EiA using Vista (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

timewalker03 -> EiA using Vista (5/13/2008 12:03:06 AM)

Well it is time for me to buy a new computer. I am not going to spend an extra $300 to get XP and since most makers are only offering limited systems with XP at about $300 increase in price I am going to purchase one with Vista. My question is how is EiA doing running on Vista 32 and 64? Also is the game supported for Vista?

Sean

SamuraiProgrammer -> RE: EiA using Vista (5/13/2008 12:15:40 AM)

I have vista ultimate (32 bit).

I have not played the game for very long or very often, but I have not had any problems with crashes.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: EiA using Vista (5/13/2008 3:10:23 PM)

Timewalker03:

We did have a few startup issues with Vista at first. They all seemed to be linked to the compatibility settings. The below is in our release notes and should help!

There may be some issues with Microsoft Vista (Screen sizing errors, game not running, etc) and if you do see any difficulties then try the following:
1. Right click on the EiANW.exe file
2. Click properties
3. Click the compatibility tab
4. Check off the compatibility mode and then switch to something other than Vista.

Termite2 -> RE: EiA using Vista (5/14/2008 3:22:58 AM)

I have been running 32bit Vista Premium; other than giving permission for the program to run when you click on play; haven't had to do anything else and the game runs fine.

mr.godo -> RE: EiA using Vista (10/13/2011 4:10:18 AM)

I am trying to run this in both Windows Vista and Windows 7. (32 bit). I get the following error:

Invalid/Missing Serial Number!
There is an error with your serial number.
Please contact support@matrixgames.com for assitance.
Error Code: 200

I am currently arguing with the help desk fellow who told me to re-install from a good download. I ran the installer as the admin, run the program as an admin, have the compatibility mode set to windows xp, have tried various other settings, have tried blowing away the registry for anything matrix on the vista machine, have tried giving extra permissions to all users on the windows 7 box and absolutely nothing works.

kfoelsch -> RE: EiA using Vista (1/21/2012 6:32:36 AM)

I'm having the same issue on Windows 7. Additionally, I have no clue where to find the uninstaller.

Any suggestions?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02