Installation Failure: Windows cannot find irsetup.exe (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support

SPSMain -> Installation Failure: Windows cannot find irsetup.exe (6/11/2011 8:39:32 AM)

Hi,

I bought today and downloaded CC:LSA from Matrix to my laptop, and when I go to install the "CloseCombat-LastStandArnhem-DR-v560.exe" download file, I get the following messages:

quote:

Windows cannot find C:\Users\[My User Name]\AppData\Temp\_ir_sf_temp_0\irsetup.exe'. Make sure you typed the name corrently, and then try again.

and subsequently

quote:

Launcher Error: Could not start the setup

Please see picture.

I am running Vista SP2 and have tried everything possible: downloading the file a second time, turning off anti-virus software & User Account Control & Windows Defender, running as Administrator, making sure read-only is unchecked in AppData\Temp etc.

Note that the '_ir_sf_temp_0' folder is created when I attempt the setup, but contains only irsetup.exe 567kb in size. When I click this irsetup.exe, it again says

quote:

Windows cannot find C:\Users\[My User Name]\AppData\Temp\_ir_sf_temp_0\irsetup.exe'. Make sure you typed the name corrently, and then try again.

I can install this onto my desktop without incident, and have even tried copying the Matrix Game folder on that PC to my laptops C:\\, but while the autorun menu works correctly, I naturally get a Error 200 on the serial number.

The fact that it works on another PC suggests there's no issue with the download, but rather my laptop. Nonetheless, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

[image]local://upfiles/38658/13E59A376A1B47328FD7D8633A1E1320.jpg[/image]

SPSMain -> RE: Installation Failure: Windows cannot find irsetup.exe (6/11/2011 12:44:21 PM)

Contents of Appdata\Temp:

[image]local://upfiles/38658/61DA298619A64A20AA747398AE444B99.jpg[/image]

berndn -> RE: Installation Failure: Windows cannot find irsetup.exe (6/11/2011 1:34:18 PM)

How long is [User Name] and does it maybe contain 'special characters' like -' or something?
Maybe try and create a new user in Vista, login with the new user name and try to install?

xe5 -> RE: Installation Failure: Windows cannot find irsetup.exe (6/11/2011 4:38:29 PM)

Looks like the LSA setup application isnt unpacking all the necessary setup files into your \_ir_sf_temp_0 folder.
On my Vista SP2 machine, \_ir_sf_temp_0 contains:

[image]local://upfiles/31774/1F37548E340E45BB965A4EA33573A225.jpg[/image]

xe5 -> RE: Installation Failure: Windows cannot find irsetup.exe (6/11/2011 4:57:24 PM)

If it helps, here's a .zip of the setup files missing from your \_ir_sf_temp_0
You can try running the LSA setup app, then placing these files in \_ir_sf_temp_0 before clicking NEXT on the "Welcome" dialog.

SPSMain -> RE: Installation Failure: Windows cannot find irsetup.exe (6/11/2011 11:00:05 PM)

Thanks for the really rapid reponses, berndn, xe5. I had previously considered the possibility that my User name (being first and last name) could be disrupting it, and did create another short 'Test' user with admin rights. Still no luck there.

I regret that I also tried your advice to no avail, xe5. From the PC that worked and your .zip, I tried to place all the missing files into the \_ir_sf_temp_0 folder when it is created. But I can't even get to the setup window, just the warning straight after clicking the setup app. The only time I've gotten a welcome menu is when I've accessed the LSA autorun exe from the Program files I've copied from the working PC - but when I click play, it gets me with a serial number error (Error 200).

Despite the fact that the setup app creates and auto-deletes the irsetup.exe, Windows still can't find it. Clicking the irsetup.exe directly results in the same Windows error. I've just now tried to place the setup app inside \_ir_sf_temp_0 in vain hope of getting Windows to act, but still no joy. Something is stopping it, but no idea what.

The only option that may work is somehow going around the Indigo Rose setup software. Is there a way of copying the program files from the working PC to my laptop, and overcome there serial number issue? Or is there a whole lot of backstage work that can't be so easily copied...

Thanks so much for your time guys. [:)]

Update: I've just put exceptions on data execution prevention (DEP) on both irsetup.exe and the setup app. Again no success, same 'Windows cannot find...' error.

Edit: This is the error I get when I copy-paste the LSA folder from the working PC to my laptop and run the autorun.exe.

[image]local://upfiles/38658/9E3803DC09D74462B459375597C6476D.jpg[/image]

xe5 -> RE: Installation Failure: Windows cannot find irsetup.exe (6/12/2011 2:38:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SPSMain

The only option that may work is somehow going around the Indigo Rose setup software. Is there a way of copying the program files from the working PC to my laptop, and overcome there serial number issue? Or is there a whole lot of backstage work that can't be so easily copied...

Worth a shot. As far as 'backstage work' you'll also need to use Regedit to export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Matrix Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem, then copy that to your laptop and merge it into that registry.

Q.M -> RE: Installation Failure: Windows cannot find irsetup.exe (6/12/2011 7:11:27 AM)

quote:

SPSMain

I have made a report for you to Matrix.

Had a similar issue with Vista some time ago as well. For what it's worth it's nothing to do with your serial number but something to do with Vista IIRC.

RD_Oddball -> RE: Installation Failure: Windows cannot find irsetup.exe (6/14/2011 2:22:08 PM)

E-mail sent to folks who might be able to help with this.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Installation Failure: Windows cannot find irsetup.exe (6/14/2011 2:53:45 PM)

Hi SPSMain,

Are you installing this with a user account with administrator rights? Are you installing to the default path or to a different path? Do you have any third-party anti-virus or security software running during the installation?

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02