Conquest of the Aegean Update (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean

Alex Fiedler -> Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 8:23:33 AM)

Bayonets and bugs!

Matrix Games and Panther Games (www.panthergames.com) are pleased to announce the release of the first Conquest of the Aegean update. In addition to quashing a few bugs, this update also upgrades several key components of the AI, creating a more aggressive enemy to challenge players.

Panther Games’ award winning Airborne Assault series continues with Conquest of the Aegean as Hitler’s blitzkrieg descends on Greece and Crete. A plethora of panzergrenadiers and paratroopers pummel the precariously perched protectors of the Panhellenic peoples.

Tweaks to the AI include a new aggressiveness that triggers the enemy’s attacks sooner and more frequently, and continues them longer. Coupled with a new prioritization for enemy objectives, these changes produce an even more formidable opponent to test a player’s tactical skill.

Modifications are not limited to enemy ruthlessness, however. Players can now execute attacks with subordinate headquarters with better control and dispersion of units. Junior commands ensure that a player’s attack initiates with no gaps in the line, though enemy fire can still cause units to retreat and gaps to appear.

Armored unit performance is also updated, to more accurately replicate the way such forces were employed during the Second World War. Standoff ranges are employed for frequently during attacks and movements, allowing armored forces to engage enemy infantry before rushing in too close and allowing flank shots with short-range weapons.

In Conquest of the Aegean, players get to take on the role of either the Allied or German commanders and pit their wits against either a computer controlled opponent or a human opponent via LAN or the internet.

Play as the Allies in a desperate fight to maintain a foothold on the southern flank of Europe using the mountainous Greek terrain to achieve concealment and surprise. Or fight as the Axis, driving hard achieve a quick victory with minimal losses.

Arjuna -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 8:42:29 AM)

Thank you Alex and Greg. It's so good to see this out at last.

wodin -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 9:23:42 AM)

Downloading now!

JudgeDredd -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 9:31:48 AM)

Woot! Woot!

Helpless -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 11:42:56 AM)

Hip hip hooray!
Thanks to PG folks! [&o][:)][sm=00000436.gif]

Rooster -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 1:41:12 PM)

Thank you Alex, for the panoply of purple prose while proffering this post-release play-enhancing patch.   [:D]

HansBolter -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 2:04:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rooster

Thank you Alex, for the panoply of purple prose while proffering this post-release play-enhancing patch.   [:D]

That's a whole lotta pees!

Is that Barney Fife in your avatar?

Rooster -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 3:14:34 PM)

Hans - I was poking fun at paragraph 2 of alex's pronouncement.  :)

Yep - none other than Barney Fife. 

Arjuna -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 3:46:28 PM)

Yes it was an array of alliteration fit for a fine fellow and friend from Matrix. [:)]

PnHobbit -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 4:49:23 PM)

[sm=00000947.gif]

Robin le guetteur -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 4:59:14 PM)

[sm=00000436.gif]

(With special french beer made near Belgia)

High Krausen -> Rassafrassin' Dialup (10/11/2006 6:30:57 PM)

grrrr....off today and at home...my crappy rural dialup can't keep a connection for the amount of time it takes to DL 42 MB...guess I'lll just have to gnash teeth until I can DL it a work tomorrow...But Thanks to PG and MG for the patch

Txema -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 7:29:53 PM)

Thank you !!!!

[:)]

Txema

sterckxe -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 7:38:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Robin le guetteur

[sm=00000436.gif]

(With special french beer made near Belgia)

Don't tell me you're drinking this : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Monts_(bi%C3%A8re)

Love the stuff myself [;)]

Incidently I just found CyberStratége 4 in my mailbox - thanks very much - The postal services did an amazing job : it only took 6 days for a mere 1000 km ... I can do that by bike.

I'll read it tonight and try to post some juicy quotes tomorrow

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

MarkShot -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/11/2006 10:11:40 PM)

Hmm ... I didn't receive my copy yet.

Deathtreader -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/12/2006 1:02:12 AM)

Yahooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [sm=00000436.gif]

Time to put HTTR away again.............[:D]

Rob. [:)]

HansBolter -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/12/2006 6:33:36 PM)

Hey Rooster, I just checked out the link in your sig and can't wait to try some of those scenarios.

Isn't the quote at the bottom of the page actually from the sequal Force Ten from Navarrone, quoting Robert Shaw as Mallory and Edward Fox as Corporal Miller?

Rooster -> RE: Conquest of the Aegean Update (10/12/2006 7:41:48 PM)

Hi Hans - You can get the scenario over at El Savior's Airborne Depot website.  Check the COTA website for a link.

The quote is actually from a the book of military anecdotes.  True story, maybe, about about a couple of welch fusiliers in WWI who killed a sargent and then got the firing squad.  I'll try to post it later.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI