Rookie Needs Help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov

Eagle Strike -> Rookie Needs Help (4/18/2009 11:14:11 AM)

Gentlemen:

I'm very new at this game... only purchased about 3 weeks ago. [8|]

I've read through most of the "Manual" but I can't find out how you determine how much ammunition each unit has for each type of weapon and/or shell type.

All I've been able to find on that subject is that according to item #6.1.7 on page 60 it says "Infantry units with smoke grenades will have only one “shot” of smoke before they run out of ammunition".

Is that it and all other types of ammo are unlimited? Thanks for your help...

FNG -> RE: Rookie Needs Help (4/18/2009 3:50:02 PM)

Hi there,

Ammunition is not unlimited but you do not see a 'round count' anywhere... it runs out when it runs out. As was the case historically, APCR allowances are relatively small, so pick your shots carefully! You will get a message when a unit runs out of a particular ammunition type.

Best of luck,

Eagle Strike -> RE: Rookie Needs Help (4/18/2009 5:16:23 PM)

Thank you Sir for your reply & explanation. I had a feeling that was the case regarding ammo supplies but wanted to be sure... thx again!

Rick -> RE: Rookie Needs Help (4/18/2009 5:24:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eagle Strike

Gentlemen:

I'm very new at this game... only purchased about 3 weeks ago. [8|]

I've read through most of the "Manual" but I can't find out how you determine how much ammunition each unit has for each type of weapon and/or shell type.

All I've been able to find on that subject is that according to item #6.1.7 on page 60 it says "Infantry units with smoke grenades will have only one “shot” of smoke before they run out of ammunition".

Is that it and all other types of ammo are unlimited? Thanks for your help...

If I recall ammo depletion is a probability based event. Each ammo has some probability of being depleted, not sure I recall what it is and not sure where I saw this as I coulnd't find it in manual.

Thanks,
Rick

Rick -> RE: Rookie Needs Help (4/18/2009 6:57:06 PM)

Still not sure where I first read it but a discusion took place a while back:

Here's the link:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1792048&mpage=1&key=ammo�

Rick

Deride -> RE: Rookie Needs Help (5/26/2009 7:53:23 PM)

I can confirm that ammunition is a probability event. Whenever you fire an ammunition type, a 'check' is made to see if that is the last shell.

jomni -> RE: Rookie Needs Help (12/8/2009 5:10:31 AM)

"Probabily-based" sounds pretty much like Advanced Squad Leader's system.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.904297E-02