National Home Ports (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

TommyG -> National Home Ports (5/10/2011 8:37:59 PM)

Ships can be withdrawn from National Home Ports, in addition to many other named ports. What are the National Home Ports? Are they the Nations capitols, National league baseball cities, what?
Also, I keep reading that you can withdraw a ship from any map edge hex. Well, I can not do so. I have to send them to an off map base and wait two penalty filled weeks. What am I doing wrong?

Sredni -> RE: National Home Ports (5/10/2011 8:49:00 PM)

San Francisco
Vancouver
Karachi
Sydney
Wellington

Are the national home ports.

I've never tried to withdraw ships offmap, but not yet at a base so I dunno how it might work. I find it easier to just withdraw ships far in advance of their withdrawal date. Check the ships screen (S) and at the bottom of the window will be a button to show ships that are withdrawing within 90 days. I tend to check that once a month and start planning to withdraw anything on the list.

Also you can check the intelligence screen for ship withdrawals over the entire war. Sort by date and you can get a general idea what all you need to plan to withdraw over the next 6 months.

foliveti -> RE: National Home Ports (5/10/2011 9:58:52 PM)

I am playing with a beta patch and the withdrawal ports seem to be more extensive than that.  It seems like just about any major port will do.  I have withdrawn ships from Colombo, Melbourne, and Auckland I think.  Perhaps Bombay also. 

Smeulders -> RE: National Home Ports (5/10/2011 10:38:20 PM)

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/Unit_Withdrawal#Ships

• Restrictions on the location, withdrawal must be from either a
    • Level 9 port
    • The national home ports of Canada, USA, New Zealand, Austrlia and India
    • Level 7 or higher port on the Canadian or American West Coast
    • Level 7 or higher port East of and including Ceylon
    • Level 7 or higher port in South-East Australia + Perth
    • Level 7 or higher port in New Zealand
    • Any location off-map (even in TF out of port)
    • If on-map, then the enemy may not have air superiority

• Restrictions on ship damage if on-map, limited to
    • Max 99 damage combined
    • Max 50 damage in each category

crsutton -> RE: National Home Ports (5/10/2011 10:39:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: foliveti

I am playing with a beta patch and the withdrawal ports seem to be more extensive than that.  It seems like just about any major port will do.  I have withdrawn ships from Colombo, Melbourne, and Auckland I think.  Perhaps Bombay also. 

Yes, with the beta pretty much any level 9 port will do. I have removed ships from Bombay and a few other major ports. Any of course any off map base.

Sredni -> RE: National Home Ports (5/10/2011 11:10:28 PM)

The restrictions for withdrawals have been reduced in the past, there's a post on the first page here where I gave a list of rules regarding them and that info is old. I'll repeat it here I guess...

quote:

You can withdraw ships from some of the national home bases and any offmap port. You can withdraw a ship 30 days prior to the withdrawal date. and later. If you do not withdraw by the withdrawal date, the daily political point penalties start.

On map withdrawal locations are:
San Francisco
Vancouver
Karachi
Sydney
Wellington

Any ship of any allied nationality may withdraw from any of these ports. A ship may be withdrawn in a damaged state. Repairs will be completed offmap and the repair time will delay the return of the ship. That is, a ship that is due to return in 10 months but with damage that would take 2 months to repair will return fully repaired in 12 months.

When a ship scheduled for withdrawal is in a valid withdrawal port and is within 30 days of withdrawal (or later), a button will appear to accomplish withdrawal.

posted by: ckammp at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2522925

Ship Withdraw

A ship may withdraw from any off-map port or from any TF that is off-map.

On-map withdraw is allowed as follows:
- Any level 9 port.
- National home ports of United States/Canada/India/Australia/New Zealand, regardless of the port size.
- Any level 7 or larger port on the US or Canadian West Coast.
- Any level 7 or larger Indian port E of Ceylon (including Ceylon).
- Any level 7 or larger port in SE Australia, plus Perth.
- Any level 7 or larger port in New Zealand.
- No ship can be withdrawn from an on-map port where the enemy has air superiority.
- For on-map withdraw, a ship's total damage may not exceed 99 and no individual damage type (system, floatation, engine) may exceed 50.

This info is all old and these restrictions may have been further reduced in the past or with the latest beta. For instance you can withdraw a ship at any time ahead of it's scheduled withdrawal. Years ahead if you want, you don't need to wait till 30 days. I often withdraw ships like xAK's far in advance of their scheduled withdrawal if I happen to notice it can withdraw and I don't particularly need it where it is. Subs and warships I usually withdraw 30-60 days ahead of time.

I don't know if the bit about withdrawing offmap from a TF is accurate as I've never tried to do so. I have withdrawn all over the place on map at built up bases. Perth and Colombo in particular I use often for withdrawals after they're built up.

I don't know if you can withdraw heavily damaged ships (higher then 99 total damage or higher then 50 in a single type) offmap or not as again I've never had occasion to try it.

I don't think? the latest beta has changed anything in regards to withdrawals, but I havn't been paying all that much attention to it so I can't say for sure.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02