SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- Battle of Manassas Again! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War The Blue and the Gray

berto -> SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- Battle of Manassas Again! (10/5/2012 11:02:15 PM)

SVF 2.0 public beta test 20121004. Late November 1861. Union AI, Confederate Human.

Battle of Manassas Again!

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121001EarlyNov61BattleOfManassas.jpg[/image]

Nice victory.

But I'm a bit concerned about the pace of warring this early in the war. In the Real War, in 1861, there was only a single major engagement in the east -- First Manassas. In my test game, there have been multiple Battles of Manassas, and more than a half dozen major engagements, many of them initiated by the Union AI. In the Real War, after its loss at Manassas, a chastened Union retired to Washington DC to lick its wounds and regroup. It didn't venture forward again until spring of the following year. In this game (and generally in the SVF mod?), is the Union AI perhaps too motivated to push, push, push forward? Do you have mechanisms in place to recreate the Real War, post First Manassas defeat, Union meekness and hesitancy?

The Confederacy has finally chosen the Paper Money Printing option, BTW.

Union Morale 96, VPs 672, Combat Losses 19735

Confederate Morale 122, VPs 780, Combat Losses 16499

Unlike my first test game, where I questioned the low loss levels, in this second test game the losses seem maybe a bit too high.

Thoughts?

Saves, Logs, Scripts available here.

berto -> SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- First Union AI Coastal Ops, Saint John's FL (10/6/2012 12:24:09 AM)

SVF 2.0 public beta test 20121004. Early December 1861. Union AI, Confederate Human.

First Union AI Coastal Ops, Saint John's FL:

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121001EarlyDec61FirstUnionAICoastalOpsSaintJohnsFL.jpg[/image]

Good to see some coastal ops at last. (Although I think you said they are in the stock AI, not new scripts you've prepared for SVF.)

Fortunately, in anticipation of this sort of thing, I had thought to garrison most of the Southern coastal forts with home-state militia. So I'm not caught completely flat footed and unprepared.

Union Morale 96, VPs 746, Combat Losses 19955

Confederate Morale 122, VPs 831, Combat Losses 16849

Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- First Union AI Coastal Ops, Saint John's FL (10/6/2012 3:39:20 PM)

Manassas value must be ressetted after Summer : next version.

Florida: the good news is the operation is compliant to my own amphibious events: Florida was picked because the event fired. :-)

Thanks for the work. [:)]

berto -> SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- Mid Winter Battles (10/6/2012 4:36:23 PM)

SVF 2.0 public beta test 20121004. Late January 1862. Union AI, Confederate Human.

Mid Winter Battles.

In Early January, Bull Nelson attacked a commanderless garrison at Columbus (Hickman KY). Columbus fell to the Union.

To the west, Franz Sigel conducted a mid winter assault, in the snow, against Earl Van Dorn's command at Rolla MO. Sigel was repulsed, and retreated northward.

To the east, no action for a couple months or more.

In Florida, Stiles' Brigade abandoned the siege of St. Augstine and turned to invest Ft. Marion. I am assembling a counterforce in the vicinity.

The situation in the center:

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121004LateJan62KYTNFront.jpg[/image]

Union Morale 93, VPs 884, Combat Losses 21275

Confederate Morale 121, VPs 975, Combat Losses 18460

Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- Mid Winter Battles (10/6/2012 6:02:10 PM)

The Ft marion preference is intended: Union AI will search to capture fort before the other regions for supply purpose...

oldspec4 -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- Mid Winter Battles (10/6/2012 6:59:12 PM)

This is really good stuff [&o]. I will start SVF 2.0 when my real life starts to ease up.

berto -> SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- What in Heck Is Sigel Doing? (10/6/2012 10:53:38 PM)

SVF 2.0 public beta test 20121004. Early February 1862. Union AI, Confederate Human.

What in heck is Sigel Doing? Marching westward through the winter mud away from his sources of supply? (The previous turn, he was east of Jefferson City, at Union MO. IIRC.)

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121004EarlyFeb62WhatInHeckIsSigelDoing.jpg[/image]

At the siege of Ft. Marion FL, is Stiles' Brigade withering away from lack of supply?

Late last month, the Union Army of the Potomac sallied forth from Washington, Mud Marching south towards Fredericksburg. Seeing as "Yup, it's pretty muddy," and observing the well-entrenched Jackson Command at Fredericksburg, the Union AOP returned whence it came -- Alexandria VA. They needed the exercise maybe? [;)]

Union Morale 93, VPs 930, Combat Losses 21275

Confederate Morale 121, VPs 1023, Combat Losses 18460

Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- What in Heck Is Sigel Doing? (10/6/2012 11:08:54 PM)

Sigel: Lexington is a supply source and the move is limited to Versailles region. Now, why Versailles has been picked? I don't know. As I don't know what next Sigel move will be. Not a clever AI action, but nothing disasterous.

McDowell: here the log

4:29:39 PM (Reporting) Agenda 1 : Agenda: Attack, Value: 9975, Region: 133 Nelson, VA
4:29:39 PM (Reporting) Agenda 2 : Agenda: Keep Position, Value: 74550, Region: 119 Stafford, VA
4:29:39 PM (Reporting) Agenda 3 : Agenda: Defend, Value: 26376, Region: 116 Fairfax, VA
4:29:39 PM (Reporting) Agenda 4 : Agenda: Attack, Value: 3450, Region: 147 Richmond, VA

The hightest value, and by a large margin, is Agenda 2, keep position at Stafford. The picked agenda was the third, defend Fairfax. That's the result of the hard randomization routine of the AGE AI: it happens from time to time. Let's imagine it's the game repritition of the 1863 Meade Mud march...The key is to compute if this AI behavior comes from time to time, that is acceptable, or often, and so has too be reduced.

Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- What in Heck Is Sigel Doing? (10/7/2012 2:56:25 AM)

Ft Marion: yes the uNion unit is starving due to lack of supply. The AI hasn't the tools for evacuation or to attach a supply wagn to an amphibious force. Now, this one operation as tiny, involving only one unit. The Union AI is preparing larger operations. I'm going to see if it's possible to get some supply wagons too, but it will be difficult.

bigus -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- What in Heck Is Sigel Doing? (10/7/2012 5:11:02 AM)

Are you using the latest patch (1.16a) for this Mod?
If not, which patch is this based on?

Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121004 -- What in Heck Is Sigel Doing? (10/7/2012 10:05:11 AM)

It works with the latest version [:)]

berto -> SVF 2.0 public beta 20121008 -- McClellan Smacks Stuart (10/8/2012 10:55:22 PM)

SVF 2.0 public beta test 20121008. Early April 1862. Union AI, Confederate Human.

McClellan Smacks Stuart.

JEB Stuart's newly formed cavalry division was on a scouting expedition in the Shenandoah. Seeing as how Winchester was ungarrisoned, Stuart recklessly decided to take the place. In a neat countermove, McClellan's (!) Corps moved swiftly into Winchester VA and smacked Stuart hard. Stuart withdrew to the lower Shenandoah to lick his wounds.

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121008EarlyApr62EasternTheater.jpg[/image]

In the center, no action since last autumn, force buildup only.

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121008EarlyApr62CentralTheater.jpg[/image]

In the west, Fremont is looking to pick a fight.

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121008EarlyApr62WesternTheater.jpg[/image]

Union Morale 97, VPs 1108, Combat Losses 21525

Confederate Morale 121, VPs 1215, Combat Losses 20630

Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121008 -- McClellan Smacks Stuart (10/8/2012 11:15:13 PM)

I'm currently working to renforce Union AI interest in KY/TN area. It was a weak spot for it, with too few units devoted to these States. My very preliminary test toninght on the enxt version seems to show I've solved it, as units in WV are coming back to Kentucky. Next release soon.

berto -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121008 -- McClellan Smacks Stuart (10/8/2012 11:28:31 PM)

In my previous report, I forgot to mention:

• In early March, Grant made a move against Island 10, but backed off when Bragg showed up in strength.
  • In Florida, Stiles broke off the siege of Ft. Marion and ... has vanished! Died from lack of supply?

• Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121008 -- McClellan Smacks Stuart (10/8/2012 11:30:45 PM)

yes.

berto -> SVF 2.0 public beta 20121008 -- The Universe of Battle (10/9/2012 10:33:59 PM)

SVF 2.0 public beta test 20121008. Early May 1862. Union AI, Confederate Human.

The Universe of Battle.

In an early spring (early April) offensive, Banks' Union Army of the Potomac marched southward towards Fredericksburg. Beauregard's Army of the Potomac [I really must rename that!], with Jackson's Corps, left its Manassas entrenchments to move on Bank's right flank at Stafford. Johnston's Corps marched to the sound of the guns up from Fredericksburg. An epic battle, and Glorious Southern victory!, ensued:

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121008LateApr62BattleOfStafford.jpg[/image]

To the southwest, a very aggressive Heintzelman handled Stuart rather roughly:

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121008LateApr62BattleOfCharlottesville.jpg[/image]

In early May, the situation in the east:

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121008EarlyMay62EasternTheater.jpg[/image]

Meanwhile, in Missouri, Van Dorn repulsed Fremont at Rolla:

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121008LateApr62BattleOfRolla.jpg[/image]

All quiet on the KY/TN front, and along the coasts.

Union Morale 97, VPs 1215, Combat Losses 33335

Confederate Morale 125, VPs 1286, Combat Losses 31675

[I wish I could crank out turns faster, and move this playtest along more swiftly; but Real Life intrudes!]

berto -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121008 -- The Universe of Battle (10/9/2012 11:01:54 PM)

An observation:

All battles thus far have been one-day affairs. Okay for 1861, and smaller engagements. But it would have been better for the epic Battle of Stafford to last for two days (or even more). Why? It's because most Real War large-scale marquee battles were multi-day, typically two. Indeed, consider the Real War Seven Days Battle (much like, in numbers, the in-game Stafford Battle) -- obviously lasting more than a day.

Getting the battle durations right -- this is something I worked very hard at while I was an AACW Beta Team member several years back.

I know that this is probably determined by the game engine, not by the mod. But it would be a shame (to me!) if all battles were to be one-day, hence the game were to fall short of realism on this point.

Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121008 -- The Universe of Battle (10/10/2012 7:08:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

An observation:

All battles thus far have been one-day affairs. Okay for 1861, and smaller engagements. But it would have been better for the epic Battle of Stafford to last for two days (or even more). Why? It's because most Real War large-scale marquee battles were multi-day, typically two. Indeed, consider the Real War Seven Days Battle (much like, in numbers, the in-game Stafford Battle) -- obviously lasting more than a day.

Getting the battle durations right -- this is something I worked very hard at while I was an AACW Beta Team member several years back.

I know that this is probably determined by the game engine, not by the mod. But it would be a shame (to me!) if all battles were to be one-day, hence the game were to fall short of realism on this point.

You're right. That's indeed apoint to be monitored. Once I will have refined AI behaviour in winter ( next version) I will myself go on 1862 turns [:D] to check what's needed.

berto -> mkmodrpt -- automating Saves, Logs & Scripts .zip file creation (10/10/2012 6:26:12 PM)

In the course of my SVF playtest, I frequently post images, but also .zip files with Saves, Logs & Scripts.

The first time or two I did that, it was tedious, boring, and -- I could see -- eventually prone to error. There has to be a better way...

There is! Here is a Bash script, which I run in Cygwin for Windows, to prepare the .zip files, in one easy command line:

Robert@roberto ~
    $ cat /home/Robert/bin/mkmodrpt

#!/usr/bin/bash

ORGDIR=`pwd`

if [ $1 = "-z" ]; then
    ZIPIT=1
    shift
    fi

SAVNAM=$1
    RPTNAM=$2

SRCDIR="/cygdrive/c/Games/AGEOD/AGEod's American Civil War SVF/ACW"
    TMPDIR=/cygdrive/c/Temp

SAVGAM="SVF20beta20120918S"

TGTDIR=$TMPDIR/$RPTNAM

mkdir $TGTDIR 2>/dev/null

rsync -vap --delete "$SRCDIR/Logs" $TGTDIR
    rsync -vap --delete "$SRCDIR/Scripts" $TGTDIR
    mkdir $TGTDIR/Saves
    rsync -vap --delete "$SRCDIR/Saves/$SAVNAM" $TGTDIR/Saves

cd $TGTDIR/Scripts
    for f in `ls -tr | head -n -3`; do rm -f $f; done
    ls -l

cd "$TGTDIR/Saves/$SAVNAM"
    rm -rf Backup[2-9] Backup??
    ls -l

if [ $ZIPIT ]; then
    cd $TMPDIR
    zip -r $RPTNAM.zip $RPTNAM
    fi

cd $ORGDIR

exit 0

mkmodrpt

• mkdir's a temporary staging directory
  • copies (by means of rsync) the game Logs, Scripts & Saves folders to that staging directory
  • rm's (removes) all but the most recent 3 script files
  • rm's all but the last two backup sets
  • optionally creates a .zip file of the bundle (optional, because I can manually use WinZip etc. instead if for some reason I prefer)

I could fancy this up, by adding command-line options, and suitable code, for different AGEOD games (and game installations), different game playtests, etc. But I'm KISSing this for now.

Here is a sample mkmodrpt invocation:

Robert@roberto ~
    $ /home/Robert/bin/mkmodrpt -z SVF20betaS2 SVF20Beta20121008TheUniverseOfBattle

where 'SVF20betaS2' is the name of my test game, and 'SVF20Beta20121008TheUniverseOfBattle' is the name of my .zip file.

(I have a suite of Cygwin Bash scripts for automating weather mod creation, maintenance & QA, for example:

Robert@roberto ~
    $ find bin/weathers -type f | egrep -v "~"

bin/weathers/cksum_mkweathers
    bin/weathers/cp_mkweathers
    bin/weathers/diff_dist
    bin/weathers/diff_Weathers
    bin/weathers/make_backup
    bin/weathers/make_dist
    bin/weathers/rsync_Saves

For AGElint development, maintenance & operation, there are many, many more Linux scripts besides.)

Without Linux & Cygwin, without programs and scripts, without automation -- without these things, I don't know that I would playtest, mod (weathers and ...), develop AGElint. Too much trouble. In some respects, next to impossible.

Linux, Cygwin, etc. -- Try them, you'll like them!

• berto -> SVF 2.0 public beta 20121009 -- A.S. Johnston Retakes Bowling Green (10/10/2012 8:28:54 PM)

SVF 2.0 public beta test 20121009. Late May 1862. Union AI, Confederate Human.

A.S. Johnston Retakes Bowling Green.

With a beefed up Army of Tennessee, A.S. Johnston (incl. Bragg's Corps) advanced on Bowling Green (Warren KY). Crittenden's Lawrence Force withdrew without a fight. I like the looks of this.

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121009LateMay62ASJohnstonRetakesBowlingGreen.jpg[/image]

In the east, Heintzelman's Corps runs rampant through central Virginia. I don't like the looks of this.

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121009LateMay62EasternTheater.jpg[/image]

In the west, Fremont beat up a vastly outnumbered Price and seized Springfield MO. A major Union AI offensive all across Missouri/Arkansas. I don't like the looks of this.

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121009LateMay62WesternTheater.jpg[/image]

I have to reconcile myself to: Vastly outnumbered in men and resources, the South cannot hope to hold everywhere. Something's got to give. It's just questions of where, when, and how quickly.

Union Morale 99, VPs 1221, Combat Losses 34135

Confederate Morale 127, VPs 1334, Combat Losses 34815

[I continue to post so frequently, not only because the circumstances are interesting, but also to provide plenty of data points for developing the 1862 Union AI.]

Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121009 -- A.S. Johnston Retakes Bowling Green (10/10/2012 8:52:07 PM)

And I'm studying them [8D]. The current version delivers a stronger AI in Kentucky.

Most CSA players are very aggressive at start and will not forfeit one inch of ground. However, the Union AI will eventually be stronger each new month, to a level South can't reach due to limited ressources. CSA will have sooner or later to choose indeed a priority. In a certain way, beyond all the current sholar discussion about the Western theater importance and its rile in Confederate defeat, I just feel, without having planned it in writing SVF, CSA hadn't really the choice: Virginia had to be defended as its loss would have hampered the Southern War effort, when, for all its value, West was the area where it was possible to trade space for time...The interest of wargaming as simulation and not only as game: evaluating possible what ifs [:)][:)] ( if not you may decide Finland will...[:D] )

Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121009 -- A.S. Johnston Retakes Bowling Green (10/10/2012 9:09:44 PM)

I've begun preliminary observatons about Union AI and coastal operation. It's trying to plan one somewhere ( I will not say you where). But as itt plans it very poorly, conditions aren't made for launch. It should target fort first, whereas it tries to go beyond the fort belt, before cancelling the move because f the risk created by the fort...Vicious circle.

Another point is certainly tied to AI interest for Canada and ...Amsterdam. That will be solved in the new games with the next version, as I've stripped all these regions of objectives, cities and harbors. AI has never been at ease with blocked regions as it plans moves into even if impossible.

I've at last to review my own events. There's certainly a new design needed for these ones.

berto -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121009 -- A.S. Johnston Retakes Bowling Green (10/10/2012 9:25:19 PM)

I have nearly vetted agelint (the binary executable) against all AGElint supported games (ACW, AJE, NCP, ROP, RUS & WIA). Then I need to vet chkaliases.pl, chklocals.pl, and all the other Perl scripts (including the new chkareas.pl & chkregions.pl) in the AGElint toolkit. I foresee issuing a new AGElint release soon, possibly by this weekend, certainly by next week.

After that's out of the way, I want to turn my near full attention (when I'm not playtesting SVF and providing you with data points) to a study of the SVF AI files. I will ignore the FY AI files for now, as I am much more familiar with the American Civil War. (I know little about the Russian Civil War. I've just read several books on the RCW, while I've read easily 50+ books about the ACW over the course of my lifetime. Played tons of ACW board and computer games too. [8D])

AI modding, here I come! You take the lead, of course. [&o]

berto -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121009 -- A.S. Johnston Retakes Bowling Green (10/10/2012 9:28:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chliperic

Most CSA players are very aggressive at start and will not forfeit one inch of ground.

No doubt about that. We want to feel in control; we want to Do Something. It's human nature. And it's our undoing.

Let it be, let it be.

berto -> SVF 2.0 public beta 20121009 -- J. Johnston Retakes Charlottesville (10/10/2012 10:22:44 PM)

SVF 2.0 public beta test 20121009. Early June 1862. Union AI, Confederate Human.

A.S. Johnston Retakes Charlottesville.

Heintzelman receives his due. Let's hope the Union offensive in central Virginia fizzles out.

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121009EarlyJune62JJohnstonRetakesCharlottesville.jpg[/image]

J. Johnston is not my best general on the attack, but his was the only corps in the vicinity. It worked out for the best, luckily.

The Battle of Charlottesville was another one-day battle, but given the forces involved -- about the same size as the Real War Cedar Mountain, another one-day battle (and in the same general locale) -- that seems right.

Little to report in KY/TN.

In the west, small-scale battles at Jefferson City MO and Van Buren AR. The South is retreating from Missouri, abandoning the state to the North. Let's see how the Union AI capitalizes on that.

Aggressive Union moves in Texas and the southwest. Curtis is besieging Galveston TX!

Union Morale 100, VPs 1267, Combat Losses 38390

Confederate Morale 126, VPs 1381, Combat Losses 37830

berto -> SVF 2.0 public beta 20121009 -- Something's Afoot in the East (10/12/2012 9:33:32 PM)

SVF 2.0 public beta test 20121009. Late July 1862. Union AI, Confederate Human.

Something's Afoot in the East.

After months of quiet, the Union AOP is on the move. Yet another battle around Manassas seems imminent. Union AI moves in the Shenandoah too.

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121009LateJuly62SomethingsAfootInTheEast.jpg[/image]

In the east, Lee has assumed command of the Southern AOP. I am sending Beauregard west.

In the center, Grant (with a smallish force) is marching back and forth and around and around, east, west & south of Cairo (Alexander IL). Looking for a fight? In marathon training? Lost? [;)]

Again, little to report in KY/TN. A bit boring, actually.

In the west, more hurrying and scurrying. Our retreat from Missouri continues, but we're holding back the tide elsewhere.

I see lots of Union fleets all over the eastern seaboard. (Too bad fleets don't show in the mini-map.) Is one or more Union coastal operation to be expected?

Union Morale 91, VPs 1405, Combat Losses 39580

Confederate Morale 125, VPs 1525, Combat Losses 38780

Finally, you will note the localization bug ("evt_nam_CSA_HoodB") showing in the message box.

berto -> SVF 2.0 public beta 20121012 -- Lee's First Victory (10/13/2012 11:18:27 PM)

SVF 2.0 public beta test 20121012. Early August 1862. Union AI, Confederate Human.

Lee's First Victory.

And a glorious victory it was!

But maybe not quite plausible? For one thing, a 180,000+ Union AoP? When the largest Real War Union army (Hooker, at Chancellorsville) was 140K. For another, the lopsided casualties, ~9:1. No Real War major engagement was nearly that lopsided. Thirdly, yet another one-day battle. For forces involved being so great, this is not right. (What can you do?)

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121012LateJul62LeesFirstVictory.jpg[/image]

Offsetting the victory at Manassas, we lost Charlottesville to Heintzelman yet again. He's becoming Real Annoying!

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121012LateJul62CharlottesvillDefeatRedux.jpg[/image]

In early August 1862, the situation in the east:

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121012EarlyAug62EasternTheater.jpg[/image]

In the Far west, a major engagement -- yet stalemate -- at Fayetteville AR:

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121012LateJul62BattleOfFayetteville.jpg[/image]

The situation in the far west. Note Grant in northern Missouri. What in heck is he doing now? Why can't probably the best Union general get into the game?

Note the 80 WSU. Luxurious. Time again to initiate some Southern industrialization maybe.

Note also another localization bug ("evt_nam_CSA_mid1862Generals") showing in the message box.

[image]http://pikt.org/ageod/acw/SVF20Beta20121012EarlyAug62WesternTheater.jpg[/image]

The center, and along the coasts: still no action.

Below, note the huge jump in Confederate NM, from the victory at Manassas.

Union Morale 81, VPs 1454, Combat Losses 57929

Confederate Morale 135, VPs 1642, Combat Losses 44715

Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121012 -- Lee's First Victory (10/13/2012 11:35:59 PM)

Army size and battle duration are under scrutiny.

Battle results: once again, you have't fought against Banks, only against one Union Corps. Look at the battle results panel: there's no Union 3 stars General, only a 2 stars one. So the uNion corps was heavily hammered by your more larger Confederate Army, explaining both battle duration and loopsided losses.

About Grant, only new games with the latest version will fix this. On this point, your current game results are more and more below the current Union AI strength.

Chliperic -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121012 -- Lee's First Victory (10/14/2012 12:18:34 AM)

FYI, here the Union AI reaction you will get the turn after Confederate decision to invade Kentucky with a new game under the latest version

[image]http://struggleformodding.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/ky.jpg[/image]

berto -> RE: SVF 2.0 public beta 20121012 -- Lee's First Victory (10/14/2012 12:49:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chliperic

Army size and battle duration are under scrutiny.

Good. Probably don't matter to many players, but certainly irk ACW grognards like me.

quote:

Battle results: once again, you have't fought against Banks, only against one Union Corps. Look at the battle results panel: there's no Union 3 stars General, only a 2 stars one. So the uNion corps was heavily hammered by your more larger Confederate Army, explaining both battle duration and loopsided losses.

Right. I had forgotten that. Confusing nonetheless.

quote:

About Grant, only new games with the latest version will fix this. On this point, your current game results are more and more below the current Union AI strength.

I failed to mention: I see much Union activity at sea, and many fleets sailing up and down the Atlantic coast. But nothing beyond that yet.

At what point would I best abandon this game, and start over? Or is this still giving useful feedback?

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
    2.734375E-02