JeffK -> RE: Official Downfall Scenario Erratta (7/11/2011 8:27:24 AM)
No so much eratta but a few different thoughts. Andy has done a great job, but all of us have differing ideas.
If the war was going the way postulated in setting up the scenario, some different actions may have been taken.
So off to the editor.
1) All USA Tank Bns get M4 Shermans ( and M26 Pershing if you want) Any M5 Stuarts are replaced by M24 Chaffee
2) All USA units get 57mm AT to replace the 37mm, I left some RCT with the 37mm.
3) All USA & USMC AAA gets upgraded, 20mm Oerliken replaces 50cal, 40mm Bofors replaces 37mm AAA and 90mm replaces 75mm or 3"
I swap between the 2 90mm types to provide a mix of guns.
4) The Australian Armd Bde gets Sherman MkV and the Armd Bns get Churchill VIII, these were trialled on Bouganville. Any 2pdr AT are replaced by 6 pdr.
5) All British/Indian/Australian units have 20mm Oerliken/40mm Bofors/3.7" AAA
6) I upgun the F8F Bearcat with 4 x 20mm HS406, who would put out a fighter with 4 x 50cals at this point!!
7) Front left field, I add the Grumman P-65 in small numbers, the Army version of the F7F Tigercat, just for fun.
8) I rename the RAAF P-51D as the CA-18 Mustang, chrome, chrome, chrome.
9) 5 Sqn RAAF gets the Mosquito FB40 instead of the Vengeance I.
10) 2 NZ Division was a "Mixed Division, 2 Inf Bdes and 1 Armd Bde, game has it as a standard Inf Div. I know in Italy it "grew" another Inf Bde but this was an ad hoc organization
10) maybe a bug, 3 Dutch air units start/arrive, I'll give them B25 & P51D instead of their 1941 aircraft.
These are chrome and add 0.0001% to the game.
More serious, IMHO, are:
Allied Experience and Morale are woeful, and the IJAAF & IJNAF are pretty good.
11) I gave all Allied squadrons experience & morale in a 65-80 range (The editor does it for you)
12) I gave all IJAAF & IJNAF squadrons experience & morale in a 20-80 range.
IMHO, his more accurately portrays the opposing Air Forces. The JFB should expect to be shot out of the sky, but occasional units have 'experten'.
I did the same for land units, but am thinking that maybe the ex ETO units should be a bit lower due to lack of experience in the PTO.
Does anyone else have ideas of other shiny bits to add to the game?