Crash when recalculating paths (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support

weertj -> Crash when recalculating paths (5/31/2010 7:54:30 PM)

Hello,

In the "Race to Bastogne" scenario the game crashes when the bridge in Dasburg was finished.
The message says "Recalculate the path" and then the game crashed.

Gr,

Jacco

simovitch -> RE: Crash when recalculating paths (5/31/2010 8:11:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: weertj

Hello,

In the "Race to Bastogne" scenario the game crashes when the bridge in Dasburg was finished.
The message says "Recalculate the path" and then the game crashed.

Gr,

Jacco

This is a notoriously sensitive period in the game while the movement tables are being re-calculated (bridges built and blown). It should be fine most of the time but it's best to not try to access the UI until the game is back in your control.

I tried to break it several times during beta testing and I thought Dave got it to be fairly robust. That said, it is best to save your game just before that progress bar reaches 100%.

weertj -> RE: Crash when recalculating paths (5/31/2010 10:01:03 PM)

That worked.

BTW: I had some difficulty to get the bridge ready in time. The Dasburg bridge only was finished at D2 08:00. The pioniers where "resting" a lot. Historical they were finished in the evening at day 1.

gr,

Jacco

simovitch -> RE: Crash when recalculating paths (5/31/2010 10:39:37 PM)

You should, on the average, finish by late afternoon as they did historically. Did you use 2 or more engineers at the bridge by ordering the group to construct the bridge with a single order?

weertj -> RE: Crash when recalculating paths (5/31/2010 10:43:27 PM)

Ah... that certainly explains it.
At least the 2nd Pz. had enough rest [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI