FireFox has an adblock (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

larryfulkerson -> FireFox has an adblock (4/20/2010 4:57:49 PM)

Hey you guys.....I've been using Firefox for my web browser for a couple of years now and I love it. Then last night I found out that it has an AdBlock add-on and I turned it on and now I don't get the ads and banners from third-party web sites. The web page loads faster and I'm not bombarded with ads any more. I just thought I might say something to you guys so you could do the same thing.

I know this is an off-topic type of posting but I thought it important enough to say something.

desert -> RE: FireFox has an adblock (4/20/2010 10:28:53 PM)

I'd recommend using NoScript simultaneously.

orabera -> RE: FireFox has an adblock (4/21/2010 3:59:18 PM)

Adblock and Tab Mix Plus, they make Firefox better.

E -> RE: FireFox has an adblock (4/23/2010 4:16:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Hey you guys.....I've been using Firefox for my web browser for a couple of years now and I love it. Then last night I found out that it has an AdBlock add-on

quote:

ORIGINAL: desert

I'd recommend using NoScript simultaneously.

I've never used MS's Internet Exploder, and have been using various forms of Netscrape/Mozilla since the 90's. I never bothered to look at add-ons previously, as I always use a less popular Netscrape/Mozilla variation, and they tend not to have add-ons. But your two posts got me looking and I find both of these are compatible with my current browser. Wow! They sure do help after tweaking! I especially appreciate NoScript as it saves me from having to turn javascript on for trusted sites like matrix and off for untrusted/new sites one hits while cruising the web. (Note: If you're sick of spam, I HIGHLY recommend turning off javascript when cruising new sites (and many "trusted" sites)... you'll find a vastly reduced amount of spam stuck in your spam filter.)

Catch21 -> RE: FireFox has an adblock (5/31/2010 4:35:53 PM)

There's a whole slew of these to make your life easier: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ or check under Bookmarks->Mozilla Firefox->Customize Firefox.

I find FasterFox, FireFTP and IEView useful along with a  variety of Google Gadgets...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI