Requests For Artwork.

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

CobraAus

RE: Requests For Artwork.

Post by CobraAus »

I have a few more! Both aircraft this time.

First the Ki-89 Val, a D3A1 produced for the Army Air Force.
+ bonus D3A2 Val

Cobra Aus

Attachments
requested2sample.jpg
requested2sample.jpg (10.69 KiB) Viewed 215 times
Coral Sea Battle = My Birthday
Alikchi2

Post by Alikchi2 »

Good God you're a machine. Thanks again. [:D][:D]
CobraAus

Post by CobraAus »

Good God you're a machine
I read minds so I have them done before you ask [:D][:D][:D]

Cobra Aus
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

He's a robot! A ROBOT, I tells ya![X(]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

He's a robot! A ROBOT, I tells ya![X(]

(Oh,no...I hope Cobra's not working on a robot now.......)[X(]

captskillet

Post by captskillet »

Here's a BIGGIE for you Cobra [;)].............3-D version of Andrews Maps. [&o]
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

I have a request for Big B. Would you be willing and able to make the following for the mod I'm working on (The mod includes your version of USS Ranger and will probably include most of your artwork on treaty cruisers, BBs at PH, etc. when I'm finished.):

I'm working on a mod with a few "what ifs" thrown into it. I got an e-mail back from the site below with permission to use some of the hypothetical ships there.

I have the "semi-dreadnaught" Settsu as having been built in 1911 and sunk as a target in 1945. So she was obviously present in one form or another up until then. This might be a rough guestimate of how she could have looked had she been refitted in 1941 as a shore bombardment ship according to http://wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/Mis ... panese.htm She had 12 x 12" guns.

Thanks in advance! [:)]

Gary

Attachments
Settsu_Refit.jpg
Settsu_Refit.jpg (11.54 KiB) Viewed 192 times
Alikchi2

Post by Alikchi2 »

Great minds think alike.. [;)]

Cobra did this, not Big B, but you might be interested. [:)]

The JPEG compression in paint is terrible and makes the side look odd - don't worry, it's on par with the rest of Cobra's work! [:D] I asked for her for Iron Storm a while back.

Check out Cobra's "What If" art packages on Spooky's.. Many of the ships he has done are there (including the Lexington and Hood, and I know you're interested in those).
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

Slight nitpick Alikchi, but Settsu's Wing turrets were 45 cals, not 50s. Hence why she was called a "Semi-dreadnought". Looks great otherwise though!
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

OT, but retro Settsu

Attachments
Settsu.jpg
Settsu.jpg (57.93 KiB) Viewed 195 times

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Alikchi2

Post by Alikchi2 »

Doh! I missed that. Back to the devices table I suppose.. [;)]

And thanks Tanker! Coming from you, that's worth something.
Tankerace

Post by Tankerace »

Actually, from what I have seen of your mod, I am very impressed. Always nice to see good what if stuff.

Alikchi2

Post by Alikchi2 »

Thanks a bunch - there really isn't enough of it around! I think Terminus is working on a scenario of his own and Gary is as well, but I'm not sure otherwise.

Version two of my scenario has a few indirect links with WPO (which I am playing and enjoying the hell out of, by the way). The Washington Treaty still occurs, but in a modified fashion. The Amagis [2] Lexingtons [3] and G3s [3] show up. It's been interesting comparing the differences [:)]
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Alikchi

Great minds think alike.. [;)]

Cobra did this, not Big B, but you might be interested. [:)]

The JPEG compression in paint is terrible and makes the side look odd - it's on par with the rest of Cobra's work! [:D] I asked for her for Iron Storm a while back.

Check out Cobra's "What If" art packages on Spooky's.. Many of the ships he has done are there (including the Lexington and Hood, and I know you're interested in those).

You beat me to it again. [:D]

I'm not partial to Cobra's ship sides but I'll, no doubt, be begging to incorporate some of his vast catalog of art in the mod. I love his plane sides! The style of his ships however is rather distinct from the rest of the ships in the game and from Big B's which I've grown accustomed to. If I used some of his ship art I would feel inclined to go ahead and use his art on all the ships in the game. Otherwise I think it would look sort of strange with some ships using stock graphics and some using Cobra's. I sort of like Big B's graphics as they are pretty compatible with the stock graphics as well as being of excellent quality of course. [:)]

Gary
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

I thought that would be an issue in my mod as well, but in my opinion, Cobra's ship sides are so good that it doesn't matter at all. Not saying Big B's ship sides are bad, mind you. I have his cruiser set installed and like it a lot.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Alikchi

The Washington Treaty still occurs, but in a modified fashion. The Amagis [2] Lexingtons [3] and G3s [3] show up. It's been interesting comparing the differences [:)]

Dang! You've thought of everything! I was going to go back and do a little hacking at the Washington Treaty too. Found a great website on it.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/pre-war/1922/nav_lim.html
Alikchi2

Post by Alikchi2 »

You beat me to it again.

I'm not partial to Cobra's ship sides but I'll, no doubt, be begging to incorporate some of his vast catalog of art in the mod. I love his plane sides! The style of his ships however is rather distinct from the rest of the ships in the game and from Big B's which I've grown accustomed to. If I used some of his ship art I would feel inclined to go ahead and use his art on all the ships in the game. Otherwise I think it would look sort of strange with some ships using stock graphics and some using Cobra's. I sort of like Big B's graphics as they are pretty compatible with the stock graphics as well as being of excellent quality of course.

Gary

Totally understandable. I'm not sure if I should replace all of my default WitP art with Cobra's (because admittedly, it does clash) or leave it alone so the filesize stays down.. Hmm. They look so good though! [:'(]

And if I did convert everything, I wouldn't be able to use Big B's Ranger! Decisions, decisions..
Alikchi2

Post by Alikchi2 »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress
Dang! You've thought of everything! I was going to go back and do a little hacking at the Washington Treaty too. Found a great website on it.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/pre-war/1922/nav_lim.html

I've had a long time to think of ways to sneak big guns into the game. [;)]

Trust me there are lots of openings for fun stuff out there - the London Treaty, some of the British interwar cruiser designs.. and of course there are lots of possible variations on the Washington Treaty. Many, many things that people haven't touched yet.

I actually have an extremely interesting document on the Washington Treaty saved in Word - far too long to post here, but if I could get your email addy, I'd be glad to shoot it over.. [:)]
CobraAus

Post by CobraAus »

Hi Gary and Alikchi the situation you have is either/or. mixing artist is not good looks bad
Gary I just did a back check I was sure I had done two sets of ships one the original
back ground and one on the my new back ground but could only find a complete set of original ships and CHS ships on the new background the 3D ship set was on normal background, I will have to check on Spookies site - when I had a meltdown a lot of files got corrupted or just plain vanished - but I still have everything backup twice just in case
Big B who is doing a great job on his conversions has a about a 2 month production run the do all 2500 + class's - took me that working about 5 hours a day, every day so if you need any ships on normal background just yell
And guys I picked up on this thread last night - there are already many ships on the slipways

Cobra Aus[8D][8D][8D] 34 deg HOT tomorrow 1st day of HOT AUSSIE SUMMER computers hate heat
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Speaking of WPO Tanker, when will it be coming out on hard copy? [:(] Soon I hope? [:)]

One of these days I'll get a high speed connection.

Gary

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”