Air Units - finding (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris

jreid -> Air Units - finding (9/26/2010 10:01:24 PM)

Hi, just bought the game and it looks very good!

Is there a way to quickly find air units? I'd like to do some recon at the beginning of every turn and I have to search around the whole map to find the air units. I've tried using the OOB, but it's a bit tough. I'm playing Case White, and the Poles have many units under the top HQ, so it's tough to find the air units.

If not, a new button or hotkey that highlights air units would be very helpful. A hotkey for artillery would also be useful. Engineers too, basically any unit with a special ability (e.g. airstrike, recon, artillery strike, build/blow bridge, etc.).

Also, I'd love to see the new concepts in the game (eg. air and artillery stacking points to stop repeated air/artillery attacks on the same hex during a turn, etc.) used in the next version of Advanced Tactics - love the random games :).

Thanks

strategicu -> RE: Air Units - finding (9/26/2010 10:06:38 PM)

You are right. Good ideas

Borsook -> RE: Air Units - finding (9/26/2010 10:09:14 PM)

Also I posted another idea to solve this problem here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2585294 - basically making recon like bombing, click on the target and choose air unit from the list.

hafer -> RE: Air Units - finding (9/26/2010 10:11:14 PM)

i would be nice to highlight HQs, too. [;)]

Chris H -> RE: Air Units - finding (10/7/2010 1:16:46 PM)

I've just found out that if you double click on a unit in the OOB it will select the hex it is in and attempt to centre the map on it (depends on how close to the edge the unit is and map zoom). 

You can also use the OOB to find which, if any air units you have not used in a turn.  Those with few APs have their name and symbol a very pale grey (greyed out) varying to to almo white for unsed, just like the main map.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI