fremen -> WITM Mod- Released (2/26/2007 5:17:12 PM)
Ok, here you are the mod:
The link to download the files:
WAR IN THE MEDITERRANEAN- SUPER MOD
1-Make a new WITP Installation of the 1.804 versión in a new folder. This mod it’s a heavy modification of the original game and is necessary a new installation. The players can simply install the new copy of the game in a folder named “witp2” in the same matrix games/witp folder.
2-Download the file named “WITM Super Mod Ver 1.04.zip” from the sendspace site and unzip in a temporal folder.
3-The file contain the following items:
-a folder named ART (with all the graphic material, planes, ships, etc.)
-a folder named SCEN (with the scenario files, the scenario is in the slot number 31)
-a file named WITP-ico to change the original WITP icon to a new and different icon, if you wish, of course.
-a file named pwhex.dat.
The files pwhex.dat and WITP-ico go to the main game folder (follow the above example go to the path: program files/matrix games/witp2 folder).
The ART folder (in the temp folder) go the same name folder overwriting all files in destiny.
And the SCEN folder (in the temp folder) go to the SCEN folder of the new installation.
4-After that, the players can change the icon of the game using the new WITP-ico.
5-The mod and scen 31 are now ready to play. You only need open the WITP game normally (the new installation of course), and selection the PBEM mode. It’s obvious that variants like “surprise attack”, “alternate start”, etc are useless in this mod and scenary.
1. This mod it’s only for PBEM game.
2. I cannot modify the victory conditions, they are hard coded also. Both players must agree before start the victory conditions. By example: take Alexandría would be a automatic victory of the axis side, etc..
3. French bases: In the play map are several french bases, they are in Tunisia, Corsica and south of France. When the scen starts, january 42, the French Vichy it’s a puppet state of Germany, however have some kind of neutrality. Unfortunately, in the WITP game, the “axis” side was only a nation (japanese), and i must use only a side to “simulate” the italy/germany side. Then, the french side it’s “allied” when the game starts. The french bases are empty and they only serve to be future allied objectives. The players must agree before start how use those bases. Only from november 42, from start, etc..
4. Mine barrage: In the Otranto channel and the Sicily channel you can see some kind of “dots”, really bases level 0. Those “bases” are only for tender mine barrage and not for upgrade to any level or disembark troops/air units. Simply use them to put mines.
5. DEF Upgrade= OFF. The option of “free upgrade path” to air groups must be deactivaded. Since italy and germany co-exist in only one side, if you active this funtion, will be possible to axis side upgrade MC-200 to Bf109, BR-20 to Ju-88, Bf109 to Mc-202, etc.
6. Industry and production: I have decide maintain this option ON for testing. This decision was because i think it’s important try to reflect the italy fuel problems during 43 and you limitated aircraft production.
7. This first scenary, the 31, it’s planned to be played in North Africa, main Mediterranean islands and Italy. For this reason, i have only “put” roads/rails in those areas. The rest of the map can be accesed but most hexes only are clear/desert/forest hexes.
8. THE LEADERS/PILOTS ARE THE SAME ORIGINAL WITP. It's a huge work change one by one the name of 10.000 leaders/pilots, Sorry. Only the German uboats captains are the real.
BUGS AND HARDCODED
Several original game funtions cannot be edited by me (or by anyone i think), so you must simply ignore those problems:
1- HQ: I have use the restricted HQ with italy/german units that appears in main Italy. To embark/traslate those units you must spent PP as usual however this feature had some “problems”. The game (by unknown reasons) only leave change the HQ to “Southeast fleet”. Imagine the HQ routine have some kind of relationship with the map zone where the unit is. You must simply selection this HQ and then embark/traslate the unit as usual.
2- “Return to base”: In the allied TF screen, the “return to base” option cannot be select. I think this problem was “generated” somewhere in past when I was editing the mod. To give orders to return to base, simply point the TF to desired base manually.
3- Allied AK/AP: The original game produce a continuous stream of AK/AP to the allied ship pool. I cannot “erase” those ships so simply ignore. They appear in the “Ship availability” screen with the word “Unknown”. The correct reinforcements appear with a base to arrive.
The WITM Team:
They are many people that help me to make this “utopic” mod. I hope not forget anyone:
From the PdL spanish forum: Beren (original idea, first steps and some OOB), Haplo, and the beta testers; Gauna, LordSpain, Buntke, Sky, Fampa and Gromt.
From the Matrix Games forum: Captain Cruft, Iron Duke, m10bob, Andy Mac, Nemo121, pauk, BigJ62 (I use your excellent editor), el cid again, Dili, and mogami.
Graphic artist: Many many thanks to Cobra, without your map, i would never start to work in this mod. To Dixie for make the plane sides and tops and for your help in OOB RAF in the Middle East and Med theatre.
The ships are, of course, made by me.
1-Of course everyone it's free to modify/upgrade my work and share it.
2-Also, everyone it's free to make me any suggestion, correction, etc.
3-Keep in mind that this mod is a work from many people/modders and, unfortunately, it's very far to be free of errors.
4-Remember i decide release the mod without finish a good testing, i hope the players can help to make this.
5-and to finish SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH.