Infantry Btn on the move! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> The War Room

xavutrecht -> Infantry Btn on the move! (11/19/2011 1:28:18 PM)

It's not the first time I saw that one and it usually cost me dear when facing enemy units.
Infantry Btn on the move, formation Vee, why is the IG platoon on the lead? Should be an infantry company, sounds logical for me...
So when the batallion suddenly hit an enemy unit the IG Plt will take the worst of the incoming fire, best to say it's not an ideal situation for an artillery unit.

Maybe someone will have the answer.

wodin -> RE: Infantry Btn on the move! (11/21/2011 2:08:44 AM)

Wait for patch.

xavutrecht -> RE: Infantry Btn on the move! (11/21/2011 6:44:36 AM)

Thanks wodin.

Clock is ticking

jomni -> RE: Infantry Btn on the move! (2/1/2012 5:03:18 AM)

Fast forward a few months...
Now that the game is patched and the expansion out...
I think I still see support units in front.

wodin -> RE: Infantry Btn on the move! (2/1/2012 8:55:57 AM)

Just happened to me..mainly mortars and IG's have the problems...sometimes they are positioned are really good places, further back with good LOS...other times they are right in the midst of the battle...when you look at their range I find it difficult to understand why they are so far forward.

It's not as bad as it used to be but still happens at times.

simovitch -> RE: Infantry Btn on the move! (2/1/2012 6:06:27 PM)

Sometimes the line coys get stuck or otherwise engaged and the IG, AT and AA sections keep moving on their orders and end up embroiled in a firefight.

That's why I detaching the support units prior to an assault. I doubt the real life Bn commander would include an IG or AT platoon in the attack order. You have the choice to detach these if you don't trust the AI commander to position them correctly, which is difficult for it to do when there is enemy fire about.

oldspec4 -> RE: Infantry Btn on the move! (2/1/2012 7:00:49 PM)

Good advice...gotta remember to detach those units in the future.

jomni -> RE: Infantry Btn on the move! (2/2/2012 12:37:50 AM)

When detatched, can the AI still plot fire missions for them?

wodin -> RE: Infantry Btn on the move! (2/2/2012 3:53:49 AM)

Jomni, I detach all my big Arty untis. As I move them up as they follow the battle. I give them a defend order. If your detaching a battalion support unit then I usually tick direct support only. I don't tick that box for the division assets though.

Detaching the division\corps Arty assets and moving them into a good position where they should have a fir bit of the battle covered is usually the first thing I do.

wodin -> RE: Infantry Btn on the move! (2/2/2012 3:57:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

Sometimes the line coys get stuck or otherwise engaged and the IG, AT and AA sections keep moving on their orders and end up embroiled in a firefight.

That's why I detaching the support units prior to an assault. I doubt the real life Bn commander would include an IG or AT platoon in the attack order. You have the choice to detach these if you don't trust the AI commander to position them correctly, which is difficult for it to do when there is enemy fire about.

As I said above I detach the divison\corps Arty, however I tried detaching the IG's and mortars of a battalion and put them in a good place but it didn't work out that well, I found they seem to take awhile to start to join in. I think if you detach them make sure they are all in place before you start the attack...I do find when the AI gets it right it normally chooses a far better spot then myself.

RockinHarry -> RE: Infantry Btn on the move! (2/4/2012 2:19:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

IŽd confirm that from my own observations. I oftenly find the "successive lines" attack formation quite troublesome as it tends to bump one unit after another into a stuck forward one, which makes the resulting "stack" oftenly a great artillery target. [X(] Great for russian human wave attacks, but less so for western front combat. Yet need to figure particular preconditions, for when AI successive line attack orders are given (terrain, VicLoc, formation leader traits and force composition, particularly mixed forces of tank & infantry)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
8.984375E-02