General Mayor Ivan Ivanovich Kopets (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

amatteucci -> General Mayor Ivan Ivanovich Kopets (12/18/2010 7:11:52 PM)

I was watching the movie "The battle for Moscow" (it actually covers all of Barbarossa) and arrived to the sad scene of the suicide of General Kopets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itb6-LgNuXE

Now, in my recently aborted CG I ended up with two commanders shot and the poor Kopets was one of them (I presume his very low political rating is there to reproduce his unfortunate fate) and I noticed that, in the game, he is in command of the Long Range Air Command while I'm positive that he was in command of the Western Air Command.

Am I missing something, or this qualifies as an OoB erratum to be addressed in the next patch?

Pford -> RE: General Mayor Ivan Ivanovich Kopets (12/18/2010 7:14:46 PM)

quote:

I noticed that, in the game, he is in command of the Long Range Air Command while I'm positive that he was in command of the Western Air Command.

I demand my money back![:@]

Helpless -> RE: General Mayor Ivan Ivanovich Kopets (12/18/2010 8:11:44 PM)

Historically Long Range aviation was formed in March 1942 and all Long Range Corps were reporting directly to RGVK (or STAVKA), but this kind of attachments are not supported by the engine, so therefore Long Range Aviation HQ is in the game from day 1 of the war. Now, since there was a "shortage" of air commanders, Kopets ended up in the LL. Later we added more, but forgot to get him back. I agree this is not correct.

amatteucci -> RE: General Mayor Ivan Ivanovich Kopets (12/18/2010 8:51:58 PM)

Pavel,
thank you for your explaination, now I understand why Kopets ended in the ADD. I appreciate that you all of the development team always listen carefully to what we players say and promptly answer. [:)]

BTW, I'd like say that if I point out some minor inaccuracies I think I've found in the game, it's not because I dislike it. On the contrary, I love WitE and I am amazed by the scope and the depth this game has. [&o]

Paul Roberts -> RE: General Mayor Ivan Ivanovich Kopets (12/18/2010 9:41:43 PM)

But does he kill himself with the correct hand??

Helpless -> RE: General Mayor Ivan Ivanovich Kopets (12/18/2010 9:52:51 PM)

quote:

Pavel,
thank you for your explaination, now I understand why Kopets ended in the ADD. I appreciate that you all of the development team always listen carefully to what we players say and promptly answer.

BTW, I'd like say that if I point out some minor inaccuracies I think I've found in the game, it's not because I dislike it. On the contrary, I love WitE and I am amazed by the scope and the depth this game has.

Amatteucci, your reports are more then welcomed :)

quote:

But does he kill himself with the correct hand??

Yes, he committed suicide in June 1941.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.403809E-02