Official Game First Impressions thread! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront

diablo1 -> Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 7:00:09 PM)

Yay I get to start one. So, who's already downloaded it and what's your impression of the download speed and installation speed and stuff like that? [:)]

ComradeP -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 7:20:53 PM)

Those who have downloaded it at this point must have some awesome connection speed. I'm downloading at 330KB/sec, 37 minutes left. Currently reading the manual again whilst I'm wondering whether picking the 7th Panzer campaign will give me a core of Panzer 38(t)'s, considering that the division had no Panzer III's on June 22 as far as I know.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 7:25:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComradeP
Those who have downloaded it at this point must have some awesome connection speed. I'm downloading at 330KB/sec, 37 minutes left. Currently reading the manual again whilst I'm wondering whether picking the 7th Panzer campaign will give me a core of Panzer 38(t)'s, considering that the division had no Panzer III's on June 22 as far as I know.

That's correct. The 7th Panzer Campaign core force that starts the campaign in 1941 is as follows:

7 x Panzer 38t Medium Tank
5 x Panzer IIB Light Tank
3 x PanzerGrenadier Squad
3 x Opel Blitz Truck
2 x SdKfz 222 Armored Car

If you play the full long campaign through to August 1st, 1944, that can be over 90 battles and if you survive there are some very nice equipment upgrades along the way. The 7th Panzer Campaign is harder at the Historical level than the 1st Panzer Campaign.

Regards,

- Erik

jazman -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 8:01:37 PM)

I was pleasantly surprised that it's only $35. Especially after the WitP-AE and WitE mon$ter$ (which I did buy, but ouch!), this makes it so I can't afford not to buy it.

Jacko -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 8:29:29 PM)

313 KB/Sec. Approx. one hour left. [:)]

diablo1 -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 8:38:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacko

313 KB/Sec. Approx. one hour left. [:)]

Thank goodness they released it in the middle of the day just think what it's going to be like when the school kids get home and dad gets off work. [:)]

z1812 -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 8:52:33 PM)

Hi All,

Downloading now. 220kb/sec. Another 1.5 hours. As Diablo said; thank goodness they released it in the middle of the day.

Regards John

Jacko -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 9:03:05 PM)

Let them do their homework first. War is not for kids. [:D]

FNG -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 10:03:43 PM)

1st Panzer is rolling across the open steppes...

I'm really liking the grass - my infantry don't look nearly so vulnerable! Computation speeds seem better than PCK even with a larger map and more units. Massive kudos to all involved, especially those who have volunteered their time.

ComradeP -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 10:12:13 PM)

quote:

thank goodness they released it in the middle of the day.

~19:30 or so for me.

I'll start with the 7th Panzer campaign now. I enjoy a challenge. Hopefully, I won't run into many T-34's as the 37mm gun on the Panzer 38(t) is not going to cut it against any non-1930's model tank, not to mention its ~26mm armour being rather weak.

diablo1 -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 10:16:16 PM)

3hrs later it's finally downloaded an installed phew I'm tired. [:)] After the "Waltons" episodes I'll give it a go. Watching the Waltons is like going back in time to the good old days when life wasn't so fast and a radio was the big thing for home entertainment. [:)]

sfbaytf -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 10:28:37 PM)

Very interested to hear about this one. I haven't played any of the previous games in the series. I do like these sort of games. Spent hours playing Combat mission series and love the Shock Force series.

For some reason this series never interested me, but I may have to give in a buy as it looks pretty good.

Rick -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 10:41:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sfbaytf

Very interested to hear about this one. I haven't played any of the previous games in the series. I do like these sort of games. Spent hours playing Combat mission series and love the Shock Force series.

For some reason this series never interested me, but I may have to give in a buy as it looks pretty good.

I would recommend you give the demo a try then. it should give you a good idea of how the game plays and how well it performs on your system.

Thanks
rick

Mad Russian -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 10:43:29 PM)

This is closer to what you would remember CMx1 playing that it is CMx2. But it's not a clone and it has it's own personality. I think you'll find it both different and immersive if you give it much of a try.

Good Hunting.

MR

Lützow -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 10:49:25 PM)

I'm still on the fence. So someone post the flaws please. [:D]

That being said, from pure demo comparison it seems more immersive than CM:N.

henri51 -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 10:54:05 PM)

Dang, they released it on the same day as the Combat Mission Normandy demo!...[:'(]

Henri

diablo1 -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 11:11:45 PM)

I played the CM:BN demo while waiting on this to download and I just hated all that bocage. All I really saw was tracers going out of one bocage into another, plus I played it RT to see what all the hype was about and it felt like playing Company of Heroes or TOW and didn't feel like Combat Mission at all. All my tanks got destroyed because I was busying trying to assault and take a damn house with my infantry (this is why RT sucks). So, needless to say it didn't impressah me much.

Once I get used to this command system I'm pretty sure PC:O will be the cats meow. I already like the demo play (had to turn grass off but no biggie about that).

diablo1 -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 11:23:58 PM)

Well this ain't good. First random game I setup I get :"Panzer Command has stopped working" Windows will try to determine what caused the problem but never did.

Rick -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 11:40:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: diablo1

Well this ain't good. First random game I setup I get :"Panzer Command has stopped working" Windows will try to determine what caused the problem but never did.

You might look in the log file which is in the Log folder and see if anything is there.

Thanks
Rick

diablo1 -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 11:49:11 PM)

From futher testing it has something to do with trying to setup a random battle with 40:0 second default turns. I made up 3 diffenent ones and they all CTD, but, when I made a 60:0 one it worked as well as the regular player made scenario's work. But, 40:0 is not working in random battle setups.

From the Log: 5/12/2011 5:43:54 PM: Cannot load animation mesh: C:\GAMES\Panzer Command Ostfront\Data/Infantry/Russian Rifle 42/russian_regularrifle_02.x

In all 3 crashes that ^ is the common denominator.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 11:55:06 PM)

Thanks for narrowing it down, that 40:0 setup was added at the last minute and it sounds like there's an issue with it. We'll look at this for the first update.

I'm sorry that was your first experience, I hope it's smooth sailing from here on!

Regards,

- Erik

diablo1 -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 11:55:44 PM)

See my edits above Erik it looks like a file is in error instead.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 11:57:49 PM)

Thanks, we'll check it out.

Regards,

- Erik

Grell -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/12/2011 11:59:36 PM)

I think this game is a work of art. Wonderful job Matrix!

Regards,

Greg

diablo1 -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/13/2011 12:01:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Thanks, we'll check it out.

Regards,

- Erik

lol I can't help but ask.....Will there be a PATCH? hahahahaha sorry couldn't resist. [:)]

Mad Russian -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/13/2011 12:09:26 AM)

Yeah but it won't be 3 years on the making! [:D]

Good Hunting.

MR

JMass -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/13/2011 12:11:28 AM)

quote:

Will there be a PATCH? hahahahaha sorry couldn't resist. [:)]

Yes, for example it will contains my new PzKpfw IV G Late, H and J, and another model, maybe.

diablo1 -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/13/2011 12:19:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMass

quote:

Will there be a PATCH? hahahahaha sorry couldn't resist. [:)]

Yes, for example it will contains my new PzKpfw IV G Late, H and J, and another model, maybe.

Oh good I'll like that. Also, is somone doing the Nashorn? I think Mad said there's like stats for it but no model?

Mad Russian -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/13/2011 12:24:29 AM)

At the moment the stats are in the game for almost every vehicle that took part in the War in the East. Some of the models didn't get finished in time for the release. The Nashorn is one of those that didn't get finished but I know that there is work being done on one.

Now, when the modder's here get started on the game then we will see some more works of art.....because the modder's we have on the Development Team did wonders with the work they did on these vehicles already.....[&o] [&o] [&o]

Good Hunting.

MR

diablo1 -> RE: Official Game First Impressions thread! (5/13/2011 12:26:52 AM)

Oh btw didn't one of you mention doing a "Partisan female" awhile back? hrmmmm?

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.394531E-02