Parametrer RDS per battle (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

largo -> Parametrer RDS per battle (2/8/2009 11:13:46 AM)

Hi everybody, (still me [:D])

what is this parameter( in red circle)? and for what is it used? I don't understand this concept well.[&:]

[img]http://images0.hiboox.com/images/0609/9a34e4ac75911793bbdb97eec4c3ef4f.jpg[/img]

[&o]

larryfulkerson -> RE: Parametrer RDS per battle (2/8/2009 2:39:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: largo
what is this parameter( in red circle)? and for what is it used?

I'm not a scenario editor or anything but I think maybe it means maximum rounds per battle. And it could be used to prevent turn burn when one combat takes the entire turn to resolve.

largo -> RE: Parametrer RDS per battle (2/8/2009 2:54:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

what is this parameter( in red circle)? and for what is it used?

I'm not a scenario editor or anything but I think maybe it means maximum rounds per battle. And it could be used to prevent turn burn when one combat takes the entire turn to resolve.

Hi larryfulkerson,

I thought that the number of round per turn = 10 [X(]
What means the number “99”? [&:]

Telumar -> RE: Parametrer RDS per battle (2/8/2009 8:39:57 PM)

99 is the default value. This means that a round can burn up the entire turn. If you set it at 10 one round can burn up the whole turn unless there's some positive shock bonus for the attacking force, but normally there will be no difference between 10 and 99. Everything lower will be the maximum number of rounds per combat.

largo -> RE: Parametrer RDS per battle (2/10/2009 7:47:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

99 is the default value. This means that a round can burn up the entire turn. If you set it at 10 one round can burn up the whole turn unless there's some positive shock bonus for the attacking force, but normally there will be no difference between 10 and 99. Everything lower will be the maximum number of rounds per combat.

Thanks Telumar for answer !

In the majority of the sénarios, the value is 99.
I do not see well for what can be used this parameter.
Does somebody have an example where this value is different from 99? What can one simulate by changing this value?

[sm=dizzy.gif]

Erik Nygaard -> RE: Parametrer RDS per battle (2/11/2009 8:22:46 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

Thanks Telumar for answer !

In the majority of the sénarios, the value is 99.
I do not see well for what can be used this parameter.
Does somebody have an example where this value is different from 99? What can one simulate by changing this value?

[sm=dizzy.gif]

In my own scenarios I have used this to limit the number of rounds based on how long each turn is.
6-hour turn gets a lower RDS than a day-turn for instance.
I also test this number in conjunction with the attrition divider to determine how bloody battles should be and the offensive capabilities of the attacking side.

Silvanski -> RE: Parametrer RDS per battle (2/11/2009 8:36:39 AM)

In large scenarios where lots of battles can/will take place, a lower MRPB setting can reduce the risk of early turn ending before all your planned combats are resolved
I've played some scenarios vs Veers, with an MRPB setting reduced to 3

largo -> RE: Parametrer RDS per battle (2/12/2009 7:35:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

In large scenarios where lots of battles can/will take place, a lower MRPB setting can reduce the risk of early turn ending before all your planned combats are resolved

If I understand well, that enables you to have less surprise and to better control the unfolding of the engagements.

PDiFolco -> RE: Parametrer RDS per battle (2/22/2009 4:02:43 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

If I understand well, that enables you to have less surprise and to better control the unfolding of the engagements.

Yes, MRPB at 10+ makes for an unpredictable game where one battle launched at turn start can last all turn and burn it all. It may be "realistic" at a small scale (ie 1/2 day, Coy sized battles), but when you play entire East Front or such it's totally ludicrous...
With MRPB at 3 you're sure that whatever happens you'll get 3 impulses (rounds 1,4,7), battles will only burn 3 rounds max.

largo -> RE: Parametrer RDS per battle (2/22/2009 9:48:41 PM)

Hmmm,I understand better now. Thank you for your explanation [:'(]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02