Command line switches (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

39battalion -> Command line switches (7/28/2009 7:43:15 AM)

Firstly congratulations to all concerned for producing such a great game.

Very much appreciated [sm=00000947.gif]

One question about command line switches : can you have two operating at the same time ? For example -dual and -deepcolour ?

If so how do you do this ? Also do you have do it differently if you are using Vista ?

Thanks

Terminus -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 7:45:08 AM)

You can have as many of them as you can fit. Just put one after the other, separated by a space, as in "-w -altFont -deepColor".

Hooper82 -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 7:51:57 AM)

Is there a list of command line switches that I've missed some where?
I did a search on the manual and came up blank.

Terminus -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 8:05:27 AM)

Check the What's New file.

39battalion -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 8:08:23 AM)

Thanks Terminus.

And Hooper82 : the list of switches is in the read me document that comes with the game.

Hooper82 -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 8:09:25 AM)

Thanks

Scott_USN -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 8:11:48 AM)

You should update the what's new file to say "You can have as many switches as you want" because I was not sure if you could put more than one.

rroberson -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 8:26:13 AM)

bear with me. I have tried this multiple times and failed. I have vista and I suspect that is the issue.

This is in the target box.
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe"

Is this what is should look like to get it to run?

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe-w"

thanks

FAsea -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 8:33:03 AM)

is there a command that gets rid of the videos? I tried -novideo but nothing

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -wd -dual -deepColor -altFont -r

rroberson, above is an exact copy of my working command line.

Terminus -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 8:38:22 AM)

That's not a command line switch. You go into your AE folder and rename the VIDEO subfolder to NOVIDEO.

FAsea -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 8:40:30 AM)

Ah, sounds good...Thanks for the fast reply T [:)]

rroberson -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 8:54:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FAsea

Ah, sounds good...Thanks for the fast reply T [:)]

quote:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -wd -dual -deepColor -altFont -r

thank you for the replay and the example. Got it and it looks great.

I may not sleep tonite dammit. [:D]

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 8:55:36 AM)

just delete the videos. worked for all matrix games so far [:'(]

DavidR -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 9:40:08 AM)

I must admit that I added the -r switch to show roads then immediately removed the switch after seeing what the red road lines looked like on the excellent map.

Also the altFont switch makes an appreciable difference to the readability of the various pop-up screens.

A big thank you to all concerned.

Davidr

sprior -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 9:50:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidR

I must admit that I added the -r switch to show roads then immediately removed the switch after seeing what the red road lines looked like on the excellent map.

Also the altFont switch makes an appreciable difference to the readability of the various pop-up screens.

Davidr

Hi neighbour!

DavidR -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 9:59:46 AM)

sprior

Nice to see another from the area.

DavidR

Bladess -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 10:27:53 AM)

The default icon that the "install" puts on the desktop (XP) points to "autorun.exe" which does not accept the switches.
The "whats new"  file says
"To use these, Right click to edit the Properties on the “Quick Start” shortcut to the game (located in your Start Menu folder for War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition). You’ll want to add these to the end of the “Target” field to get them to work"

You actually need to change the target so that it is pointing to the "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" first. Then add the switches.

(Note that the file directory "War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition" and the exe "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition" have slightly different spelling.)

Terminus -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 10:58:48 AM)

Well, one COULD just pop the quick start icon onto the desktop...

sprior -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 11:01:08 AM)

quote:

sprior

Nice to see another from the area.

DavidR

fancy a local, er, derby?

Terminus -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 11:06:43 AM)

BA-DUM-PUM![:D]

irishman -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 11:43:07 AM)

Does the dual core switch work for quad core processors? Does it make any real difference?

DavidR -> RE: Command line switches (7/28/2009 12:41:16 PM)

sprior,

If you mean a PBEM , I would indeed like to try my hand but would rather have a hard copy of the manual first to be able to refer to it as there are so many more additions and changes from WITP.

Once this arrives with my physical shipment of the game I would enjoy the challenge.

What are your thoughts?

DavidR

Blue Duck -> RE: Command line switches (8/24/2009 1:04:13 AM)

I agree. The "-altFont" switch made a huge difference in the readability of the report screens. I don't know if I am just going blind, but I could hardly read the reports with the original fonts. The -r switch makes some very oversize red roads on the map. I didn't like them much.
quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

Davidr

Hi neighbour!

wdolson -> RE: Command line switches (8/24/2009 1:23:23 AM)

You can turn roads on and off in game by hitting the 'R' key.  Similarly, you can turn rail lines on and off with the 'Y' key.

Bill

Blue Duck -> RE: Command line switches (8/24/2009 1:27:29 AM)

Thanks for the tip. I see it now on the HOTKEY chart. It would be useful to have them on sometimes to make them stand out more.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.320313E-02