Igard -> [REL 0.9.2] Star Trek - The Picard Era (6/16/2010 7:24:15 AM)
Version - 0.9.2 Summary
Races - 23 (No Borg Yet I'm sorry to say)
Shipsets - 13 (some races use a generic set). The final set is an optional 'extra' set. See below for instructions.
Characters - 244 images, around 1200 characters (some share a generic image)
Troop images - 11
Dialogue - 12 races have their own unique dialogue
Flagshapes - 9 all major races have their own flags and colour schemes
Music - 27 tracks from Star Trek The Next Generation's first 3 seasons
System names - Currently 578 Star Trek system names
Race files- Complete. May require tweaking, please report any issues
Bias settings - Complete. May require tweaking, please report any issues
Policy files - Complete. May require tweaking, please report any issues
Victory conditions - Complete. Please report any issues
Race Event types - Mostly complete. May require tweaking, please report any issues
Updates for 0.9.2 :-
Completed Tamarian dialogue
Completed resource bonuses
Completed victory conditions
Fixed text for system Epsilon Bootis
Fixed the Dominion having too many governors at start
Slightly tweaked Dominion income bonus (may require more)
Completed ship design policies for 10 of the races
Optional Total Conversion Summary
Gametext file - Minor alterations made. Hyper has been replaced with Warp. Silvermist has been replaced with Crystalline Entity
Resource names - Many Star Trek resources added with galacopedia entries
Sound effects - Most replaced with fulgaris mod. Ion sounds replaced with Star Trek sounds. Explosions and lightning noises reduced. Music events replaced with Star Trek music
Creatures - Silvermist graphics replaced with Crystalline Entity graphics
UI - Message alerts replaced. May require tweaking
Planets - Incomplete. Many planets replaced with more variety. Cloud overlays complete
Weapons - Incomplete. Most weapon images replaced with Star Trek weapons
Shields - ConflictX shield effect used. Planetary shield transparency increased
Character titles - Fleet Admiral replaced with Flag officer. Troop General replaced with Ground CO.
Resources - Many Star Trek resources added with galacopedia entries
Link - The Picard Era v0.9.2
Installation of the Picard Era Mod:-
2. Copy the folder 'Star Trek Picard Era' to Matrix Games/Distant Worlds/Customization/
3. Run the game and select 'Change Theme' from the main menu then select the Star Trek mod and click 'Switch Theme'
4. Before starting a new game, make sure to deselect 'Enable Return of the Shakturi story Events' from the game setup screen, like so:-
Optional Total Conversion mod version 1.0.2
**This is an optional mod that brings more 'Trek' features to Distant Worlds. However this mod requires that you replace some original game files. Make backups of your original files for when you want to undo these changes.**
**This mod is not required to run the Picard Era mod.**
Link - Total Conversion Mod v1.0.2
Installation of the Total Conversion mod:-
1. Make a backup of all the files to be replaced. I recommend backing up your entire images and sounds folder. Don't forget the gametext.txt file as well.
2. Unzip the contents of the Picard Era Total Conversion zip file. This should be a folder called, 'Distant Worlds'
3. Copy 'Distant Worlds' to your 'Matrix Games' folder usually located :- C:\Matrix Games\
How to use the 'Extra' Shipset :-
This shipset is not used by any one race in the game. It's purpose is simply to provide extra ship images for any additional ship designs the player may need. So the player can now have 2 frigate designs etc.
- From the Design Screen, click 'Copy as new' or 'Add New'.
- Name your new design.
- Click on the ship image combo box. Scroll to the bottom and look for a suitable ship image. There are several images here from different races. There are more ship images for Federation designs than any other race.
- Now design your new ship with it's unique features. I find that naming my ship designs according to what role they have helps. For example, I could have an Escort Frigate that is fast and lightly armed, as well as an Assault Frigate, which is a bit slower and heavily armed.
Thanks and Credit
Character groundwork, Legends updating and testing by ehsumrell1
Additional sounds by fulgaris
Additional planet images and ship graphics by Kalthaniell
Additional weapons images by msnevil
And my thanks and credit to all the modders at battleclinic.com who created the majority of the wonderful ship models and textures used in this mod.
And of course, Gene Roddenberry.[:)]
TRSE Version 1.5 for Return of the Shakturi only
Dunkelseele's Borg Patch for TRSE (not compatible with The Picard Era) (simply copy over your 'Star Trek' folder) :-
Version 1.4a for Original Distant Worlds only
Copyright Notice and Disclaimer
This is a fan-made game modification. Star Trek is owned by CBS studios Inc. I do not make any profit from this material nor do I accept donations.
I cannot accept responsibility for any damage that may be caused by downloading these files. All files are virus checked.