (and easier to get help) if you use paragraphs instead of a massive wall of text [:)]

Terje

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.269531E-02