German Allies and partisans (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition

Preuss -> German Allies and partisans (5/15/2002 10:19:24 AM)

Does anybody rely on the Allied infantry for anything than partisan chasing? I'm just wondering what you long time players do.

czerpak -> Re: German Allies and partisans (5/15/2002 3:49:30 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Preuss
[B]Does anybody rely on the Allied infantry for anything than partisan chasing? I'm just wondering what you long time players do. [/B][/QUOTE]

Preuss,
I do, but one must be patient. E.g. in one of my current PBEMs Italian troops in Africa at the end of 1942 have reached experience levels of 80-90. In Africa experience doesnt count (yet) so I rotate them with fresh troops and use Italians at front. If you dont play under house rules you can do the same with Romanians and Hungarians. I do the same with Wehrmacht - fresh units go to France and Africa until they gain enough experience. But that needs long time perspective. And usually I dont give a f*** about partisans until late in war. Hope this helps a bit,
good luck in changing history
Maciej

Preuss -> (5/15/2002 5:39:57 PM)

thanks Czerpak,
Although I've considered rotating German units in and out of West Front, I hadn't considered doing much with their allies. I like to have my partizan chasers around, though...there's some satisfaction to seeing "partisans annihilated in combat".
BUT....I think there should be some broad area coverage units doing the work instead of combat units

Ranger-75 -> (5/22/2002 1:43:28 PM)

That's what the German Security divisions were for. They're not good for much else. I put a couple of them in spare korps and chase the partisans.

Lokioftheaesir -> Re: German Allies and partisans (5/22/2002 2:00:35 PM)

[B]Does anybody rely on the Allied infantry for anything than partisan chasing? I'm just wondering what you long time players do. [/B][/QUOTE]

Preuss

Yes i do.

Hungarian/Rumanian/Itallian (and Slovak) Infantry and Mot/Pz Divisions are potentially just as strong as German divisions. They only need to have their experience raised to 70+ or more.
If you have decided that the war will continue into '42 then give these units as much combat experience as possible.
Many games that ended in Axis Victory in '42 have had strong Allied divisions holding less contested areas of the front. One has Itallian Pz Divs (as part of a German PzCorps) encircling Moscow.
Do not waste resources. You have only just enough to win.

Loki

As to Security Inf Divs being useless. Well iv'e
had a few battles where 3-4 Sec Inf Divs have held off a soviet attack in Blizzard. What more could i ask?

moonfog -> Re: German Allies and partisans (5/22/2002 3:33:12 PM)

I normally reorganize the romanian units in the first couple of turns. The 3rd romanian army becomes a part of AG South and is to defend the Kharkov area during winter 41/42. I think especially in the south the germans don't have enough own units to close the line. Minor allies in the frontline are still better than nothing.

The mobile units of the minor axis are put into spare PzKorps shells and used as mobile battlegroups to assist german breakthroughs.

Regards
moonfog

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.416016E-02