RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jeffk3510 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (10/27/2011 3:34:30 PM)

Yes Chaz was a chick, now a dude...

I don't personally know anyone that goes though that, but as mean as kids are now a days, that can't be easy growing up knowing your something other people think you aren't.

Nemo121 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (10/27/2011 5:12:18 PM)

bjmorgan,

Nothing so derivative. I like wordplay so my nick is a play on words and the nature of virtual media.

Nemo = Latin for No-one or Nobody.
121 = One to One

So, what better pseudonym online than one which translates as "Nobody one to one"

Steamboateng,
No fear of my changing it. I've always believed that if you leave something enigmatic you can learn a lot about people by how they interpret it. Certain interpretations indicate the sort of mentality and viewpoint I'd have no interest associating with. So a little ambiguity is a useful initial screening tool.

quote:

Many years ago, I once had a conversation with a prostitute in Chile.

BEST opening sentence to a post ever. I'm going to rob it and pay homage to it whenever I make ueber-serious posts. [:D]

As to Chaz Bono... Well I've treated quite a few people with gender identity disorder. Some truly were in situations where their identity and mental processes and chromosomal gender were in conflict. Some were just very, very mixed up in all manner of ways. Either way though they were people in pain. I've always thought that so long as they weren't injuring anyone else then I simply wished them peace and emotionally and physically fulfilling relationships with their partner or partners, irrespective of gender or gender identification. I don't think judging and railing against them is particularly helpful in increasing humanity's net happiness and tolerance.

In reality societal notions of binary gender identity are more social constructs than biological fact ( we have XXY, XO, XYY and all manner of other uni and polymorphisms which impact on brain development, hormonal balance and gender/role identification etc). That doesn't stop society persecuting those who don't abide by the construct though. Insecure social groupings ( and individuals ) tend to identify themselves more by their opposition to characteristics of "the other" than by their embrace of their own characteristics.

crsutton -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (10/27/2011 5:56:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

b

quote:

BEST opening sentence to a post ever. I'm going to rob it and pay homage to it whenever I make ueber-serious posts. [:D]

Yes, you are right. I am making it my new signature right now.[;)]

Schanilec -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (10/27/2011 7:12:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

quote:

b

quote:

Some guys have all the luck.[&o]

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (10/27/2011 7:19:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

quote:

b

quote:

Some guys have all the luck.[&o]

Yeah, if it had been Uruguay it just wouldn't work.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (10/27/2011 7:28:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Yes Chaz was a chick, now a dude...

I don't personally know anyone that goes though that, but as mean as kids are now a days, that can't be easy growing up knowing your something other people think you aren't.

Years ago I was in school with a woman who was trans-gender. As a male he'd been an active-duty infantry officer who served in Desert Storm. Married with a child. When I knew her she was post-hormones, had breasts, dressed as a female, used the ladies room, but had male goodies yet. Had been to court to change names and had been declared a legal female for drivers license, etc., purposes. Still married to the same woman. Problem was, the wife was in love with another man, and her "husband" was in love with him as well. The husband/former male needed the wife's insurance while she (ain't pronouns great?) was in school, so they hesitated to divorce. The marriage was legal in MN for all purposes, but not for federal legal purposes. This despite the fact that if they divorced, and changed their minds, they would not be allowed to legally re-marry in MN. The child of course remained the child of both, with a birth certificate listing the father's male name.

And she was looking for work at a large, white-shoe law firm. This was, despite the above, the biggest problem of all.

Schanilec -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (10/27/2011 11:35:23 PM)

Been to Canada. That may work. There's a joke about that. It also involves hockey. But don't think I should repeat here.[;)]

warspite1 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (10/28/2011 7:00:22 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schlemiel

The movie is pretty interesting, though it felt a little heavy handed in places for my tastes. I'm personally not much in the market for trading freedom and personal responsibility for the (in my mind completely imaginary) promise of security. I completely understand the desire for some type of security in a world which denies it if you look with open eyes, but no concept of a precariat can convince me that people won't trade far too dearly in the long term to feel safe or secure or as if the world will be a kind place in the long term.

[image]http://www.patrickstar.org/images/site/patricks.jpg[/image]

Warspite1

Absolute Quality. I defy anyone to top that for an opening line......[&o]

Chickenboy -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (10/28/2011 8:38:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Just how are you pronouncing that, Bull? [;)]

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (10/28/2011 8:41:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Just how are you pronouncing that, Bull? [;)]

Um, the regular way?

I'm all self-conscious now . . .

"Chile" is inherently funny. Jus' sayin'.

Canoerebel -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 2:14:15 PM)

Nemo shows up yet again!

[image]local://upfiles/8143/43E778863DC94981B288D077E4211996.jpg[/image]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 4:06:59 PM)

Canoerebel on one of his trips to the Apalachians

[image]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sZh6W8vl_2c/THUalP0eAuI/AAAAAAAACg0/2M0fZCkA3PM/s1600/deliverance2.jpg[/image]

jeffk3510 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 4:22:35 PM)

I have always pictured Dan like this OUT of uniform..

[image]local://upfiles/27311/20232BD801414567B4720FEF16A531AB.jpg[/image]

jeffk3510 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 4:23:21 PM)

Especially coming of his most recent role IN uniform...

[image]local://upfiles/27311/71F1382CDD014A859A4E8059AD653FDA.gif[/image]

Canoerebel -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 4:32:08 PM)

Hey, I resemble these remarks!

John 3rd -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 4:34:19 PM)

I think we should start humming Battle Hymn of the Republic just to irritate our good Southern friend...

"Mine Eyes have seen the glory" [sm=00000436.gif]

jeffk3510 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 5:47:27 PM)

Mr Harrison... we payed you gold 6 weeks ago. What you got?

John 3rd -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 6:01:52 PM)

"The position of the entire Yankee Army: 7 Corps."

jeffk3510 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 6:11:10 PM)

I beg your pardon sir, but if what this man says is true, General Stuart would have reported....

Canoerebel -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 6:32:25 PM)

"I told you, general, there is no time!"

Cap Mandrake -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 6:51:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

I have always pictured Dan like this OUT of uniform..

[image]local://upfiles/27311/20232BD801414567B4720FEF16A531AB.jpg[/image]

It were the Summer of '63 when I rode with General Stuart. Them Pinkerton boys thought we were headed to Pennsylvania but we fooled 'em. We rode all the way behind Yankee lines and captured Iwo Jima and then we found silage for 10,000 horses just a sittin' in this little town. I heard tell General Meade was mighty angry.

Canoerebel -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 7:01:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
[image]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sZh6W8vl_2c/THUalP0eAuI/AAAAAAAACg0/2M0fZCkA3PM/s1600/deliverance2.jpg[/image]

In case a reader isn't sure what this is all about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE&feature=fvst

jeffk3510 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 7:32:48 PM)

Oh, I knew exactlly what it was. I was laughing very hard, believe me. lol

On Gettysburg...

Watching it last week with my wife...

My boys take those rocks? - Hood
Most of em? - Longstreet (Dan)
You shoulda let me go to the right... - Hood

Liz - Is he dying?
Me - No, just losing one of the many body parts he lost during the war.
Liz - Oh, this movie is real?
Me - ......pretty much, yeah... except Longstreets beard..
Liz - What is wrong with his beard...

Canoerebel -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 7:57:36 PM)

[:D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 8:04:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

"I told you, general, there is no time!"

"General Lee it's like 2nd Manassas all over again"
" Yeah, it would work out better if we had planned it"

pauk -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 8:17:53 PM)

quote:

hmph, i recognise Terminus here as well.

[image]local://upfiles/4569/5F13D2D2FFEF486C809B4EC364BEA3DE.jpg[/image]

jeffk3510 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 8:24:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauk

quote:

hmph, i recognise Terminus here as well.

[image]local://upfiles/4569/5F13D2D2FFEF486C809B4EC364BEA3DE.jpg[/image]

hahaha. Too much hair though.

jeffk3510 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 8:24:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

"The position of the entire Yankee Army: 7 Corps."

I can put it all on the map if you like.

jeffk3510 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 8:27:49 PM)

Dan -

No worries, I just found a picture of Cap'n from their recent Thanksgiving party at work.

[image]local://upfiles/27311/02E21D5CDD0C414182868DADC9FE5997.jpg[/image]

jeffk3510 -> RE: When you read about your opponent in the news.... (12/1/2011 8:58:29 PM)

... and there here is the Cap'n the other 364 days out of the year, when they don't have costume parties at work...

[image]local://upfiles/27311/B828C3D44C924FEF9326E265386041A0.jpg[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI