SlapBone -> RE: Getting frustrated/ Want a refund (1/2/2006 3:32:32 AM)
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
What address did you e-mail to for tech support? Use email@example.com and please re-send if you haven't heard back. We respond to every e-mail we received, but admittedly as we are on vacation as a company from the 24th through the 3rd, we've been slower than usual.
With that said, we provide order and installation support for Battleground Europe, but we don't provide full tech support as we do not have the training to assist beyond basic configuration for this title. Since a lot of other folks are playing without issues, I'll ask a basic set of questions here:
1. Did you make sure your system meets the minimum requirements?
2. What were you told on the forums when you posted about your problem?
3. Did you try turning off firewall and security applications or putting your computer in your router's DMZ (if you have a router)?
4. Do you play any other online games? Any trouble with those?
5. Do you get as far as downloading the updates? At what point, exactly, does it fail? Do you have a screenshot of the point where it gives an error or times out?
6. Did you flush the toilet? If so, why is this turd of a game still floating?
I went my friend's house the day after Christmas to check out the changes. This dude started when I did in June 2001 and he goes back every so often (I stopped playing after being blatantly lied to by the staff at Cornered Rat not to merntion the absolutely horrid release). His latest stint in the game seems to be extended, so naturally my interest is piqued.
He starts by showing me the German 109 (and his baddass new Saitek joystick). He gets in the air and starts flying.
Me: Wow the terrain looks much better
Him: Yea they put in Speedtree and Speedcrap (paraphrase...apparently The Speedtree people make more than just trees)
Me: Yea that looks a lot better
(10 minutes of flying)
(Game starts stuttering)
Him: Gotta load everybody
Me: Yea, same as before
(about 60 seconds of slideshow and then blackscreen)
Me: wow that was impressive
Him: Yea I shoulda reloaded
Me: They got a memory leak?
Him: No you just have to reload every 2 or 3 hours
Me: Yea like when there's a memory leak
I can run to the convenience store and have that much fun.
I dig Matrix games but this game is an exercise in self-mutilation and has been since release.