RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/16/2012 9:30:02 PM)

Howdy chaps [:)] Operation Think Of Somewhere To Take Mrs Dixie For Her Birthday is gathering, not pace as such, more like moss [:D] It doesn't help that she doesn't have a passport though [sm=nono.gif] Or that Niagara Falls has been her only suggestion (#misplaced optimism). [8|]

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/16/2012 9:35:47 PM)

You can always take her to Niagara Falls Casting Ltd. in Warwick! [;)]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/16/2012 9:36:21 PM)

Spent today pulling apart more of P7350's Merlin. Took out the camshafts, manifold, flame traps and ignition harness. She's looking a bit forlorn now, no panels, no cockpit seat, no undercarriage, big chunks of the engine gone and sat up on trestles. The fuel tank will be coming out in the next week or so as well. The Lanc has three of her props off, iirc she'll be getting two new engines and LF has no prop either. The two MkXIX Spits have had their wing tanks removed. In fact, in a complete reversal of the usual situation TE311 is the only fighter in one piece [X(]

Somewhere during the process I managed to rip some chunks out of my hands [:(] Including one nice cut on my finger that just reopens whenever I move it. Bugger.

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/16/2012 9:37:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

You can always take her to Niagara Falls Casting Ltd. in Warwick! [;)]

It does have the advantage that they don't speak foreign there which would be a benefit for Mrs D. [:D]

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/16/2012 9:43:31 PM)

quote:

In fact, in a complete reversal of the usual situation TE311 is the only fighter in one piece

Don't let the others know about your meager air defense!

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/16/2012 9:50:06 PM)

quote:

quote:

In fact, in a complete reversal of the usual situation TE311 is the only fighter in one piece

Don't let the others know about your meager air defense!

I won't tell if you don't! [:-]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/16/2012 10:41:49 PM)

quote:

You do some weird sports, you americans!

Why don't you do some good old fashined "Fingerhakeln"?

...erm...we have weird sports? [:-][;)]

[image]local://upfiles/13152/FF2BF00859F045B0BD43DBD5DC1AF027.jpg[/image]

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/16/2012 11:42:46 PM)

That's sport?

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 1:02:57 AM)

Well, cellphone tossing and wife carrying seems to be. At least this one looks somewhat athletic.

Odin -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 6:19:49 AM)

Good morning friends!!

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 8:04:19 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 8:05:59 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Spent today pulling apart more of P7350's Merlin. Took out the camshafts, manifold, flame traps and ignition harness. She's looking a bit forlorn now, no panels, no cockpit seat, no undercarriage, big chunks of the engine gone and sat up on trestles. The fuel tank will be coming out in the next week or so as well. The Lanc has three of her props off, iirc she'll be getting two new engines and LF has no prop either. The two MkXIX Spits have had their wing tanks removed. In fact, in a complete reversal of the usual situation TE311 is the only fighter in one piece [X(]

Somewhere during the process I managed to rip some chunks out of my hands [:(] Including one nice cut on my finger that just reopens whenever I move it. Bugger.

Tetanus shot needed (you know all that old rusty metal)? [8D]

Leo "Apollo11"

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 8:08:36 AM)

Good morning friends.

Odin -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 12:55:55 PM)

grml back from car service....a defect sensor makes my car as slow as...i dont know.

No Turbo power.

Now they gave me a rental car same model like mine, but with equipment out of Sparta.

Ugly!!!

[X(]

USS America -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 1:26:19 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USS America -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 1:28:10 PM)

NC Thread Brothers Summit was a great time last night! Even though it was a weeknight and some of us have to work so it was too short, it was great to catch up with Andy after several years and for him and Torsten to get a chance to meet. [sm=00000436.gif]

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 2:04:06 PM)

[sm=00000436.gif]

Let's not forget that adorable waitress... [X(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 4:09:05 PM)

Sounds like you guys had fun. I hope you behaved yourselves and didn't harass the waitress too much. [;)]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 4:11:52 PM)

Jeff must really busy or he's been grounded.[:D] Nothing new on our game since Monday.
That's okay. I just got my 'Fawlty Towers' DVD set. Nice.[:)]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 4:24:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Odin

grml back from car service....a defect sensor makes my car as slow as...i dont know.

No Turbo power.

Now they gave me a rental car same model like mine, but with equipment out of Sparta.

Ugly!!!

[X(]

Do you have a Dacia also? [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 4:24:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

NC Thread Brothers Summit was a great time last night! Even though it was a weeknight and some of us have to work so it was too short, it was great to catch up with Andy after several years and for him and Torsten to get a chance to meet. [sm=00000436.gif]

I guess Steve didnt make it. Thats too bad. Sounds like it was a blast.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 4:25:26 PM)

quote:

[sm=00000436.gif]

That reminds me...how do you say "restraining order" in German. [:'(]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 4:25:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Sounds like you guys had fun. I hope you behaved yourselves and didn't harass the waitress too much. [;)]

There's always hope. Reality however..... [:D]

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 4:33:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

[sm=00000436.gif]

That reminds me...how do you say "restraining order" in German. [:'(]

we call that challenge! [:D]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 5:40:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Leo "Apollo11"

How dare you!?! There's no rust on any of our kites. There is a lot of dirty oil though, but mineral oil doesn't seem to cause the same reaction that the synthetic stuff we use on jets does.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 6:47:41 PM)

OK, maybe rabies, then. [:'(]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 8:15:07 PM)

quote:

quote:

I'm sorry that I just could not get away for it. But I'm working up a east coast trip before Torsten leaves the USA. [:)]

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 8:16:53 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Leo "Apollo11"

How dare you!?! There's no rust on any of our kites. There is a lot of dirty oil though, but mineral oil doesn't seem to cause the same reaction that the synthetic stuff we use on jets does.

I'm sure that's why they used to paint them so often. And one reason why the USAAF went to bare skin as soon as they felt able. [:)]

USS America -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 8:25:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

I'm sorry that I just could not get away for it. But I'm working up a east coast trip before Torsten leaves the USA. [:)]

[sm=happy0005.gif]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (10/17/2012 9:19:17 PM)

Well, if USS Mike isn't going to take it home...

Page: <<   < prev  396 397 [398] 399 400   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI