DC Metro area WITP summit? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

AW1Steve -> DC Metro area WITP summit? (4/27/2009 5:05:34 AM)

Is there any one interested in a get together of WITP players in the DC Metro area? I'm thinking of some fairly central location that serves good beer? Any intrest? Any suggestions? I'm aware of at least 2 Falls Church residents, 1 Alexandria and one southern Maryland. I'm sure there are more. Don't be shy, here's an opportunity to meet your brethern! [:D]

skrewball -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 4:56:14 PM)

I'm in Arlington!

bobogoboom -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 5:13:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Is there any one interested in a get together of WITP players in the DC Metro area? I'm thinking of some fairly central location that serves good beer? Any intrest? Any suggestions? I'm aware of at least 2 Falls Church residents, 1 Alexandria and one southern Maryland. I'm sure there are more. Don't be shy, here's an opportunity to meet your brethern! [:D]

Be afraid he is one of those internet pervs that your mom warned you about. hanging out on message boards and luring unsuspecting witp players to their doom.[:'(]

btw turn?

joey -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 6:04:35 PM)

Oh my, is this the Navy of Northern Virginia in the making?

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 8:44:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: skrewball

I'm in Arlington!

Cool! So that make's 2 or 3 of us! [:)]

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 8:45:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

quote:

Be afraid he is one of those internet pervs that your mom warned you about. hanging out on message boards and luring unsuspecting witp players to their doom.[:'(]

btw turn?

You should already have it. Yeah, I'm being called "unreliable" or "unstable" by a guy whose handle is "BOBOGOESBOOM". OK . [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 8:46:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joey

Oh my, is this the Navy of Northern Virginia in the making?

Well, it's what , a two hour drive for you? You'd certainly be welcome. [:)]

DE679 -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 9:10:38 PM)

Hello, Count me in. I have some questions and game play to go over with you all. I should post them on this forum, but I am to embarrassed. Then everyone will know how bad I am getting my butt kicked! [:)] May I offer some suggestions.

Crapital City Brewing. Arlington.
Murphy's Grand Irish Pub. Alexandria, King street.
Rock Bottom Brewing. Arlington.
Gordon Biersch. Tyson's Corner.
Ireland's Four Provinces. Falls Church.

But hey! I will go anywhere that sells a cold one. King st is good, you can just hop on the metro, no drunk driving. [>:]

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 9:24:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DE679

Hello, Count me in. I have some questions and game play to go over with you all. I should post them on this forum, but I am to embarrassed. Then everyone will know how bad I am getting my butt kicked! [:)] May I offer some suggestions.

Crapital City Brewing. Arlington.
Murphy's Grand Irish Pub. Alexandria, King street.
Rock Bottom Brewing. Arlington.
Gordon Biersch. Tyson's Corner.
Ireland's Four Provinces. Falls Church.

But hey! I will go anywhere that sells a cold one. King st is good, you can just hop on the metro, no drunk driving. [>:]

I'm familar with all of them (But Crapital brewing worries me....I take it you don't like it there?). May I also suggest that if we have Maryland Brethern, maybe RFD next to gallery place? Any place that has litterly hundreds of beers has to be a good place). Should we try to do it on a weekend? Maybe saturday afternoon? That means no fighting for tables , as you would have to in the evening. And I really like the Metro idea. [:)]

DE679 -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 9:45:44 PM)

My Bad, Crapital City just a nick name between friends. It has some very good dark beers. Sat afternoon is a good time.

PS. Should we invite Terminus? Maybe he will fly over. We can buy him one to many, then he might divulge AE release date? [:)]

rtrapasso -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 9:52:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DE679

PS. Should we invite Terminus? Maybe he will fly over. We can buy him one to many, then he might divulge AE release date? [:)]

Be a lot cheaper (since he is on this side of the Atlantic) to liquor up Joe Wilkerson... [:'(]

(plus, he is sort of the heart of the project, so you might get more accurate info...) [8D]

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 10:53:10 PM)

My feelings is that we should try to get as many WITP brethren as possible from as far away as possible. Joe ,Kristian, and of course you Robert , would all be VERY welcome!  I'd particularly like to see some of the Euro's show, and maybe we can kill this evil nonsense about Americans not having ANY good beer! [:D]

stuman -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 10:56:52 PM)

Hmm, with enough advance warning I could hop a plane from Memphis. I have a cousin of mine that lives in Arlington that I would like to see. I could kill two birds with one stone.

bobogoboom -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 11:09:13 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

quote:

btw turn?

You should already have it. Yeah, I'm being called "unreliable" or "unstable" by a guy whose handle is "BOBOGOESBOOM". OK . [:D]

i'm thinking of changing it to bobogetsdrunkandtriestoplaywitp[:'(]

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 11:11:04 PM)

How about "Derrick, the art-full dodger", as your WITP forces always manage to dodge around the traps I set for you?

So, Bobo, are you coming up for the summit? [:)]

SimonDC -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/27/2009 11:32:22 PM)

I'm in DC.

Simon

joey -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/28/2009 2:12:22 AM)

That's about right - two to two and a half hours. Sounds interesting!

scott1964 -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/28/2009 2:44:00 AM)

Copycats [:'(]

Ketza -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/28/2009 3:42:15 AM)

I am in. I live in Columbia, Md.

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/28/2009 12:26:04 PM)

Terrific! That gives us brethern from all three DC metro area's! This get together sounds better and better !

In that case , may I sugget this place as central ground? With three hundred bottled beers, and the biggest collection on tap in the DC area! http://www.lovethebeer.com/rfd.html [:D]

By the way, any thoughts on time and date? Would this saturday be too soon? [&:]

skrewball -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/28/2009 12:31:30 PM)

So are we to bring our laptops, strategic maps and invasion notes? [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/28/2009 12:34:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: skrewball

So are we to bring our laptops, strategic maps and invasion notes? [:D]

I'd strongly recommend against laptops and note books. Beer and electronics and beer and books are generally not a good combination! My rule is , it won't survive a beer splash, I won't bring it. And I definately won't bring my wall sized display planning map! [:D]

Tallyman662 -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/28/2009 1:48:19 PM)

I'm in Stafford, soon to be Woodbridge.

Pete

Canoerebel -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/28/2009 9:14:12 PM)

Shoot, I misread the title of this thread.  I thought it was "Army of Northern Virginia WitP summit." Cool, thinks I, perhaps Jubal Early, A.P. Hill, and Porter Alexander are gonna be there.

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/28/2009 9:17:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Shoot, I misread the title of this thread.  I thought it was "Army of Northern Virginia WitP summit." Cool, thinks I, perhaps Jubal Early, A.P. Hill, and Porter Alexander are gonna be there.

Well they are certainly invited, but I wouldn't hold my breath.....Nor the big man himself, even though he was raised in Alexandria and married a girl from Arlington. [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/28/2009 11:44:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scott1964

Copycats [:'(]

[&:][X(][&:][X(]

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/28/2009 11:46:55 PM)

Well guys, anyone want to shoot for this weekend? Say saturday at RFD , we can all meet at Navy memorial either by the Lone sailor, or standing on the map at Pearl Harbor! (both good photo ops!). What say ye? Aye or nay? [&:]

Tallyman662 -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/29/2009 12:07:06 AM)

I am in. 2pm Saturday.......

AW1Steve -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/29/2009 12:27:05 AM)

OK, So this coming Saturday, 2pm at the Navy Memorial , standing on the map at Hawaii. I'll be wearing a VP-68 Navy ball cap. I'm 6'3" , heavyset, and will wear a light green shirt and jeans. And I will NOT be carrying a copy of "Pride & Predudice" , as my wife suggested (Damned chick flick!) nor will I be holding a rose between my teeth. And no , I will NOT be holding a Japanese tourist hostage. [:D]

Other comments , or suggestions are welcome as always......but if you can come, if for no other reason than curiosity. [:D]

RUPD3658 -> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? (4/29/2009 12:41:16 AM)

Drat. I was in the area 2 weeks ago. I doubt the wife will let me out of state.

Spy Museaum was cool though.

Care to meet at the BB New Jersey?

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.441406E-02