Naturally... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series

Shark7 -> Naturally... (11/23/2011 11:37:31 PM)

DW release day, and my home internet is borked. I can barely connect, and DLs are out of the question. [:(] ISP can't give a time it will be fixed either.

So I'll have to depend on others to tell me a few things I am wondering:

For modding graphics, what is the max size for Race/character pics?

Can you set the policy for dealing with other races on a race by race or even planet by planet basis? IE I hate bugs, but everyone else gets to live.

Bingeling -> RE: Naturally... (11/23/2011 11:40:21 PM)

You can set different policies for each planet. And also press the "apply this to all" button. I closed my game but at least I was able to set different policies for my own family and the rest. I am not sure if I could exterminate one particular family.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Naturally... (11/23/2011 11:51:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

DW release day, and my home internet is borked. I can barely connect, and DLs are out of the question. [:(] ISP can't give a time it will be fixed either.

So I'll have to depend on others to tell me a few things I am wondering:

For modding graphics, what is the max size for Race/character pics?

Can you set the policy for dealing with other races on a race by race or even planet by planet basis? IE I hate bugs, but everyone else gets to live.

Hello Shark!

The optimal size for the Race and Character Pics are now 300 x 300 pixels in png format.

Yes, each race now has a Empire policy file AND a races file (similar, but different format
from the one in ROTS). In modding, the Policy file settings override any dissimilar Race file
settings. It's my understanding that you can also set individual 'Empire' text files with the
particular mod/theme settings you want. Not quite sure what the format on that is yet, but it
will be forthcoming with Elliot's modding guide expected sometime soon. [:)]

Sorry to hear you can't d/l Legends yet. [:(] You're missing a real treat!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02