Impulse sale annoys me (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold

rosseau -> Impulse sale annoys me (6/9/2010 9:22:46 PM)

I am a huge Matrix customer and will continue to be. But it pisses me off a few weeks after buying WWI Gold--I also bought the original at top dollar--I see it on Impulse for $20.

From now on I am going to have to use some discipline and wait. But the time period between release and the Impulse sale was unusually short.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Impulse sale annoys me (6/10/2010 6:14:39 PM)

Another pricing error, Impulse and Gamersgate underpriced us on this without permission from AGEOD. Note that the price in AGEOD's store matches ours. Unfortunately these other resellers seem to operate differently and I can't blame you for being upset. It bothers us as well, but it's not something we can control.

Regards,

- Erik

rosseau -> RE: Impulse sale annoys me (6/10/2010 10:03:44 PM)

Hi Erik,

I posted quick and didn't think the issue through. In retrospect,

1. The other outlets are free to price how they please.
2. I don't like to use GG/Impulse, as I'm afraid they will not release patches. Matrix is always best in this regard.
3. I did get the original WWI Matrix discount, so I only paid $20!

So I take back my complaint. But thanks for responding.

NefariousKoel -> RE: Impulse sale annoys me (7/11/2010 12:53:28 AM)

Isn't there some kind of price control agreement with a timeline made to these companies?

Perhaps Matrix should lower those Steam bastard's percentage of the take in the future. [:D]

Tony_A -> RE: Impulse sale annoys me (7/21/2010 12:47:31 AM)

Did they make another mistake??

It's now only $14.98 on Gamersgate...

Erik Rutins -> RE: Impulse sale annoys me (7/21/2010 1:04:40 AM)

The Gamers Gate base price is wrong, but we can't do anything about it, it's out of our control. We will be matching the overall 50% price reduction though, starting tomorrow.

Tony_A -> RE: Impulse sale annoys me (7/21/2010 1:39:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

The Gamers Gate base price is wrong, but we can't do anything about it, it's out of our control. We will be matching the overall 50% price reduction though, starting tomorrow.

Excellent news!!

It's great that Matrix is adjusting prices to match the rest of the market.

I already own the Impulse version of this particular title, but prefer to buy the Matrix version of any game, as long as it's priced competitively.

Arctic Blast -> RE: Impulse sale annoys me (7/21/2010 9:12:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tony_A

Did they make another mistake??

It's now only $14.98 on Gamersgate...

It's part of a week long sale. Everything Paradox (and since they bought AGEOD, that includes WW1) is 50% off.

jomni -> RE: Impulse sale annoys me (7/22/2010 9:28:02 AM)

Everything Paradox is 50% in several distributors already (impulse, gamersgate, steam, D2D).
Good thing Matrix followed suit.  May be able to actually buy this title once and for all.

myros -> RE: Impulse sale annoys me (7/22/2010 4:44:21 PM)

LOL, got to love how a little competition helps bring the prices down. Makes me wish more of Matrix games were available elsewhere ;)

Zap -> RE: Impulse sale annoys me (7/26/2010 5:37:09 AM)

LOL,Mine may have been my first "impulse" not as in the company but as in, impulse buy. I saw the new price of Matrix and bought it two days ago. Now I'm not even sure I like playing in that period. I'm still fully immersed in WWII.

Its been a while since I bought a Matrix title so I just thought Okay lets get one game.

Since the price was reduced, I like Matrix as a Company and improvements have been made to it I decided to go ahead. Now this game may end up like four other games I bought from Matrix (good games ) I just have not played them.

Maybe some time in the future?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI