supply port bug? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

antoarc -> supply port bug? (6/17/2011 3:06:41 PM)

In a pbem game i captured Tallinn on turn 2, and the units around and inside it were in supply.
At start of turn 3 all the units cannot trace suppyl from Tallinn, is that a bug or is it right?
Here are the picture of the problem, and if you want i have a save game of it.
Thanks

[image]local://upfiles/25516/7E0982E4F3DB4D66AA90B72EA2050512.jpg[/image]

antoarc -> RE: supply port bug? (6/17/2011 3:08:39 PM)

Picture of turn 3

Helpless -> RE: supply port bug? (6/17/2011 3:27:24 PM)

What is the port size and port damage in Tallinn?

There was change in the code which doesn't allow supply transfer through the heavily damaged ports. For that reason special port value calculated, but this is done only during the logistic phase. It means that it may look in supply just after the capture, but units won't get anything when actual logistic phase starts, because port value is too low.

antoarc -> RE: supply port bug? (6/17/2011 3:49:46 PM)

port dam value is 91 , port size is 5 ...... how much need to be to supply units?

This change was'nt reported in any patch , isn't it?

i don't remember anything about it

thanks for the fast reply

Antonio

Joel Billings -> RE: supply port bug? (6/17/2011 7:40:46 PM)

These were the fix list items in 1.04.29 having to do with ports:

3) Fixed a bug where strategic movement was possible through heavily damaged ports.
4) Fixed a bug where port values were not set before unit supply.

Helpless -> RE: supply port bug? (6/17/2011 7:58:46 PM)

Yes, I was not correct. The supply movement was always restricted trough the damaged ports. This is the troops movement which was fixed.

antoarc -> RE: supply port bug? (6/18/2011 8:04:02 AM)

K let me explain if i understand ( i know i am a little stupid B-))))

captured port cannot supply if the effective value is reduced to less than 1, in this case port value is 5 dam is 91% = 0,45 no supply at all from Tallinn.

next turn before the supply phase the port dam is reduced by 10% soo 91-9,1= 81,9 % dam that mean 81,9% x 5 port value = 0,905, less than 1 soo no supply again;

but at the repair phase the port will repair by 3% soo on the other turn i will get supply from it cause it reach 1 port value.

is that clear?

Antonio

20.4.1.2. Supply Trace over Water Hexes

If the effective port value is reduced to less than one due to damage, then supplies may not be sent through that port. However, the port damage is reduced by 10% before the supply phase and only the smallest ports would have a value less than one after the 10% reduction in damage.

P.S. this game is fantastic, but far better is the support that we get from matrix staff and other players....many thanks for your help friends!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02