Best Results (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> The War Room

critter -> Best Results (2/21/2011 12:53:19 AM)

Which do you guys think gets the best results. Artillery bombard then bomb a hex, or vice versa?

Keunert -> RE: Best Results (2/21/2011 10:10:34 AM)

Artillery first i think. the airstrike result also depend on the type of units you use: heavier stuff in protective terrain and dive bombers in open terrain and vs. tanks.
maybe Vic or Barthheart can come up with some facts?

Barthheart -> RE: Best Results (2/21/2011 10:33:28 AM)

I'd say planes first:

1. Enemy in fortifications/forts: use level bombers to destroy the forts first. Then attack with artillery to further reduce the units entrenchment and readiness.

2. Enemy in urban/forest/light forest (basically any type of cover hex): again I use level bombers first to reduce the entrenchment level so that the arty can do more unit damage.

3. Enemy unit in the open: Dive bombers are great here against all type of units. Again planes first the reduce entrenchment the arty for damage.

And remember that airstikes are only anbout 50% effective in rainy weather.

critter -> RE: Best Results (11/22/2011 2:13:29 AM)

In Op Sealion. Is it worth it to directly invade an English occuppied port?
I know you take extra losses but are they worth it to occupy a port on turn 1? It seems automatic.

Besides the obvious 5 points is there really a big difference in a 70% HQ rating and a 65%?
Between having a Div or units attached to an Army HQ and a Corps HQ?

Been playing on the more challenging levels. Trying to get ready for PBEM.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02