Formulas for adding new units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

TAIL_GUNNER -> Formulas for adding new units (4/23/2011 1:37:45 AM)

Curious the formulas you guys use to get the following:

ROF
ACC
Load Cost
Fuel Use
Ammo Use
Reliability
Build Cost

Armor ratings are in mm?

Thanks,
Chad

TAIL_GUNNER -> RE: Formulas for adding new units (1/28/2012 6:31:30 AM)

OK fine, how about just Build Cost and Ammo Use?[8D]

WilliePete -> RE: Formulas for adding new units (1/29/2012 1:55:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TAIL_GUNNER

Curious the formulas you guys use to get the following:

ROF
ACC
Load Cost
Fuel Use
Ammo Use
Reliability
Build Cost

Armor ratings are in mm?

Thanks,
Chad

Hi Chad,

I just wanted to say thanks for your mods, I like them and also know it takes a lot of time invested to make it happen. By the way, I asked about formulas around the time the game first came out for mod purposes, but never received an answer either. I was more curious about the armor ratings and what was the exact formula used. I always felt the armor ratings of the tanks were a little off, so I wanted to mod them. I also wanted to add new vehicles like the Panther II, ect.

After some tinkering, I'm pretty sure the formula they are using is armor in millimeters multiplied by the degree of slope. Here is an example: the Panther frontal armor is 80mm and sloped at 55 degrees, so you multiply 80 x .55 = 44 + 80 = 124. It must be something similiar to this, but there must be other things factored in as well, because my numbers come close, but never match exactly to the generic data in the game.

I hope this helps a little. Also let me know if/when you come across or figure out other formulas used in the game.

Thanks!
Will

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02