SailingGuy -> Last Man Standing [CLOSED] (8/8/2011 5:28:25 PM)
"Last Man Standing - Volume 1".
This game is not for the feint of heart. There can be only one winner. Alliances are allowed, but at some point in time you will have to turn on your former ally.
That being the case, care should be taken when intermingling forces, exchanging technologies, giving hexes, letting your ally "see" your empire via screenshots, etc.
ONLY ONE PERSON CAN WIN. NO SHARED VICTORIES.
If you don't like back stabbing and duplicity, don't join this game. If you can't shake hands and walk away from the "table" with a smile on your face, after a former ally has destroyed your empire, don't join this game. If you hold grudges, don't join this game.
But if you love "Diplomacy" style games, like making long term strategic goals, quietly giggle while convincing others to do your bidding...well then, Machiavelli, this one is for you.
Code of Conduct:
1) Don't disappear unexpectedly. If you lose interest in the game, surrender your forces. Don't ruin the game for the rest of us by quitting without notice.
2) Don't take it personally. Back stabbing, lying, and other nefarious actions will be the order of the day.
3) Complete your turn within 24 to 48 hours if at all possible. If you are going to be away for an extended period of time, let us know.
4) Email the new file to the next player in line after your turn is done.
5) File naming format: AAA-BBB-CCC-DDD-XXX-YYY-ZZZ-### (Where AAA is the name of player one, BBB is player two, CCC is player three, etc., with ### increasing by one number at the end of each player's turn...001, 002, 003, etc.)
6) Make a "courtesy" post on this forum that you have passed the turn to the next player in line.
Five or seven players (depending on interest).
World size X-Large (7 players) or Large (5 players).
Number of AI- equal to the number of players.
1 Town start.
Climate: Full Range
Fog of War
Hide realtime AI
Passwords (write it down!)
I will generate a random starting player order, so please PM me with your email. The order will be determined via the email dice server at email@example.com. You can see how the dice roller works at http://dice.nomic.net/email.html
Turn order will be...
Player 2, etc.
Some players may be placed next to an AI- of the same "race", or close to a treasure trove of resources. Such random luck will occur. Deal with it. Stats are not hidden, so feel free to pound on the "highest nail".
PM me or post here if you want to join.
EDIT (8/28/11): To remove DropBox requirement and to specify file naming protocol.
EDIT (8/29/11): To add item #6 to the "Code of Conduct".