Screen Res (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Unity of Command Series >> Tech Support

Bismarck -> Screen Res (11/27/2011 2:20:28 AM)

What res was this game supposed to be played? I'm having trouble reading the font at anything over 1200.

2xTom -> RE: Screen Res (11/27/2011 9:34:21 AM)

Hello Jim,

the game will always open in the native resolution of your display.

If you need open it in lower resolution you can adjust your display settings, but of course the LCD will give a somewhat blurred picture in that case.

Bismarck -> RE: Screen Res (11/27/2011 6:59:30 PM)

Understood, Thanks. When I went lower to play and then went back to native, my desktop icons were out of order. You gave me the incentive to rationalize them into proper desktop folders. Again, thanks.

2xTom -> RE: Screen Res (11/28/2011 9:51:37 PM)

quote:

When I went lower to play and then went back to native, my desktop icons were out of order. You gave me the incentive to rationalize them into proper desktop folders. Again, thanks.

You welcome... I had it coming, eh? [:)]

Sorry about the icons. There is a way to do it without messing up the desktop, as explained here. Please make sure to back up your config file before editing it.

This should work for almost everyone. We didn't have enough time to test it so it got dropped for the release but will almost certainly appear in the update.

Hope this helps.

Bismarck -> RE: Screen Res (11/30/2011 2:33:41 AM)

OK, I've screwed up magnificently. The config file wasn't in the path you gave me but I found it in the Unity of Command folder. I backed it up and then re-wrote it. I evidently wrote it wrong because I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "uoc.py", line 139, in <module>
pygame.error: No video mode large enough for 1024x1280

when I start the game. I forgot which directory the original came from but puting it in the UoC root doesn't work.

I've deleted and reinstalled twice, even to different drives and still no joy/ Please advise. Thanks.

Never mind. I fixed it. However, should I switch the h and w values?

Ok, I fixes the res, too. Give me a "C" for intelligence but an "A" for tenacity.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI