freeware downloads (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns

LarkinVB -> freeware downloads (1/21/2009 7:26:23 PM)

TOS:WS got well over 20.000 downloads across all mirrors. I'm curious how many did really play the game at all.

Eilim -> RE: freeware downloads (1/22/2009 7:52:54 AM)

Well, I can vouch for atleast one. Granted, it was because of this post. :) Couldn't find my original download from back when I purchased it, so decided to grab the freeware. Now I just have to relearn everything. The one thing that did come back quickly was just how much fun I had playing the game. As a Mech game junky, I do have to say ToS was always my favorite and I was always dissapointed it never caught on bigger and gathered more support. I always had dreams of more comprhensive campaign/rpg-like feature support in possible expansions and/or sequels. Oh well,  atleast I was able to find my copy of the 'unsupported' editor and might have to try my hand at making maps/campaigns again.

sabre1 -> RE: freeware downloads (1/22/2009 1:06:33 PM)

I played, play the game.  It is really quite a gem.  Just so little time and definitely too many friggin games.  I love the RPG aspects of it.  Which reminds me, I need to check out the Warengine...[:)]

jureidinim -> RE: freeware downloads (1/23/2009 3:13:12 PM)

Still play from time to time.

Eternius -> RE: freeware downloads (1/23/2009 11:54:06 PM)

I had been playing the beta for a while now but recently discovered the most recent version here. Love the changes though wish I could still have the pleasure of working while random teams of bots annihalate each other in the background. ^_^

A great game, put very simply.

woodpecker -> RE: freeware downloads (1/27/2009 3:25:12 PM)

I played the old ToS many years ago, and recently found the free WS download.  Now I am playing the game again, probably more hours each day than I should be.  Definitely one of my all-time favorite games!

Matti Kuokkanen -> RE: freeware downloads (1/27/2009 7:28:24 PM)

I downloaded WS yesterday, and still haven't played it. I might give it a try, but becouse BattleTech & MegaMek are so great with the combined arms, campaign systems, and everything else, I'm almost certain I won't become devoted WS player.

namad -> RE: freeware downloads (8/9/2009 12:53:52 PM)

Not sure if it is appropriate to necro this thread but... this thread definitely didn't get enough love so... I downloaded and played the game this week :)

Tecnócrata -> RE: freeware downloads (12/3/2009 12:03:53 PM)

Normal, many people will download free stuff since there's no cost in doing so... It's normal. If that serves the purpose of some discovering this more than great game, fine.

I bought this when released, at full price, and don't regret it. Still playing now (just started a new campaign from Rookie level).

LarkinVB -> RE: freeware downloads (12/4/2009 9:18:11 AM)

Don't forget to add the 1.2.2 patch. It's well worth I think. 

SSFSX17 -> RE: freeware downloads (12/5/2009 5:37:34 AM)

I still play against the AI every once in a while.

Tecnócrata -> RE: freeware downloads (12/10/2009 11:48:25 AM)

I did, many thanks. The "cloning" thing is particularly a nice addition. Just lost my leader at the beginning of a battle (critical chainsaw hit) and it's good to keep all those hard earned PX.

Ghstbear -> RE: freeware downloads (2/16/2010 3:31:58 AM)

Dear LarkinVB,

I noticed a little bug. If the mission objective is to destroy all the buildings in a given target area, it's currently not allowing the player to see any targets. I think this is related to the new upgrade of not using a target area unless it applies to mission completion.
Another thought on this: In the campaign I have been making, there are times when I would like to highlight a certain hex as important, but I don't feel the person must go there or destroy anything there to complete the mission. I have found it is sometimes useful even if it does not relate to the mission. Isn't there some advantage to still being able to see it? Just a thought.

LarkinVB -> RE: freeware downloads (2/16/2010 7:59:39 AM)

Bug confirmed.

I will also reenable area display without a relating victory/defeat condition. It is usefull and already used (expl. metaborator map 4). I disabled it because the latest map editor is setting the areas to 11/11 by default which can be confusing.

Solution: I will allow target/exit area display if it is either
a) connected to a victory/defeat condition OR
b) it is an area bigger than 1 hex OR
c) it is size of 1 hex but not hex 11/11.

Edit: Fixed and uploaded with b37

Son_of_Montfort -> RE: freeware downloads (2/16/2010 9:13:07 PM)

I played this back before it was freeware...

SoM

Aensland -> RE: freeware downloads (2/18/2010 2:41:04 PM)

Mmm, I love the fresh smell of updates :)

I *think* I stalled out at the last campaign, "Vossler's Gambit". My notes show I stopped playing at map 8, "Hare of the Rabbit". Is this the last map, and is it still the last campaign? I recall having merged my two squads of 4 (it's easier to manage a squad of 4) for this campaign all those years ago.

I'm gonna start over, all over again, and maybe bore you all with more uninspired battle reports [:D] Actually, wow, I'm surprised I still have my old campaign notes. All of them. Complete with cheesy narration. I'm looking forward to using the 1.2.2 updates this time around though.

LarkinVB -> RE: freeware downloads (2/18/2010 6:22:26 PM)

Vosslers Gambit is 11 maps. There is a new branching campaign, rise of robots, in the titan's map room. 

LarkinVB -> RE: freeware downloads (2/21/2010 10:10:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghstbear
Another thought on this: In the campaign I have been making, there are times when I would like to highlight a certain hex as important, but I don't feel the person must go there or destroy anything there to complete the mission. I have found it is sometimes useful even if it does not relate to the mission. Isn't there some advantage to still being able to see it? Just a thought.

Is it possible to set a target area unrelated to win/defeat conditions with the current editor ? I tried but failed. I know that this feature is used in map 4 of the metaborator campaign but perhaps this was only possible because it was created with an earlier version of the editor. I did not code the editor and can't remember.

Ghstbear -> RE: freeware downloads (2/22/2010 1:40:44 AM)

It's a little jumping through hoops.  You have to set the mission objective to a target related one, then set the targets where you want.  Then you can switch it back and it does preserve their location.

Stafroty -> RE: freeware downloads (12/18/2010 12:28:28 PM)

im playing this. Loving it like crazy, got myself totally addicted to it!! [:D]

[&o]

PDiFolco -> RE: freeware downloads (6/12/2011 12:21:44 PM)

Raise from the dead threads !
A guy at Cyberstratege asked for a good mech game, I remembered WS (which I played when it was freeware before Matrix version), and I'm back in ! This game is really a gem when it comes to mech games, and the game system will also work for a nice tac game with tanks, or starships ... Seems like the VB team broke up, any chance to have a successor to WS ? 

LarkinVB -> RE: freeware downloads (6/13/2011 10:48:03 AM)

Sorry, no chance for a successor. I'm no longer willing to invest so much time and energy into a single project.

PDiFolco -> RE: freeware downloads (6/14/2011 10:17:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarkinVB

Sorry, no chance for a successor. I'm no longer willing to invest so much time and energy into a single project.

Too bad ! You could find help, there's seemingly a ton of geeks that have time to kill on open source projects [:D]..

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI