War In The East (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

torrone -> War In The East (12/14/2010 9:35:35 PM)

I have purchased many Matrix games and many Gary Grigsby games. I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I had interest in purchasing the new Grigsby game, War In The East. I was nearly floored when I saw the price. $79.99 for the download and $89.99 for the boxed version(with download included). Are you kidding me? Nearly $90! I can't imagine any but the most dedicated Grigsby fans doling out that kind of money for a computer game, no matter how good. I'd be interested in seeing how many copies of this game they are able to sell.

warspite1 -> RE: War In The East (12/14/2010 9:42:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: torrone

I have purchased many Matrix games and many Gary Grigsby games. I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I had interest in purchasing the new Grigsby game, War In The East. I was nearly floored when I saw the price. $79.99 for the download and $89.99 for the boxed version(with download included). Are you kidding me? Nearly $90! I can't imagine any but the most dedicated Grigsby fans doling out that kind of money for a computer game, no matter how good. I'd be interested in seeing how many copies of this game they are able to sell.

Warspite1

From the busy nature of the WITE forum, my guess is that the game is HUGELY popular and has sold incredibly well - and rightly so IMO. I am in no way close to getting to grips with it - but no matter - the maps, the counters just draw you in to the complexity underneath. For those that get into it, I suspect the price will be miniscule on a "bang for buck" basis.

Speedy -> RE: War In The East (12/14/2010 9:50:34 PM)

They've already sold out of the first batch of boxed versions with manuals etc (more on the way soon) so I would say it's sold very well. Not surprising really since it's a fantastic game, very well made, detailed but easy enough to get into. Very playable, challenging and the ultimate simulation for War in Russia....of course I'm biaised since I've got it and like it a lot.

Lützow -> RE: War In The East (12/14/2010 9:52:05 PM)

Well, the physical copy is already on back order, since Matrix temporarily ran out of manuals.

So I take it that almost nobody was willing to shell out the money.[8|]

Erik Rutins -> RE: War In The East (12/14/2010 10:59:50 PM)

Torrone,

This is exactly the same price as War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition and it's also the same price that War in Russia originally sold for back in the 1980s on two floppy disks and with a much thinner manual. I'm guessing your expectations are based on the mainstream game market, rather than the hard-core wargame market, which is a niche and can't exist based on mainstream retail price models.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins -> RE: War In The East (12/14/2010 11:02:15 PM)

The War in the East price thread is here, FYI:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2629351&mpage=8

Feel free to post comments there, locking this one up.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02