Playable Demo? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare

Mosby -> Playable Demo? (4/11/2009 11:29:31 PM)

Been playing Harpoon CE for a while, and I was wondering if there was a playable demo for ANW? All the ones I find have already expired. I saw that some people recommend just setting the clock back, but I'm not up for that.

Any help?

Lützow -> RE: Playable Demo? (4/11/2009 11:43:45 PM)

What is so hard about setting your date back under Windows to 2008?

Mosby -> RE: Playable Demo? (4/12/2009 12:44:33 AM)

For one, I believe the demo for CE checks to see if you've turned the clocked back, and won't work if you have. I could be wrong about that though.
Other than that, I don't know. Just not something I think I should have to do. I'm not trying to cause a problem or be a pain, I was just wondering if an up to date demo was being kept hidden or something like that.

Sorry if I gave off that impression.

rsharp@advancedgamin -> RE: Playable Demo? (4/12/2009 12:59:05 AM)

Hey guys,

The ANW demo should be announced shortly in a more official manner but people have been asking so here it is. We split up the media (pics, sound, video) into a separte download and installer.

The 3.9.4 Demo
http://computerharpoon.com/public/Harpoon_3_Gouge_Demo_394.exe

Separate media package
http://computerharpoon.com/public/Harpoon_3_Gouge_Demo_Media_394.exe

I'm pretty sure the HCE guys have a new demo in the queue.

Enjoy!

Mosby -> RE: Playable Demo? (4/12/2009 1:07:36 AM)

downloading it now.

Thanks

Mosby -> RE: Playable Demo? (4/12/2009 1:39:45 AM)

Allrighty, have it going now. Thanks for the fast reply.

Looks like this should be another very fun game.

TonyE -> RE: Playable Demo? (4/12/2009 5:35:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mosby

For one, I believe the demo for CE checks to see if you've turned the clocked back, and won't work if you have. I could be wrong about that though.

Right you are, the HC demo doesn't appreciate seeing files with dates newer than the system time. The good news is that if you are legitimately setting the clock back there isn't a problem... You just set your clock to the real time, then fire up the HC demo.

hermanhum -> Harpoon (4/12/2009 7:11:40 PM)

If you want to have a test session with MP play, drop me a line and we'll set something up.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI