Solved! Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

no_dice -> Solved! Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/6/2007 7:22:04 AM)

Scroll down to my message from December 12th for the solution..

.... I'm getting a windows error message saying that "Not enough storage is available to process this command" when I try and begin a new game (after setting the player options).

It doesn't matter if I use the exe that came with the download or the text.exe that was posted later. Same results no dice.

no_dice

[image]local://upfiles/23659/638972D728E44F528D6647D3D0F92EC1.jpg[/image]

no_dice -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/6/2007 7:26:33 AM)

I did update to the latest video drivers. I've got a gig of ram and 60gig hd space free.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/6/2007 1:44:22 PM)

Thanks for the report, Marshall will have to handle this one, but we are working on investigating all these reports ASAP.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/6/2007 4:29:21 PM)

no_dice:

Can you unload as many apps as you can? It looks like you've got the space. This might be a compatibility issue with some other apps.

no_dice -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/7/2007 7:03:09 AM)

I unloaded just about everything that I could - AV, video control panel, same thing. Here's a screen shot from my task manager. I also installed new Nvidia chipset drivers - audio, raid, etc etc.

Cheers!

no dice

[image]local://upfiles/23659/AFB64135DFF54FB4A3C5AABEB3678E9F.jpg[/image]

no_dice -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/7/2007 7:07:55 AM)

...and a dxdiag report here...

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/7/2007 5:05:07 PM)

This shoudn't be a DX issue. This would be some type of memory issue since I am loading all game graphics and allocating memory where you are having this problem. It's not an error in the game engine. This seems to be coming from the O/S???

Erik Rutins -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/7/2007 6:29:27 PM)

Just for the heck of it, did you try turning off the hardware acceleration already?

Google for a program called "EndItAll" which kills all non-essential processes - there's a free version. Try running that after a reboot and before launching EIA to see if it makes any difference.

HanBarca -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/7/2007 6:46:01 PM)

I hope I'm not suggesting a false trail, but that error is generally related to an obscure IRPStackSize parameter used by the OS.

You can find more details at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285089

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/7/2007 6:51:01 PM)

There are no false trails at this point. Appreciate the help!

no_dice -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/8/2007 6:40:35 AM)

I didn't have any luck. I tried...

1) Turning off HW acceleration.
2) Uninstalling & re-installing
3) Using ENDITALL and killing just about every program & service that looked disposable.
4) Changing registry settings as above.

Any other hints? [&:]

no dice

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/8/2007 1:20:06 PM)

no_dice:

What O/S again?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/8/2007 2:38:40 PM)

It's XP Pro SP2, see the DxDiag file above.

I'm just about out of ideas Marshall - what else could possibly cause this?

HanBarca -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/8/2007 3:56:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HanBarca

I hope I'm not suggesting a false trail, but that error is generally related to an obscure IRPStackSize parameter used by the OS.

You can find more details at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285089

tried this one?

MikeSinn -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/8/2007 11:27:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: no_dice

.... I'm getting a windows error message saying that "Not enough storage is available to process this command" when I try and begin a new game (after setting the player options).

It doesn't matter if I use the exe that came with the download or the text.exe that was posted later. Same results no dice.

no_dice

[image]local://upfiles/23659/638972D728E44F528D6647D3D0F92EC1.jpg[/image]

After having just purchased and downloaded the game, I was happy to see the installer run and the game start without any of the graphical errors reported on this forum. Unfortunately however, I hit the same "Not Enought Storage..." error as the original poster after clicking the "Begin" button for a new game.

The game is installed on a Dell 620 laptop running Windows XP SP2. I have also verified that my user ID for the computer is part of the Local Administrators group. Any help this forum can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Erik Rutins -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/9/2007 2:17:17 AM)

Hi Mike,

We are trying to figure this one out - so far we cannot duplicate it here, but it's currently our top priority unresolved issue. Hopefully Marshall will be able to chime in with some more ideas soon.

Regards,

- Erik

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/9/2007 2:50:31 AM)

I'm flat out confused as well. This is definitely something coming from windows since this error message is nowhere in my code but it is coming in response to some type of request where mem/space is an issue??? I am still digging...

no_dice -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/9/2007 3:59:52 AM)

Marshall, I did a defrag and scandisk just to make sure nothing was corrupted. Let me know if you want to see anything further or want me to try running anything differently.

(Is there a way to bypass the splash screen and get right into the game? It would make testing a lot quicker).

Cheers

No Dice

MikeSinn -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/9/2007 4:17:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

I'm flat out confused as well. This is definitely something coming from windows since this error message is nowhere in my code but it is coming in response to some type of request where mem/space is an issue??? I am still digging...

Marshall, Erik

Thanks guys. Not sure what's going on but after posting my first message, I did a couple of reboots and the game seems to be working fine now... I have been able to load the setup screen and even play a turn or two. Unfortunately, since I have only had the game for a few hours now and never played the original board game, I have no clue what to do next! Guess it's off to read the manual now.

I will post to this thread again if the error returns.

Thanks

Erik Rutins -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/9/2007 4:33:26 AM)

So your problem was spontaneously solved by rebooting, with _no_ other changes?

MikeSinn -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/9/2007 1:58:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

As far as I can tell, yes...

I performed no device driver updates nor did I make any security changes since my ID was already part of the Local Admin group. As best I can remember, I installed the game and encountered the error. I then searched the Tech Support Forum for similar errors and checked the local admin rights. Having no success. I shut everything down and took the dog for a walk. I came back later restarted the computer and found that the game would now start. Hmm, maybe the dog figured something out when I wasn't looking. [:D]

One important thing to note is that I did not reboot my computer in between installing the game and attempting to play it the first time. Might that have been the cause of the error?

Thanks
Mike

ess1 -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/9/2007 1:59:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Erik,
Me too. Had visions of uninstalling etc[:(]
If I do uninstall I presume that I can utilise the d/l set-up?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/9/2007 3:10:40 PM)

Yes, you can always reinstall from the downloaded file.

This is truly puzzling - I can't think of anything we're doing on install that would cause this error and then resolve on a reboot...

no_dice -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/9/2007 9:03:04 PM)

I also tried uninstalling and re-installing onto another drive just to make sure there wasn't any corruption in the installed files. Same thing.

I did a google on the error message and it looks like it might be a red herring. Lots of different problems network stuff, games, etc etc) coming up with the same message.

Marshall, what did you code this in? Perhaps that will help narrow things down a bit from the 23 pages of results.

Cheers

No Dice

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/9/2007 11:41:04 PM)

This was done in C++, utlizing the Borland C/C++ Builder.
I am researching this...

no_dice -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/12/2007 6:22:59 AM)

Any word?

ess1 -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/12/2007 11:22:05 AM)

Erik et al,

I have had this happen again. Reboot cured it.
Not sure if this is relevant:
When loading programme a small black square appears - some sort of batch file perhaps? I think I saw a DOS (??) cmd: c\.... too fast to read anything else. Square disappears and load continues.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/12/2007 2:23:03 PM)

ess1:

That is the security program executing to ensure that we all are following the rules :-)
That should be normal.

No-dice:

I have not been able to find anything yet but haven't had much of a chance to go deep yet. Stay tuned...

Nalamin -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/12/2007 8:05:35 PM)

I had this occur early on as well.  I thought it was due to some kind of corruption left in memory by the game.  I had left an active game, hit "NEW GAME" and got the error shortly there after.  So I just went all the way out of the game, re-entered it and everything was fine.  I don't think its happened since day 1 or 2.

Just my two cents for what its worth...

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Ok, I got past the screen problem now this (12/12/2007 11:48:33 PM)

Hello all:

I have been enlightened at the "Not enough storage space to process this command" error. It is definitely coming fom the O/S and it is the classic NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY_ERROR in Windows language. The O/S is saying that there is not enough RAM nor HD space to utilize as Virtual storage for the RAM shortfall. The best I can say at this point is the old "Free up some RAM and HD space and reboot" then retry. I will continue to monitor this since I do not know where this is being caused at in the program. I am checking the mem available and I would think that you would see my error but it looks as if it just isn't making it there. I'm not considering this closed and in fact I'm running on a few lower line DELL laptops with XP as we speak since XP looks to be the inflicted O/S. I'll keep you posted on any findings.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.710938E-02