Flames in the East! : Carnage vs. Miller (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports

CarnageINC -> Flames in the East! : Carnage vs. Miller (8/7/2011 5:35:21 AM)

Hello all [:)]

This is a match I've been looking forward to ever since I read Miller's AAR game versus Belphigor. We will both be doing a AAR for this grand campaign 41.

After some discussion we agreed to the house rules with my other game versus Redmarkus.

Here they are again.

1. No Soviet AF attacks before '43.
2. No Soviet amphib landings prior to Jan '42 and none ever in the north or the map. Also, Soviets can't amphib west of Sevastopol if its captured, same with no amphib west of Odessa if its captured.
3. No Soviet amphib invasion of Romania as long as one Axis combat unit is based in Constantia
4. No pure checker board defense - each player must make a gentlemanly attempt to build a realistic front line. Defense in depth behind that front is allowed, of course.
5. No Romanian gambit to seek early release. If 11th Armee and the Romanians are released early due to creation of Lvov pocket, the Axis player agrees not to move them until their standard release date.
6. No Finnish move/attack until BOTH Leningrad AND Moscow are taken. The reason for this is that the Finns feared Stalin and they made diplomatic guarantees to the Soviets not to go beyond their historical borders. I don't believe they would have changed their view on this unless they were 100% convinced that the SU was beaten for good.
7. Soviet winter offensive deliberate attack limit of 3 Front commands per turn during winter '41-42. Other fronts can only conduct hasty attacks each turn. So, the SU cannot attack deliberately all along the front in any one turn, although you will not know where the main attacks are going to come from. Hopefully, this will make for a more realistic winter. From 42-43 winter onward, anything goes for both sides.
8. If the Axis player pulls his front back more than 5 hexes prior to the start of the winter '41 counter offensive (other than shortening the line, etc.).

I look forward to a gentlemanly game with Ken and wish him the best of luck.

[image]local://upfiles/15628/95852740E2C44591A925F3B328E1E73A.jpg[/image]

Klydon -> RE: Flames in the East! : Carnage vs. Miller (8/7/2011 3:26:14 PM)

Haha.. nice newspaper. Should be fun to watch and follow. 

CarnageINC -> RE: Flames in the East! : Carnage vs. Miller (8/11/2011 1:09:43 AM)

Thanks Klydon, I plan on using the newspaper format for this AAR instead of using it in my Redmarkus AAR.

As for the end of the week, here is the overall situation. My encirclements went better than I expected after my fiasco in my other game. The main objective of Operation Omega is the standard grab as much ground as possible across a broad front. I expect some divergence with my two AAR's to happen soon, then things will get interesting.

[image]local://upfiles/15628/8B79361C02554E12A797F8B1DB8898A3.jpg[/image]

CarnageINC -> RE: Flames in the East! : Carnage vs. Miller (8/15/2011 8:08:10 PM)

There is a trend going on in my games....[:@] I don't know why I assume that my panzer spearheads can go off on there own and be fine [:-]. More of my drives have been butchered by over extending myself, similar to what I did with Redmarkus. Live and learn i guess. The war shall go on!

I'll post a ops map when I'm finished with my movements.[;)]

[image]local://upfiles/15628/8F8EFBC0D2F4443EBE9186D43B73ED0B.jpg[/image]

sillyflower -> RE: Flames in the East! : Carnage vs. Miller (8/15/2011 10:14:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CarnageINC

There is a trend going on in my games....[:@] I don't know why I assume that my panzer spearheads can go off on there own and be fine [:-]. More of my drives have been butchered by over extending myself, similar to what I did with Redmarkus. Live and learn i guess. The war shall go on!

Can I play your Germans next please :)

CarnageINC -> RE: Flames in the East! : Carnage vs. Miller (8/17/2011 2:31:07 AM)

Here is the SITREP for 3rd of July. These are tentative movements for the next few weeks. I don't have much faith in the pincer movement in the south, the AGC breach of the land bridge will face stiff opposition with only 1 panzer group and with several 4th and 9th Army corps so far away.

I definitely rusty at this so it should make for a interesting winter I believe.

[image]local://upfiles/15628/774A853E5E3B4D02B56C6498BEC26DDD.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI