WiFME Ordered!!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

SLAAKMAN -> WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/24/2010 4:32:18 AM)

LET THE GLORY BEGIN!!
[image]http://www.gdg.de/ME_desc_2006-Dateien/image001.gif[/image]
quote:

WiF Master Edition
Description
Australian Design Group is pleased to announce our latest project, World in Flames - The Master Edition, the definitive boardgame of World War II.

Since 1999 Rόdiger Rinscheidt has been working on the Master Edition’s design and development. It is a complete conflict simulation about the Second World War for 2-5 players on divisional scale. This boardgame does not replace World in Flames - The Final Edition but supplements it in fine detail for the afficionado of World War II history.

While based on Australian Design Group's award winning game World in Flames, the Master edition has many new features including:

• monthly turns;

• divisional scale;

• reserve movement;

• crack units for every major power (like Guard Banner Armies);

• complete new land combat system including battle points (like surprise points within naval battles), simultaneous attack/defence dice rolls and reserve movement after combat (both attacker and defender) and much much more.

WiF Master edition is a complete boxed game that comes in two versions, the standard game played using the 5 World in Flames maps (i.e. can be played within the same space as the current game) and the deluxe version which includes 6 large maps (and the US minimap) providing far greater scope for sweeping operational manoeuvres across the globe.

The rules are the same length as the current rule set and you can download the draft version at www.gdg.de.

WiF Master Edition Contents

• 6 large (1168mm x 820mm) maps

• 1 US minimap (410mm x 287mm)

• 4800 full colour counters

• 1 Rules book

• 1 Scenarios book

• 2 Combat Charts

• 2 x 10-sided dice

The full (6 large map & US mini-map) WiF Master Edition is an ADG 1000 project. It is fully designed and ready for printing and will be produced when we receive a thousand advance orders. Your order now will not be processed until that milestone is reached when the game will be printed and then sent directly to you all included in the special advance order price. WiF Master Edition will retail for Australian$249 (US$225) but if you order now you receive a 20% discount for a low low price of only Australian$199 (US$180) including shipping.

Note that the components displayed are the playtest versions only, the full colour final versions will be produced when we get close to the thousand pre-order target.

Price: $180.00 US, $199.00 AU

Also grabbed these for spice; [:D]
quote:

Khaki in Flames
Description
Are you finding those pesky blue Commonwealth counters getting harder to read as you mature? I sure have, I'm mad as heck and not going to take it anymore. So to save all our last glimmering vision ADG are pleased to announce Khaki in Flames ADG's newest World in Flames kit including all the Commonwealth counters from every World in Flames game and kit ever produced (e.g. WiF, America in Flames, Patton in Flames, Planes in Flames, Ships in Flames etc) in pleasing to the eye Khaki colour so at last you will stop confusing the Ark Royal with the Royal Oak, and the Typhoon with the Gladiator.

Note: Khaki in Flames is not a complete game. It requires World in Flames the final edition (Classic or Deluxe) in order to be played.

Contents

• 1200 full colour Commonwealth counters

• 1 WiF Combat Chart

Khaki in Flames is an ADG 1000 project. It is fully designed and ready for printing and will be produced when we receive a thousand advance orders. Your order now will not be processed until that milestone is reached when the game will be printed and then sent directly to you all included in the special advance order price. Khaki in Flames will retail for Australian$69 (US$62) but if you order now you receive a 20% discount for a low low price of only Australian$55 (US$49) including shipping.

Price: $49.00 US, $55.00 AU

[image]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1087/khakiwif.jpg[/image]

quote:

CoiF/CliF
Description
CoiF/CliF provides you with both Convoys in Flames and Cruisers in Flames all for the one low price. It includes 800 counters (CS 36, 2 x CS 37 & CS 38, rules and charts) and is available now.

Price: $55.00 US, $69.00 AU

I RULE!!!!! [:'(][sm=sterb032.gif]

vonpaul -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/24/2010 5:06:53 AM)

Haha, yes u do rule. That is too big for me but i ordered wifblitz :)

Josh -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/24/2010 4:52:02 PM)

Well congrats!

6.000 counters or so.... [X(]
say you got any pets? Cats? [;)]

SLAAKMAN -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/24/2010 6:23:44 PM)

Thanks Kameraden. No critters in the house unless you could classify a rambunctious teenage daughter as a pet. We'll be setting up the WiFFE campaign at the Naval Postgraduate School so unless squid & sealions can enter the buildings I wont have to worry about sabotage. [:'(] [X(]

warspite1 -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/24/2010 6:51:53 PM)

Slaakman - without wishing to rain on your parade, I think you may have a bit of a wait for these items I'm afraid. A few weeks back I checked on the status of these and how near they were to the all important 1,000 mark. The most advanced was WIF Blitz but even that was not expected to be ready for 6 - 9 months [&:].

Hopefully, orders will start picking up and push the total toward the vital benchmark quicker, but I think its going to be a while...

SLAAKMAN -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/24/2010 7:09:07 PM)

quote:

Slaakman - without wishing to rain on your parade, I think you may have a bit of a wait for these items I'm afraid. A few weeks back I checked on the status of these and how near they were to the all important 1,000 mark. The most advanced was WIF Blitz but even that was not expected to be ready for 6 - 9 months .

Hopefully, orders will start picking up and push the total toward the vital benchmark quicker, but I think its going to be a while...

You might be right about the long delay but since Ive been saving up for this day for several years I will mark it down as a historical landmark (after kids appear on the Order of Battle one doesnt get to buy many toys for oneself). WiFME is truly an exquisite work of art and an objective that must be secured at almost any cost!! [:'(] [:D]

warspite1 -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/24/2010 7:21:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

quote:

Slaakman - without wishing to rain on your parade, I think you may have a bit of a wait for these items I'm afraid. A few weeks back I checked on the status of these and how near they were to the all important 1,000 mark. The most advanced was WIF Blitz but even that was not expected to be ready for 6 - 9 months .

WiFME is truly an exquisite work of art and an objective that must be secured at almost any cost!! [:'(] [:D]

Warspite1

Indeed [;)] - lets hope its as good as it looks.

allsop -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/27/2010 12:45:23 AM)

I'm curious about the map for wif master. Has anyone seen it or can point me to some images?

brian brian -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/27/2010 2:13:28 AM)

as crazy as it sounds I believe Master Edition just uses the same maps, so you might want to tighten up your tweezer skills. although they are also printing some new maps, everything is the same graphics wise except each hex is a bit larger across, big enough to accommodate two stacks of counters, I think. This does result in the set of WiF maps occupying five main maps rather than four. all of this is from a long-ago reading of the German website. I look forward to seeing this thing on a table-top, that's for sure!

warspite1 -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/27/2010 6:25:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: brian brian

as crazy as it sounds I believe Master Edition just uses the same maps, so you might want to tighten up your tweezer skills. although they are also printing some new maps, everything is the same graphics wise except each hex is a bit larger across, big enough to accommodate two stacks of counters, I think. This does result in the set of WiF maps occupying five main maps rather than four. all of this is from a long-ago reading of the German website. I look forward to seeing this thing on a table-top, that's for sure!

Warspite1

That's a shame - I really dislike those final edition maps and was hoping they would be amended...oh well [:(]

micheljq -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/27/2010 2:03:03 PM)

I thought WIFMaster would come with new maps, this is a big disappointment for me. I believe it should at least come with Asian/Pacific maps with the same scale as the European maps. The European maps can remain the same but I did never like the scale on the Asian/Pacific maps on the actual board game.

Edit : 2010-07-28 (MD) Looks like one version of WiFMaster has 6 large maps after all sorry.

SLAAKMAN -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/28/2010 1:02:26 AM)

Here is German Design Groups site;
http://www.gdg.de/
http://www.gdg.de/ME_desc_2006.html
quote:

The game contains 4800 counters, 6 standard maps, a CD with all the rules and charts (including 5 player sheets, two combat charts, one US Entry & Action chart, one rules/scenario booklet) and 2 dice.

http://www.a-d-g.com.au/

SirWhiskers -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/28/2010 1:14:26 AM)

Per the ADG site:

WiF Master edition is a complete boxed game that comes in two versions, the standard game played using the 5 World in Flames maps (i.e. can be played within the same space as the current game) and the deluxe version which includes 6 large maps (and the US minimap) providing far greater scope for sweeping operational manoeuvres across the globe.

WiF Master Edition Contents

• 6 large (1168mm x 820mm) maps
• 1 US minimap (410mm x 287mm)
• 4800 full colour counters
• 1 Rules book
• 1 Scenarios book
• 2 Combat Charts
• 2 x 10-sided dice

I read this as WIFME contains the six large maps, but you can play it with your own set of WIFFE maps, if you want.

SLAAKMAN -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/28/2010 1:38:21 AM)

Thanks for that clarification SirWhiskers. I'll take both versions, fries, burger & a works pizza with everything on it. [:D]

jomni -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/28/2010 2:10:29 AM)

They should stop making more board games and finish this computer game once and for all. [:D]
Games of this scale are more playable in the computer.

paulderynck -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/28/2010 3:44:47 AM)

"They" being precisely whom, exactly?

brian brian -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/28/2010 4:01:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

Thanks for that clarification SirWhiskers. I'll take both versions, fries, burger & a works pizza with everything on it. [:D]

don't forget the multitudes of fine beverage in 12 oz brown bottles! it's a requirement in the rules I think. I can't wait to get the new dice myself. Whenever I have a really, really critical attack to make in World in Flames, I reach for a 12 oz bottle and the two white dice that came in the cardboard box all the way from Australia and I blitz on to victory every time. One can only imagine how powerful German designed dice might be when combined with German beverages...

JonBrave -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/29/2010 9:35:21 PM)

Would it delay the release of MWiF much to have a variant for all these WiFME rules, maps, counters etc.? Sounds like it could be just "plugged in".

michaelbaldur -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/29/2010 10:11:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JonBrave

Would it delay the release of MWiF much to have a variant for all these WiFME rules, maps, counters etc.? Sounds like it could be just "plugged in".

there will be no more changes to Mwif now.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/29/2010 10:12:05 PM)

quote:

That was a joke, right?[:)]

Adding, subtracting, and modifying the counters isn't too hard, provided there are no new unit types.

Changing the map is extremely hard, unless you are making minor cosmetic changes.

Changing the rules is insanely hard. Even the simplest rule has a dozen or more interactions. More complex rules can require a new form and modifications to other forms. The worst ones require messing with the player interface.

For example, the new submarine types for Convoys in Flames have all been added to MWIF. That includes adding them to the counter mix and setup instructions for each of the 11 scenarios. I've also done the counter type depictions, and the rules for building these units. What I haven't done yet is to code the unique characteristics of those counters for game play. If you look at the Convoy In Flames rules, you'll see that there is the ability to have some submarines stay at sea indefinitiely and serve as 'refueling' stations for other submarines. There is also a new subphase for naval combat: a pre-attack subphase for ASW units. None of the stuff left to be coded can be done quickly - and has to be done very carefully since there are so many interactions with other rules.
---
In general, any of the new stuff generated by ADG I put into the category of: perhaps for MWIF product #2, but not for MWIF product #1.

SLAAKMAN -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/29/2010 10:40:25 PM)

brian brian
quote:

don't forget the multitudes of fine beverage in 12 oz brown bottles! it's a requirement in the rules I think. I can't wait to get the new dice myself. Whenever I have a really, really critical attack to make in World in Flames, I reach for a 12 oz bottle and the two white dice that came in the cardboard box all the way from Australia and I blitz on to victory every time. One can only imagine how powerful German designed dice might be when combined with German beverages...

Many a dupe has wandered onto my pet maps while intoxicated only to be astonishingly annihilated!! Let the Glory Resume! [X(][:'(]

JonBrave
quote:

Perhaps there will be patches in the future. In the meantime WiFFE & WiFME boardgame versions and Vassal-WiF are more than enough to satisfy even the heartiest appetites! [:D]

Shannon V. OKeets
quote:

That was a joke, right?

Adding, subtracting, and modifying the counters isn't too hard, provided there are no new unit types.

The race is on. The day is approaching when ADG's WiF Division will be firmly in my grasp. I will have the power to twist & turn & tweak this epic masterpiece into its ultimate radiance!! CHAAAAAARGE!!! [image]http://maddogdrivethru.net/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif[/image] [sm=00000280.gif]

vonpaul -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/29/2010 11:39:33 PM)

The next person to suggest something added to mwif will be imprisoned in a small room listening coca cobana on a permanent loop :p

Seriously give the length of delay in this release I'd be in favor of removing any fat from the existing scope eg convoy inflames?

JonBrave -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/29/2010 11:41:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

OK, perhaps not for new rules. But the rest sound like a bunch of DATA statements.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/30/2010 12:00:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonpaul

The next person to suggest something added to mwif will be imprisoned in a small room listening coca cobana on a permanent loop :p

Seriously give the length of delay in this release I'd be in favor of removing any fat from the existing scope eg convoy inflames?

I lost that argument before I signed my contract with Matrix.[:(]

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/30/2010 12:23:33 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

OK, perhaps not for new rules. But the rest sound like a bunch of DATA statements.

Not really.

The module for SetupData is over 5800 lines long. About half of that is data statements, like the following for the smallest scenario:
// ****************************************************************************
// First scenario.
// ****************************************************************************
      scBarbarossa:
      begin
        case MCIndex of
          mcUSSR:          // Barbarossa.
          begin
            AddGroupSimple(lEurope, ['HQ Timoshenko', 'HQ Yeremenko', 'AR 3',
              'ME 3', 'MO 3', 'IN 9', 'GA 6', 'CA 2', 'MT 1', 'OF 1', '[Div]',
              'AT 5', 'EN 1', 'SK 1', 'IN 2', 'ME 1', 'F2 4/4', 'L2 1/1',
              'L3 3/1', 'L4 1/1', 'SU 2', 'CN 2', 'CN 1', 'CN 1', 'NT 1',
              'PI 9', 'OI 3']);

AddGroupPorts('Baltic Sea', ['CS Marat',
              'CS Oktyabr''skaya Revolutsiya', 'CS Kirov', 'CS Maxim Gorkiy']);

AddGroupPorts('Black Sea', ['CS Parizhskaya Kommuna',
              'CS Molotov', 'CS Krasnyi Kavkaz', 'CS Voroshilov',
              'CL Chervona Ukraina', 'CL Comintern', 'CL Krasni Krym']);

AddGroupConstructionPool(['CS Chapayev', 'CS Frunze',
              'CS Kuibyshev', 'CS Zhelezniakov', 'SU 1']);

AddGroupProduction(tJulAug, 1941, False, ['HQ Zhukov', 'MO 1',
              'IN 2', 'FT 1', '[Div]', 'CA 1']);

AddGroupProduction(tSepOct, 1941, False, ['MO 1', 'FT 1']);

AddGroupProduction(tNovDec, 1941, False, ['PA 1', 'FT 1',
              '[Siberia]', 'IN 3']);
          end;

mcGermany:       // Barbarossa.
          begin
            AddGroupCountry(['Poland', 'East Prussia'],
              ['HQ Rundstedt', 'HQ von Bock', 'HQ von Leeb', 'AR 4', 'ME 4',
              'MO 3', 'IN 11', 'MT 1', 'OF 1', '[Div]', 'AT 4', 'IN 2', 'AR 1',
              'ME 1', 'F2 5/3', 'L2 3/2', 'L3 4/2', 'N3 1', 'PI 13']);

AddGroupCountry(['Germany', 'Austria', 'NOT East Prussia'],
              ['IN 1', 'MI 3', '[Div]', 'AT 1', 'EN 1', 'F3 1/1', 'N4 1',
              'PI 2', 'OI 4', '[German SS]', '[Corps]', 'IN 1']);

AddGroupCountry(['Rumania'], ['IN 2', 'CN 1', 'PI 1', '[Div]',
              'AT 1', 'MT 1', '[Corps]', '[Rumania]', 'HQ Antonescu',
              'IN 2', 'MI 2', 'CA 1', 'MT 1', 'L2 1',
              'CS Destroyer Flotilla']);

AddGroupPorts('Baltic Sea', ['CS Schlesien', 'CS Admiral Hipper',
              'CS Schleswig-Holstein', 'CS Tirpitz', 'CL Emden', 'NT 1', 'SU 1',
              'CN 10']);

AddGroupProduction(tJulAug, 1941, False, ['IN 1', 'PA 1', 'L3 1',
              'A3 1', 'PI 1', '[Italy]', 'IN 1', '[Rumania]', 'MO 1']);

AddGroupProduction(tSepOct, 1941, False, ['AR 1', 'SY 1',
              '[German SS]', 'ME 1']);
          end;
        end;
      end;

But the rest of that file parses those statements and translates them into lists of units to be set up in a separate locations. The entire setup process is very complex, including lend lease air units, scrapping units, and branching logic based on which optional rules are being used. Then there is the player interface for placing units on the map and rearranging them if you change your mind.

I agree that creating new units is purely data (and can be done by players using a spreadsheet program, or even a simple text editor). But using those units can be problematic. For example, the Flyouts as currently designed shows up to 9 units in a hex at a glance. You need to click on the form to see more than that. So if the stacking for a hex goes up a lot, reviewing the land and air units on the map by passing the cursor over each hex in the front line might not work so well.

warspite1 -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/30/2010 6:35:44 AM)

quote:

Warspite1

[:D][:)]

JonBrave -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (7/30/2010 10:12:37 PM)

Hi Steve. That is quite some DATA statement [:)] My comments were indeed meant tongue-in-cheek.

Joseignacio -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (8/16/2010 8:45:41 AM)

quote:

[:D][:D][:D]

CopaCabana

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

ItBurns -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (8/18/2010 4:34:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

quote:

[:D][:D][:D]

CopaCabana

[sm=fighting0056.gif]

But I like Barry Manilow[:D]

Any way, does anyone have a rough count of the number of orders that have been made? [&:] I've orders in on the mega WiF, the micro WiF and the latest WWI WiF.

SLAAKMAN -> RE: WiFME Ordered!!!! (8/24/2010 4:40:28 PM)

Another Glorious tidbit ordered & received!!;
quote:

WiF 98 Annual (incl. LiF)
Description
Australian Design Group's 1998 World in Flames Annual gives you all the strategy tips you need to play World in Flames final as an expert.

Its highlight is Leaders in Flames, a 140 counter optional add on to World in Flames that provides every major character of World War II.

Now you can finally see why Guderian and Rommel were so superb at tank warfare, why Cunningham was an admiral par excellence and how damaging Spaatz and Harris could be in the air.

Price: $39.00 US, $49.00 AU

I RULE!!!! [:'(]

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI