Rise of Rome Installation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Field of Glory Series >> Tech Support

keoman -> Rise of Rome Installation (7/18/2011 6:44:18 PM)

I purchased and downloaded Rise of Rome and got an 82 megabyte file that was not an application. In "properties" it says it's an application, but it does not look like the other modules I bought and installed and it does not run. You get a message asking you to select the application to run the file. I put in a help ticket on this, but does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks

Mark

Big B -> RE: Rise of Rome Installation (7/22/2011 1:31:16 AM)

I just had this same problem today, but my system does not see it as a setup application....just a generic file. What gives?
quote:

ORIGINAL: keoman

I purchased and downloaded Rise of Rome and got an 82 megabyte file that was not an application. In "properties" it says it's an application, but it does not look like the other modules I bought and installed and it does not run. You get a message asking you to select the application to run the file. I put in a help ticket on this, but does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks

Mark

[image]local://upfiles/16855/C8FAE29EED624F75B5B897D9BC1B1862.jpg[/image]

Iain McNeil -> RE: Rise of Rome Installation (7/22/2011 9:28:45 AM)

Sorry you are having problems. It appears your machines have renamed teh file for some reason. Try renaming it to a .exe file. If this does nto work disable your vuirus protection and try again. It is almost certainly a virus checker issue. It is trying to protect you by renaming the file so you cannot run it. How helpful :)

Big B -> RE: Rise of Rome Installation (7/22/2011 10:41:31 PM)

That worked perfectly!

Thank you![:)]

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Sorry you are having problems. It appears your machines have renamed teh file for some reason. Try renaming it to a .exe file. If this does nto work disable your vuirus protection and try again. It is almost certainly a virus checker issue. It is trying to protect you by renaming the file so you cannot run it. How helpful :)

michaelm -> RE: Rise of Rome Installation (6/10/2012 4:39:33 PM)

Downloaded today.
The file is downloaded as FOGRise (without an extension) as is not being renamed by the virus scanner or downloader.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI