Bill Sloan's Okinawa Book (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

KG Erwin -> Bill Sloan's Okinawa Book (4/30/2008 4:19:50 AM)

I just got "The Ultimate Battle: Okinawa" from the library, and am enjoying it. This guy's an excellent writer. I own his "Brotherhood of Heroes: The Marines at Peleliu" and loved it.

Honestly, I don't think the Battle of Okinawa gets enough attention from gamers/amateur historians, even though several excellent books have been written about it. I suppose it gets overshadowed by the end of the European War, but the scale and ferocity of the combat on land, sea and air from April to June 1945 eclipses anything we saw on the Western Front in 1944-45.

Grell -> RE: Bill Sloan's Okinawa Book (4/30/2008 2:09:25 PM)

Hi KG,

I agree we don't get the same coverage as the western front and it would be nice to see more.

Regards,

Greg

Brady -> RE: Bill Sloan's Okinawa Book (5/1/2008 12:47:19 AM)

I think set pice slug fests with one side having a totaly overwhealming force bases with no fluidity are not to apealing for a game scenario. Thier are not to many western front games either, at least not that I think are very good.

KG Erwin -> RE: Bill Sloan's Okinawa Book (5/3/2008 2:22:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brady

I think set pice slug fests with one side having a totaly overwhealming force bases with no fluidity are not to apealing for a game scenario. Thier are not to many western front games either, at least not that I think are very good.

Brady, you really need to read this book, as you fail to realize the momentous decisions that came from the results of this battle. It was no cakewalk, with one side having a totally overwhelming force.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI