Base shows docked ships where there aren't (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Arnhem -> Base shows docked ships where there aren't (8/25/2010 12:48:10 PM)

It's not a showstopper but it does slow my supply convoy turnaround times by quite a fair bit. Anyone encounter this one before?

[image]local://upfiles/14714/76C8176CF2A94CE5B4CAB9C9F6B5E4E3.jpg[/image]

awadley -> RE: Base shows docked ships where there aren't (8/25/2010 2:06:51 PM)

yes,  if you have any ships that are undergoing upgrade or conversiion they will not showup.  Click on "ships at anchor" and look at "Manage ships" at bottom of page.  Also, look at "ships under repair". 

Charbroiled -> RE: Base shows docked ships where there aren't (8/25/2010 2:29:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: awadley

yes,  if you have any ships that are undergoing upgrade or conversiion they will not showup.  Click on "ships at anchor" and look at "Manage ships" at bottom of page.  Also, look at "ships under repair". 

His complaint is that he has no TFs created, but it is showing 50,715 tons of shipping is docked at the port....shouldn't have anything to do with ships under repair.

michaelm -> RE: Base shows docked ships where there aren't (8/25/2010 3:19:41 PM)

Suggest adding a save to review.

Arnhem -> RE: Base shows docked ships where there aren't (8/25/2010 11:37:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Suggest adding a save to review.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply, it's a PBEM game, sent you the pw.

michaelm -> RE: Base shows docked ships where there aren't (8/26/2010 10:51:05 AM)

TF 121 is unloading at Cape Town if you look at the off-map TF list.
But it reckons that it is docked at Abadan.

Problem is when did it go wrong????

To fix this problem, just un-dock the TF121 in Cape Town.

Arnhem -> RE: Base shows docked ships where there aren't (8/26/2010 11:18:48 AM)

Would you like the previous turns to sniff out how the bug was caused? I can send you as many turns as you need.

michaelm -> RE: Base shows docked ships where there aren't (8/26/2010 11:29:20 AM)

That would be helpful.
Probably starting with one just before the TF121 reaches the Cape Town hex, or before you notice the TF121 says that it is docked at Abadan.

Probably be best to send to my email account michaelm75 @ hotmail.com rather than tax the Matrix server.

michaelm -> RE: Base shows docked ships where there aren't (8/27/2010 2:58:39 PM)

Finally, I seem to track this down.

The root cause of the problem is that there is no direct connection between the Cape Town and Abadan zones until 14/5/43 (as shown on the map). The code didn't know what to do in this case - which is why it kept flicking the TF between the two bases.
I added a simple check that if the 2 zones are not connected, then treat the second zone as the main map entry hex.
Once the TF arrives, it should then decide to use the map to Abadan zone (just like if going from Karachi to Abadan).

Thanks Arnhem

michaelm -> RE: Base shows docked ships where there aren't (8/28/2010 1:00:05 AM)

As a workaround:
If you wish to go to Aden or Abadan from another off-map box that goes through the 'dotted' connection before 43/5/14 (Mediterranean opens), then it would be best to set the destination to be an entry hex.
And then once on the map set the destination to Aden or Abadan.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI