Is this game dead? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Coming Soon and In Development] >> Combined Arms: World War II (formerly Battlefields!)

V22 Osprey -> Is this game dead? (9/15/2009 2:23:46 AM)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is still developing this game?

norvandave -> RE: Is this game dead? (9/15/2009 3:41:21 AM)

Now this is an appropriately titled thread, regardless of the rare occasions that someone from Matrix actually makes a reassuring statement on this game. Now in the 9th+ year of "development". Put a fork in it.

sabre1 -> RE: Is this game dead? (9/15/2009 5:09:03 AM)

Yeah, I check in here too from time to time. Oh well, there is plenty of other things to play at the moment.

Capt Cliff -> RE: Is this game dead? (9/16/2009 7:20:37 PM)

This game showed such promise ... bleh! If your not going to produce this game drop this forum thread. Why tantilize people over a possible successor to the V4V and WatW games, which should be reissued to run on the newer systems.[:-]

rhinobones -> RE: Is this game dead? (9/16/2009 8:47:24 PM)

Reissued with an editor . . . now that would be sweet.

Regards RhinoBones

06 Maestro -> RE: Is this game dead? (9/21/2009 6:31:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

Yeah, I check in here too from time to time. Oh well, there is plenty of other things to play at the moment.

Good thing there were other games to play over the last 10 years[:D]
This could have been a great one, but it has looked dead for several years. I'm not sure about removing it from the Coming Soon section though. Like the Great Pyramids, if removed, the place just wouldn't look right.

jmlima -> RE: Is this game dead? (9/26/2009 9:30:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

... Like the Great Pyramids, if removed, the place just wouldn't look right.

In all fairness, this game already deserves an award, it brings out some of the best cynicism I've ever seen in forums... [:D]

sprior -> RE: Is this game dead? (9/28/2009 2:26:45 PM)

We should get Veruca Salt in here

06 Maestro -> RE: Is this game dead? (9/28/2009 9:49:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

We should get Veruca Salt in here

Why not? We already have dozens of Jobs.

I doubt that even she would be successful.

Ludovic Coval -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/19/2009 6:47:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

Regards RhinoBones

I'm not sure to understand your point as Editor had been used to create scenarios used for Game test.

jmlima -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/19/2009 1:40:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ludovic Coval

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

Regards RhinoBones

I'm not sure to understand your point as Editor had been used to create scenarios used for Game test.

He was meaning a re-issue of V4V / W@W with an editor.

cverbrug -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/21/2009 10:36:26 AM)

Ludovic,

Is actually something specific/tangible going on in the development of this game, or are it just abstract plans to eventually developed it further in whatever distant future?

PS: I know I am probably the 100st persons asking this, but given past experiences one should understand people start not taking this development seriously any longer (still i think it is a good game and a lot of good work was done, but wihout any tangible results in terms of a playbale game)

Christophe

Ludovic Coval -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/21/2009 7:46:11 PM)

Christophe,

Game and Editor are completed awaiting for test since June. Sorry I cant say more as I dont know more.

06 Maestro -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/21/2009 8:02:21 PM)

quote:

Christophe,

Game and Editor are completed awaiting for test since June. Sorry I cant say more as I dont know more.

Hmm-perhaps I will "eat crow".

Deathtreader -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/21/2009 10:29:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

quote:

Christophe,

Hmm-perhaps I will "eat crow".

Crow?? Probably not.........

In a different thread I've asked Eric 3 times for a developmental/testing update since Ludovic's June posting. My reply is a vast resounding silence. A good conspiracy theorist could have a field day with this saga.

I hope I'm wrong too. For myself, eating Crow would be a small thing if it gets this title out any faster. [:)]

Regards,

Rob.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/22/2009 12:43:38 AM)

As I've said before, given how many delays there have already been, I don't think it would be productive to get into any more detail on project status or progress until we are on a definite track to release and are sure that there are no remaining issues in the way. As with everyone else, I hope that will be soon.

Regards,

- Erik

SeaMonkey -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/22/2009 1:12:11 AM)

"Game and Editor are completed awaiting for test since June. "

You've got to be kidding me, a whole forum awaiting this game for I don't know how long, and I'm sure many of those people astute at testing a wargame and Matrix allows this game to languish due to testing?

Something is wrong here, there's a fishy smell emanating from this thread, and the fish is close to becoming dust.

sprior -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/22/2009 3:55:34 PM)

Guys, it's only a game.

sprior -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/22/2009 4:13:17 PM)

PS. Eric, if you you're looking for a tester...

Rick -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/22/2009 4:17:26 PM)

i've also been watching this thread for long long time, though i finally managed to get it down to check only every few weeks.

There can be many reasons for the delays, it is a business after all, even though we it as a hobby. It could be technical, legal, economic, production problems. I have to admit, I'm anxious to see this one myself though.

Rick

Capt Cliff -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/22/2009 5:58:18 PM)

What they said!! *points up* [:-]

BAL -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/23/2009 6:07:31 PM)

Yes, it's only a game & sure, problems will come up but from the date of earliest post I can find this game has been "coming soon & in development" for over 6-1/2 years now.  Hard to remain very positive about this game when you look at that.  Honestly, I've lost interest.  [>:]

jmlima -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/28/2009 2:25:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

As I've said before, given how many delays there have already been, I don't think it would be productive to get into any more detail on project status or progress until we are on a definite track to release and are sure that there are no remaining issues in the way. As with everyone else, I hope that will be soon.

Regards,

- Erik

That's all fine and dandy Erik, and it's in your rights to do that.

But, when you have the game programmer stating that the game has been since June awaiting testing... you either say something or leave it open to speculation. Not that people speculate a lot about this game, it's so dead that people do not even speculate anymore...

I cannot help but think that Matrix sees this game as commercialy irrelevant (given the nature of the games being released at present), and hence, it takes a nearly inexistant place in the priority list of releases. Which is also within Matrix rights to do. It would be a different thing is it was released 6 years a go, but by now...

rhinobones -> RE: Is this game dead? (10/30/2009 9:39:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

As I've said before, given how many delays there have already been, I don't think it would be productive to get into any more detail on project status . . .

Understand your reluctance to post any details regarding the release of this game. But, in the mean time, how about having one of your play testers or developers post a few screen shots? If nothing else it would be a good PR move. It would be appreciated.

Regards, RhinoBones

freeboy -> RE: Is this game dead? (11/11/2009 8:04:56 PM)

this is one tht still hlods some promiss, thanks for not killing it

Grisha -> RE: Is this game dead? (11/19/2009 3:36:18 AM)

I think it instructive to Eric and Ludovic, since they have both been with this project since it was first called 'Battlefront!', that when this design first surfaced on Matrix my son was born. He's now almost 10 years old and in 4th grade. I started design on a wargame of the boardgame version in 2003, and this year I signed a contract for it to be published.

Alexander Seil -> RE: Is this game dead? (2/3/2010 4:02:43 AM)

I remember posting on this forum when I was in high school, bored in a Java class.

I'm 22 now [X(]

I think the only thing left for Matrix to do is release the source code and be done with the whole charade. This project is dead.

Obsolete -> RE: Is this game dead? (2/3/2010 6:45:22 AM)

Well, this game sure has seen its histories of platform development changes.  Didn't it start out on Win 3.1?  :P

Bob M. -> RE: Is this game dead? (2/4/2010 9:10:43 AM)

It's not dead yet. He's only restin'. (Apologies to the "Parrot Sketch" for employing it on such a low priority project).

HoustonAerosFan -> RE: Is this game dead? (2/6/2010 11:30:57 PM)

OK, I'm 51 now - hopefully this will come out before I retire - - - they only have 10-14 years to make it happen......might be close........

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI