Igard -> [REL Beta] [Shadows] Star Trek - The Picard Era (6/16/2010 7:24:15 AM)
Download the latest version here
Link - The Picard Era for Shadows Beta 1
Shadows Beta 1 Summary
Races - 25 + 4 pirate races
Shipsets - Some races use a generic set (It is Star Trek after all). The final set is an optional 'extra' set. See below for instructions.
Characters - 244 images, over 1200 characters (some share a generic image)
Troop images - Almost complete
Dialogue - 12 races + 2 pirate races (orion dialogue not finished)
Flagshapes - 12 all major races have their own flags and colour schemes (sometimes the colours are faulty)
Music - 27 tracks from Star Trek The Next Generation's first 3 seasons composed by Ron Jones
System names - 581 Star Trek system names
Race files- Complete. May require tweaking, please report any issues
Bias settings - Complete. May require tweaking, please report any issues
Policy files - Complete. May require tweaking, please report any issues
Victory conditions - Complete. Please report any issues
Race Event types - Mostly complete. May require tweaking, please report any issues
Updates for Beta 1 :-
- Added Zalkonian Race
- Added Sheliak Race
- Replaced the old flagshapes with the new png files for Shadows
- Added 4 pirate factions. Use the total conversion patch to replace names
- Added troop images for 21 races (some are subject to change (especially the Sheliak))
Recommended Total Conversion (included in the download)
This replaces the base game's files such as sound effects, images and the galactopedia files. Make backups of your original files.
I've included this in the download for the mod as a separate zip file. I'd recommend using it as it adds a whole of Trek to the mod.
- The Crystalline Entity (replaces silvermist)
- Pirates names, Ferengi Renegades, House of Korgath, Orion Syndicate, The Maquis
- Resource images, names and galactopedia entries (Starfleet ships actually run on Deuterium now)
- Some weapon effect replacements
- Message pop ups appear as Starfleet PADDs
- Glorious Star Trek sound effects
1.0.3 update 10/02/2014
- Replaces the pirate names
- update to the gametext file for the latest version of shadows v22.214.171.124
- Removed the planet images so as to reduce the filesize
- Replaced Assault pods with transporter sound effects. The image is also replaced with something non visible
Installation of the Picard Era Mod:-
2. Copy the folder 'Star Trek Picard Era' to Matrix Games/Distant Worlds/Customization/
3. Run the game and select 'Change Theme' from the main menu then select the Star Trek mod and click 'Switch Theme'
4. Before starting a new game, make sure to deselect 'Enable Return of the Shakturi story Events' from the game setup screen, like so:-
Installation of the Total Conversion mod:-
1. Make a backup of all the files to be replaced. I recommend backing up your entire images, help and sounds folder. Don't forget the gametext.txt file as well.
2. Unzip the contents of the Picard Era Total Conversion zip file into your Distant Worlds directory, replacing the original files.
Helpful tips for setting up your game
When selecting one of the coloured flags for your empire, set the secondary colour as white, so that the different colours aren't diluted. See fig1
If you have the time, you can add each empire to the other empire setup screen. Type the name of the empire and press the down arrow on your keyboard to jump to the below text box. You're going to spend alot of time in your game, might as well set it up right.Scroll down to find fig2, with a list of all empire names. See fig2
How to use the 'Extra' Shipset :-
This shipset is not used by any one race in the game. It's purpose is simply to provide extra ship images for any additional ship designs the player may need. The player can now have 2 frigate designs etc.
- From the Design Screen, click 'Copy as new' or 'Add New'.
- Name your new design.
- Click on the ship image box. Scroll to the bottom and look for a suitable ship image. There are several images here from different races. There are more ship images for Federation designs than any other race.
- Now design your new ship with it's unique features. I find that naming my ship designs according to what role they have helps. For example, I could have an Escort Frigate that is fast and lightly armed, as well as an Assault Frigate, which is a bit slower but armed to the teeth.
Thanks and Credit
Character groundwork, Legends updating and testing by ehsumrell1
Additional sounds by fulgaris
Additional planet images and ship graphics by Kalthaniell
Additional weapons images by msnevil
And my thanks and credit to all the modders at battleclinic.com who created the majority of the wonderful ship models and textures used in this mod.
And of course, Gene Roddenberry.[:)]
TRSE Version 1.5 for Return of the Shakturi only
Dunkelseele's Borg Patch for TRSE (not compatible with The Picard Era) (simply copy over your 'Star Trek' folder) :-
Version 1.4a for Original Distant Worlds only
Copyright Notice and Disclaimer
This is a fan-made game modification. Star Trek is owned by CBS studios Inc. and Paramount Pictures. I do not make any profit from this material nor do I accept donations.
I cannot accept responsibility for any damage that may be caused by downloading these files. All files are virus checked.