Game will not start (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support

stewart.bragg -> Game will not start (3/29/2011 5:23:43 PM)

Ok. Finally broke down and bought the expansion. Once installed it would not start.
The game Menu comes up and when I hit play in crashes. The game will not start. I did
a complete re-install and the game does it again. I have tried with and without patches
and it still does this. Can someone help please. The original game played without a hitch.

cookie monster -> RE: Game will not start (3/29/2011 6:00:53 PM)

I think the guys have said you must have Internet Explorer & Windows Media Player installed

But if DW worked then you probably have them

You did accept the .NET & Direct X on install also?

With other games I have had a corrupted download with Internet Explorer, the dowload worked with Firefox.

I would also contact the help desk under support and cross reference this thread

Data -> RE: Game will not start (3/29/2011 7:31:27 PM)

complete re-install might be tricky as a complete uninstall is not that complete....after uninstalling search for "CodeForce" and delete everything that you find, especially the config files kept in your profile under Documents and Settings. In my case for example they are here

D:\Documents and Settings\DBA\Application Data\Code Force Limited\...

Also, it just crashes or do you get a message along with the crash? In event viewer, in the application log, is there something recoreded at that time?
This was encountered before and a complete uninstall and install fixed it so we have to assume it will work here as well....in case it's the exact same thing.

stewart.bragg -> RE: Game will not start (3/29/2011 9:49:20 PM)

I get a message stating that Distant Worlds has stopped working.  I also use Revo Uninstaller to remove programs.  It finds all the leftovers and deletes them.
At a loss right now.

stewart.bragg -> RE: Game will not start (3/30/2011 7:38:19 AM)

You won't believe this but I went in and changed the compatibility to Xp Sp2 and it worked.  Been playing for a few hours without
a problem.  Thanks for trying guys.

Data -> RE: Game will not start (3/30/2011 7:45:59 AM)

Glad to hear you're ok now, have fun

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI