Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

alexzhz -> Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (3/20/2010 3:47:47 PM)

We haven't heard of any messages about the progress of 3.4 patch for a quite long time. Is the patch still in process or just having been tested for a while ? Personally, I'm afraid that the coming patch will give away to a completely new version, can it be true?

Panama -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (3/20/2010 5:02:41 PM)

Was wondering the same meself. I thought it was going to be out by this month. [&:]

Menschenfresser -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (3/20/2010 10:32:15 PM)

Still testing. Seems there are a couple of new builds every month. I'm not in the beta team loop so I don't know what exactly, if anything, is being hammered on.

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (3/21/2010 1:39:59 AM)

We had Ralph solid through January, then only one sighting since. I guess he got busy with his real job. Everything is finished except for some graphics busts that the Alpha Channel thing introduced. But, we're stuck there without Ralph.

Panama -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (3/21/2010 3:46:41 AM)

Git the possee. [sm=tank2-39.gif]

LarryP -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (3/22/2010 2:51:28 AM)

I sure liked what I read about this coming out, but I can't remember where I read it now?! Anyway, I am eagerly waiting this addition To TOAW3. [&o]

pecaboy333 -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/12/2010 9:43:25 PM)

Hi!
So what is the situation with the new patch? [&:] I'm sooo impatient... New rules and alpha graphics mod all seems very nice stuff [:)]

LarryP -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/12/2010 10:15:30 PM)

It seems like this is dead?! [:(]

Jeff Norton -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/12/2010 10:46:48 PM)

Doubtful. Ralph does have a normal life, and it does get in the way of 'fun'.

He will return, when he has time.

Last thing I heard was he was polishing, nailing down the last workable bugs, and getting it ready for delivery.

I've sent him emails, and am awaiting returns. Believe me - the life of a programmer (real-life, not 'fun') is not easy. Being a boss/leader (on top of it) isn't either...

Patience, lads....[:D]

LarryP -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/12/2010 10:58:40 PM)

That's good news. I thought maybe it fell through the cracks of life. I don't know any specifics of this update\patch, whatever it is, I just know what I saw looked good.

I too am, or more appropriately was a programmer. It isn't easy, it's a thankless job, and it requires more work than always expected. It's hard.

L`zard -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/18/2010 12:37:55 AM)

Right then!

Ralph has posted on his "Developement blog", with a proviso that he will be sending another 'beta test' to the Team. Work continues, eh?

According to Bob Cross, not only does the code need to be finished, but there's going to be a wait for 'new scenarios'......

The important part of this msg is "Work Continues"!

Get some, Ralph!

[&o]

DrewBlack -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/18/2010 9:27:48 AM)

Nice,

Cant wait for the update, any chance of a list of fixes/added items?

Thanks

jmlima -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/18/2010 12:26:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spider

We haven't heard of any messages about the progress of 3.4 patch for a quite long time. Is the patch still in process or just having been tested for a while ? Personally, I'm afraid that the coming patch will give away to a completely new version, can it be true?

Judging by this thread, you will be lucky when you see the patch...

A new version? Riiighhhhttttt... Just look how long is one patch taking, and then multiply it by an entire new version, and what you get? 'Combined Arms 2'... [:D]

macgregor_slith -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 12:48:18 AM)

If someone feels as I do that toaw would best be served by completing the unfinished naval combat, your ship has come in. There's a new game with a global scope, production, and yes, functional naval combat. For a game that doesn't bog itself into a detail before realism fiasco like this game, it offers much more detail than toaw for the larger scenarios. Ralph is never going to take toaw to the next level for large scenarios, but has already decided to go in another direction, catering to smaller scenarios. You're not likely to see me on this forum anymore, as this game has become obsolete for my purposes, which won't bother some. If there's a way I can sell my copy legally with Matrix's permission, $20 takes it. I'm sorry(you have no idea) for wasting so much time trying to make this game into something it will never be. Good luck!

larryfulkerson -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 1:16:36 AM)

Sounds like you need a new girlfriend dude.

Bill Earley -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 1:28:47 AM)

What game are you talking about? I'm sure it's OK to mention

shortty -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 1:34:07 AM)

macgregor,
What game are you talking about?

desert -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 1:43:21 AM)

Probably WitP:AE. Though that isn't so new anymore...

macgregor_slith -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 1:53:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

I don't know what your beef is with me Larry, coming from someone who puts far more time into gaming than I, but I have a new game at any rate, and it is awesome. Check it out on ACG. That's all I'll say.

Bill Earley -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 2:24:54 AM)

oooooookay, guess I'm a bit out of it. What is ACG anybody?

allsop -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 2:31:17 AM)

quote:

ACG

Armchair General dot com ?

I'm guessing he means Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict that was just reviewed on Armchair General dot com (ACG) ?

EDIT: or possibly HOI3 ?

LarryP -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 2:36:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: macgregor

I don't know what your beef is with me Larry, coming from someone who puts far more time into gaming than I, but I have a new game at any rate, and it is awesome. Check it out on ACG. That's all I'll say.

If you're referring to Strategic Command Global Conflict, is it better than the previous ones in the series? I have all of them except for this latest one. I'm all SC'd out unless this new Global Conflict has much more to offer. [:)]

desert -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 3:02:43 AM)

Hmm, but isn't HOI 3 a better simulation (aside from the poor AI)? Paradox has a lot more experience with strategy games than Battlefront.

Edit: Oooh, never mind. Battlefront is the publisher.

macgregor_slith -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 3:22:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP
If you're referring to Strategic Command Global Conflict, is it better than the previous ones in the series? I have all of them except for this latest one. I'm all SC'd out unless this new Global Conflict has much more to offer. [:)]

That'd be it. And I haven't had this much fun gaming in a long time, and it's fully editable.

larryfulkerson -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 10:46:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: macgregor
quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

I don't have a beef with you, I don't dislike you, I'm not making fun of you, etc. I was just trying to be cute, funny, making a joke etc. I just thought you sounded like you had your fill of waiting for the patch and were terribly frustrated and were surpressing some degree of "rage". I just want you to be happy and I'm glad you found a new game and have found some degree of satisfaction with it. I would do the same thing ( check out a new game ) except that I'm already doing three games at the same time ( FITE, Autumn Fog, D21 ) and don't have a spare moment except when my PBEM opponents forget to send me their moves etc. I just thought that a new girlfriend might solve the "waiting" problem you're having....at least to some degree.

Good on you dude.

macgregor_slith -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 12:37:47 PM)

Well I am disappointed that every suggestion I've made regarding either toaw or mwif, has seemingly fomented opposition starting with matrix and filtering down to almost organized groups of fanboys desiring a lot of superficial peripherals at the cost of ignoring glaring inaccuracies as is the case with TOAW and Ralph.

In the case of WiF, the attention and work can be summed up as,'anything to avoid a release' of a game that was already deemed playable before matrix acquired it. They then saddled the developer with creating an intelligent AI for a game so complex that most humans can't play without constant reference, again all the while ignoring the game interface. They've added pbem to a game whose strength was the constant input of players, changing the game entirely.Now the fanboys are busy at work loading the game with every available piece of data on the thousands of units, yet ignoring plate drawings and detailed images which, as the saying goes, speak a thousand words. This of course is but a dog and pony show, diverting from the fact that the project is woefully behind schedule. One redeeming feature would've been a game editor that was oddly available before matrix had it, and now has inexplicably been completely scrubbed. The game I have now started with the mission of creating the global scenario for the computer instead of completely recreating a 30 year old boardgame.

In a perfect world, the feel of wif would've been preserved by creating a great global game for netplay, while TOAW; designed as a pbem, would've been perfected for the pbem experience, completing what Norm started in regards to naval combat. perhaps even offering a global pbem game. Now we have wif trying to be TOAW and TOAW trying to be ...let's face it. TOAW is going nowhere.

Bitter? I was bitter. But now I'm simply feeling vindicated because the game I've waited for so many years was actually being developed by a competitor. The witch is dead.

Panama -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 2:42:43 PM)

First of all, what is WiF? Acronyms make me crazy.

I've spoken with some people who say some of the same things about the Steel Panther game Matrix changed (SP3?). How it went from being a good remake to being something a diminishing minority bother with because they went the wrong way. Don't know myself, Never played it. Probably never will because of the bad reviews I've heard.

I don't see how you can compare a grand strategy game with an operational game. I do agree that it will probably not go much farther since there is only one part time programmer working on it. Even if the next patch is the last patch it's still good at what it does. And I'm not a fanboi of Matrix nor Opart. If you really wanted to have a better naval feel for the game you could do a huge amount on your own. I threw together a very nice little monitor vs monitor naval scenario using the equipment editor and Paint Shop Pro.

Unfortunately you have gotten your mind in a place where only what you want sounds reasonable. One part time programmer probably won't get the game there.

Bill Earley -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 3:50:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panama

First of all, what is WiF? Acronyms make me crazy.

Now this one I know!
world in flames
a classic boardgame of all of WW2 (world war 2) being adapted to computer
-for the last 10 or 15 years

haenilion -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 5:29:06 PM)

I really don't understand one thing. If you have disappointed in the game and you found another, why you proclaim this from the housetop? It would be better everyone to say a goodbye and that's all. Or don't say anything. The last 10-15 posts are trollworks and off-topic.

Olorin -> RE: Is the 3.4 patch still on testing ? (4/26/2010 11:43:56 PM)

Having played Hearts of Iron 3 (and its predecessors), I thought I would give Strategic Command Global Conflict a try to see how it fares against HoI3. Well...my personal opinion is that it's much more simplistic even than HoI1 in all respects, let alone HoI3.

TOAW is an operational game and does not need all these things. It currently needs to fix the bugs that produce unrealistic combat results and a better supply system. That's what I want anyway, and the new patch, whenever it arrives, is going to give me what I want, so I am happy.

Now, if TOAW4 incorporated all the items in the wishlist...now that would be the perfect wargame. But impossible to do with just one (!) part-time programmer.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.929688E-02