Are there still AT holdouts? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

jomni -> Are there still AT holdouts? (11/9/2011 1:36:39 AM)

Just curious, are there still many AT players who have not upgraded to ATG?

Webizen -> RE: Are there still AT holdouts? (11/9/2011 2:17:12 AM)

Just in case you missed it, you do know that as a registered owner of AT you get a $15 discount toward the purchase of ATG.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

Just curious, are there still many AT players who have not upgraded to ATG?

jomni -> RE: Are there still AT holdouts? (11/9/2011 2:49:42 AM)

I know about the discount.  But are there still holdouts? :)

british exil -> RE: Are there still AT holdouts? (11/9/2011 7:19:57 PM)

I heldout for about an hour before "upgrading".

ATG is the same setup but with a far better logistical side to the game. Oil and raw can play a more important role in the game than tactical decissions.

Why holdout? A $15 discount is an offer one can't refuse.

Mat

Keunert -> RE: Are there still AT holdouts? (11/9/2011 8:13:17 PM)

the question remains...

barerabbit -> RE: Are there still AT holdouts? (11/10/2011 2:22:39 AM)

I am still playing the AT (GD, WAW, the roman one) scenarios on the ATG platform. The free lance scenario designers that this game attracted spent too much time understanding the original AT system and designing really well developed and balanced scenarios for it to throw all that away because now they have some new design elements to spend two years misunderstanding. I will really look at ATG in 2013.

So, ya, I am still playing AT. I predict that, in the long run, we will find that things like Oil and Raw (while just cute as buttons) detract, rather than add to the real sweep and grandeur of the original game system. the new may be the better to capture some of our history, perhaps, but at the cost of losing ability to describe the rest of it.

Apologizes for the sermon, but I really admire and use some of those older scenarios. There are years more enjoyment there for me.

rich12545 -> RE: Are there still AT holdouts? (11/22/2011 12:22:40 AM)

I'm still holding out but might buy for $5-10 if I can combine the holiday special with the $15 discount. Haven't played in a long while but am getting ready to install and get back into it.

The AI in Gold wasn't improved much at all. It still can't use carriers or paratroops. From reading it still has other problems.

AT is a very nice beer and pretzels game. So for gold, instead of improving what's there in an expansion for $15-20 it was decided to make it more complicated for $40 and not improve what was needed. Wrong decision imo and not worth $25.

Now I'll wait for all the fanboys to scream about how wrong I am, how gold is soooo much better than the original and upgrading is worth way more than $25. And maybe it is for others, but not for me.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Are there still AT holdouts? (11/22/2011 1:06:47 AM)

Actually, I'm with you on the AI. I was disappointed from day 1 WRT the AI. As for value, ATG was well worth it to me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI