Pionier or regular infatnry (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps

parusski -> Pionier or regular infatnry (9/9/2011 8:07:36 PM)

I know there are statistics provided in game and I can read them. I want to know if you prefer Wehrmacht infantry, Grenadiers or Pioniers, and WHY?[8|]

J P Falcon -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/9/2011 8:27:03 PM)

Pioneers do a better job when attacking cities so that's good enough for me...I keep a couple of bridging units on hand as well....

James Ward -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/9/2011 9:44:03 PM)

I had a regular infantry with a +2 movement hero. Man did they fly around the map!

terje439 -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/9/2011 11:32:57 PM)

Pioneers any day. In fact my only inf units are Pioneers and Paratroopers.

Terje

J P Falcon -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/9/2011 11:44:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

Terje

I must admit I have not devoted any Paratroopers to my core but I'll look into that possibility when I do a replay and see what new strategic fun I can have!

Misconduct -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/10/2011 1:39:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

Terje

I must admit I have not devoted any Paratroopers to my core but I'll look into that possibility when I do a replay and see what new strategic fun I can have!

Early in the campaign Paratroopers are great for taking middle position airfields, however later in the Campaigns they can get overrun easily, so be wise with them

parusski -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/10/2011 3:25:45 AM)

quote:

Pioneers do a better job when attacking cities so that's good enough for me...I keep a couple of bridging units on hand as well....

I keep several, actually I end up with mostly Pionier's.

James Ward, I love those hero's, they not only fly but they kick ass.

Thanks for everyone's opinion.

J P Falcon -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/10/2011 3:40:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

I keep several, actually I end up with mostly Pionier's.

James Ward, I love those hero's, they not only fly but they kick ass.

Thanks for everyone's opinion.

It would be a great if there was an obit page for those hero's that are KIA. I lost a couple at Stalingrad and it would be a nice touch to review their achievments.

Rood -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/10/2011 9:05:57 AM)

Pioneer units all the way, in one campaign I also had a few paratroops but I ended up using them as regular infantry in the end.
Pioneer with movement bonus really is god mode.

terje439 -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/10/2011 10:16:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct
Early in the campaign Paratroopers are great for taking middle position airfields, however later in the Campaigns they can get overrun easily, so be wise with them

They are even better for taking the rear area victory cities.
The scenarios I find the Paratroopers of most value are;
-Norway
-Low Countries
-France
-Any scenario in the USSR except Kursk

I have never had issues with the defense values of my paratroopers unless I drop them in the middle of some KV2s. Against most rear area units they will hold their own easily.

The scenarios where you are on the defence however they are not that valuable (exception Scicily/Italy where I send them to take the bases in Africa and then send them into the eastern part of Scicily), but this is mainly due to the imo design flaw that they cannot be set up as ground units.

Terje

parusski -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/10/2011 12:13:28 PM)

J P Falcon having an obit page is a grand idea. I would love to see that.

VR_IronFist -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/12/2011 9:58:55 PM)

Always a fun topic. Here was my response to the same question on the Slitherine forums. My opinion hasn't changed as 1943 Grenadiers have won me many a multiplayer game with their ability to handle tanks from the proper terrain.

quote:

Interesting debate. Personally, I prefer a core of Grenadiers as my main Infantry force (I usually upgrade all my Wehrmacht Infantry to Grenadiers for 40 prestige ASAP) with some Fallschirmjägers and Gebirgsjägers as specialty support. Since what I really want are Panzergrenadiers, I will outfit them with sdkfz 250/251 as quickly as I can. That somewhat mitigates their 2 speed although initially prestige heavy. However I find it balances out over the course of a campaign and I love their hard-hitting ability against Hard targets.

I really like to vet my Fallschirmjägers and Gebirgsjägers the quickest so they become nasty, then I over-strength them each scenario to do the dirty work. They lack somewhat against Hard targets but I try to play the Campaign and Scenarios as historical as I can. Fallschirmjägers do get the "fortkiller" trait so they can somewhat sub for Pionieres (although I use them too, just not en masse like others). It's just historically, they were elite troops of the Wehrmacht.

parusski -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/13/2011 3:39:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VR_IronFist

Always a fun topic. Here was my response to the same question on the Slitherine forums. My opinion hasn't changed as 1943 Grenadiers have won me many a multiplayer game with their ability to handle tanks from the proper terrain.

quote:

Interesting debate. Personally, I prefer a core of Grenadiers as my main Infantry force (I usually upgrade all my Wehrmacht Infantry to Grenadiers for 40 prestige ASAP) with some Fallschirmjägers and Gebirgsjägers as specialty support. Since what I really want are Panzergrenadiers, I will outfit them with sdkfz 250/251 as quickly as I can. That somewhat mitigates their 2 speed although initially prestige heavy. However I find it balances out over the course of a campaign and I love their hard-hitting ability against Hard targets.

I really like to vet my Fallschirmjägers and Gebirgsjägers the quickest so they become nasty, then I over-strength them each scenario to do the dirty work. They lack somewhat against Hard targets but I try to play the Campaign and Scenarios as historical as I can. Fallschirmjägers do get the "fortkiller" trait so they can somewhat sub for Pionieres (although I use them too, just not en masse like others). It's just historically, they were elite troops of the Wehrmacht.

That is a very intriguing concept. Your well written response has convinced me to try things your way.

J P Falcon -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/13/2011 4:17:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: VR_IronFist

quote:

That is a very intriguing concept. Your well written response has convinced me to try things your way.

I second this, and if most of my core survive Kursk, I'll reduce my Pioneer Corps and replace them with Grenadiers.

VR_IronFist -> RE: Pionier or regular infatnry (9/13/2011 11:16:23 PM)

Gentlemen, let me know how it goes. I do use Pionieres, but they are a specialty unit in my army.

I've won more than a few games on Brocage Breakout (my second favorite multiplayer map behind Hylan Valley) using Grenadiers. The 1943 version with a 7 Soft Attack and 8 Hard Attack does pretty well against US armor from the Brocage. [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.855469E-02