What to do when waiting for a turn..... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

CarnageINC -> What to do when waiting for a turn..... (8/31/2011 2:15:25 AM)

After a short break from WitE I had forgotten how bad it is to have nothing to do while waiting for your turn to arrive. I'm at a loss, I feel like a baby without the blanket, a fish out of water, a smoker without a cigarette....I got the jitters![sm=dizzy.gif]

At first it was just like, "OH I got some spare time, lets try out WitE again"[8D]. After turn two it became "Wow I actually did miss this, maybe I should just check my email"[:)]. The third and forth turns were "I wonder if Red is playing his turn, I best check my email...just in case"[sm=00000117.gif]. The fifth and sixth turns started to get like "OH GOSH! I hope Red got my turn, he must have of gotten my turn...I'll just recheck my email"[sm=sad-1361.gif]. The seventh turn was "Is my email working right?!?...did I send that turn???...I know I sent the turn, I'll just check my email again...for the fourth time..."[sm=nono.gif].

Now it's *YAWN* "Just wokeup, I'll take a peak at my inbox", then later "break time, just a looksy",noon rolls around "Yummy its lunch, but first lets look at the emails", work drags on "Is it break time again...wouldn't you know it, my browser just happened to be opened to my emails", Walk in the door..."I'll be there in a bit honey, just gotta check my email". After dinner "...it's okay if I just stare at my email inbox from time to time...right?"

Does this mean I'm addicted....again?!? [:(]

CarnageINC -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (8/31/2011 2:19:24 AM)

I would like to start a new game with someone but I must wait for 1.05 to come out first!  Please hurry with the new patch....please.....

Michael T -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (8/31/2011 3:02:15 AM)

I do this...

[image]local://upfiles/22630/394CD55E65EE4DAB9B63A1289D3D6CCD.jpg[/image]

Michael T -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (8/31/2011 3:03:35 AM)

sorry they are so big..

[image]local://upfiles/22630/6CEEF3445BC74303B303C9AF210FA141.jpg[/image]

Footslogger -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (8/31/2011 3:20:43 AM)

This may help Carnage...Concentrate on what the video is saying,not the product...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egtxm7y3nig

aciddrinker -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (8/31/2011 10:53:02 AM)

you can try listen this to end Amazing Horse 10 hours

Cannonfodder -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (8/31/2011 11:05:05 AM)

If I want to play I practice vs the AI...

Bletchley_Geek -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (8/31/2011 12:55:50 PM)

Guys, now I think I work too much. [:D]

CarnageINC -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 12:28:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Footslogger

This may help Carnage...Concentrate on what the video is saying,not the product...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egtxm7y3nig

[sm=00000280.gif][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000280.gif]

Good find sir, good find [:'(]

parusski -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 1:15:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bletchley_Geek

Guys, now I think I work too much. [:D]

What is "work"?

Tarhunnas -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 10:15:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael T

I do this...

Pretty cool, but it's got no guns... [;)]

Edit: Sorry, looked again, it has guns! [X(] But only teeny itsy bitsy ones. [>:] WW1 battlecruisers are the thing!

Tarhunnas -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 10:23:49 AM)

I do this...

[image]local://upfiles/37384/8973E9518A334B5C9D35A94A41BB5F1C.jpg[/image]

Bletchley_Geek -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 10:41:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski
What is "work"?

In my case, getting a PhD thesis written.

Michael T -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 10:52:52 AM)

Tarhunnas what game is that?

Tarhunnas -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 11:34:14 AM)

quote:

It is a little hobby project of mine, I have made it myself.

Bletchley_Geek -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 12:34:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tarhunnas

quote:

That's really cool Tarhunnas [:)] From the screenshot I gather it's some sort of continuous/real-time naval combat system, isn't it?

Tarhunnas -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 2:29:58 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's really cool Tarhunnas [:)] From the screenshot I gather it's some sort of continuous/real-time naval combat system, isn't it?

Yes, it is actually one minute segments, but the action and gameflow is continuous. It covers any naval action in WW1, from a single ship duel up to Jutland.

[image]local://upfiles/37384/E8C84BDDAEF3493D913F855807DCA3B8.jpg[/image]

sitito -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 3:05:04 PM)

I watch educational films in my personal cinema at Berghof....

[image]http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/hannah_montana_movie_2.jpg[/image]

Bletchley_Geek -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 3:44:51 PM)

quote:

Yes, it is actually one minute segments, but the action and gameflow is continuous. It covers any naval action in WW1, from a single ship duel up to Jutland.

[image]local://upfiles/37384/E8C84BDDAEF3493D913F855807DCA3B8.jpg[/image]

Looks like it's almost done: there are quite a few scenarios there. Any plans on releasing it?

BTW, I'm no WW1 naval warfare grog, but the second Allied flag is... Scotland?

Tarhunnas -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 7:15:32 PM)

quote:

Looks like it's almost done: there are quite a few scenarios there. Any plans on releasing it?

I don't know really, I am not sure it is up to current standards in graphics. I have mostly done it for fun. I've been at if off and on for several years. The plan is to make a campaign where the user builds his own ships, a little like in Master of Orion, but in a WW1 era world. I started with the combat system, that is almost finished, and ship construction is done, so all I need to do is throw the campaign together.

quote:

Aaw...! It's the naval ensign of imperial Russia - and the current Russian naval ensign!

Edit: BTW, to be really correct, the allies in WW1 are actually Germany and Austria-Hungary, the Triple Alliance (minus Italy). France, Britain and Russia are the Entente.

SoliInvictus202 -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 8:43:54 PM)

quote:

quote:

I don't know really, I am not sure it is up to current standards in graphics. I have mostly done it for fun. I've been at if off and on for several years. The plan is to make a campaign where the user builds his own ships, a little like in Master of Orion, but in a WW1 era world. I started with the combat system, that is almost finished, and ship construction is done, so all I need to do is throw the campaign together.

quote:

Aaw...! It's the naval ensign of imperial Russia - and the current Russian naval ensign!

Edit: BTW, to be really correct, the allies in WW1 are actually Germany and Austria-Hungary, the Triple Alliance (minus Italy). France, Britain and Russia are the Entente.

I have to say I feel honored that someone would consider making a WWI game that involves the, back then, very powerful Austrian Navy! - the moment I have seen these names of the Battleships...well - being an officer in this very army I should say "I stood up and saluted"... - but not quite....got close though [:'(]

and I'd also have to ask about any future release date! [:)]

CarnageINC -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 10:18:19 PM)

quote:

quote:

WOW, that looks totally cool Tarhunnas [X(] Have you heard of the Avalanche Press "Great War at Sea" boardgames? Here is the link. http://www.avalanchepress.com/line_GWAS.php

I have most of them, both WWI and WWII. This looks like a close proximity to those. Looks great hope you can release it someday, I definitely would love to have a WWI era naval sea game that is comprehensive. [:)]

Michael T -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 10:32:57 PM)

Very cool sir!

Next up could you do one on Trafalgar?

CarnageINC -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 10:37:39 PM)

quote:

Very cool sir!

Now that would be a cool idea, Napoleonic era naval warfare! Especially the part about building your own ships [&o]

Tarhunnas -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 10:50:29 PM)

quote:

Very cool sir!

No problems really, entirely feasible. I would just have to redo stuff for sailing ships. Just a lot of work...

daft -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 11:00:16 PM)

Tarhunnas,

What's it written in?

Michael T -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 11:09:29 PM)

I would love a age of sail game. I played the old AH game WSIM and now GMT's Flying Colors. Something like those on PC would be fab. Bring it on, I would be your first customer.

Tarhunnas -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 11:13:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoliInvictus202

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have to say I feel honored that someone would consider making a WWI game that involves the, back then, very powerful Austrian Navy! - the moment I have seen these names of the Battleships...well - being an officer in this very army I should say "I stood up and saluted"... - but not quite....got close though [:'(]

and I'd also have to ask about any future release date! [:)]

The Austro-Hungarian navy is kind of cool, I always had a soft heart for it. [:)]

As I said, I am not sure the graphics are up to current standard, but once I am satisfied with it, I might try to get it published.

Anyone seriously interested in playtesting it can PM me.

[image]local://upfiles/37384/FD30BF4C30164633B5FD99CEAFC28261.jpg[/image]

Tarhunnas -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 11:16:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: daft

Tarhunnas,

What's it written in?

Delphi.

Tarhunnas -> RE: What to do when waiting for a turn..... (9/1/2011 11:18:00 PM)

quote:

I would love a age of sail game. I played the old AH game WSIM and now GMT's Flying Colors. Something like those on PC would be fab. Bring it on, I would be your first customer.

Have you tried Age of Sail II? That's fairly good, and it's got full 3D.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02