I am impressed by quick tutorial

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, from the team that brought you War in the Pacific.

Moderator: Tankerace

bostonrpgmania

I am impressed by quick tutorial

Post by bostonrpgmania »

I have purchased long time ago game called UV
(I am not a grogonard, just a mere gamer)

I couldnt get into it
I have never played pacific war matrix edition or original version of it. So UV was not very accessible to me, especially with those non user friendly manual and very thin tutorial
(So I respect thouse who play WitP..Are you guys are really having time to play a turn of that monster game??)

I forgot about the game and enjoyed KP, BiN

I have heard about witP but Tom Chick or even Bruce Gyrik (by the way he has a very nice blog at grognards.1up.com) wrote a review that it is not "a game."

Now with WPO, I read tutorial in the hope that maybe dev team wrote more userfriendly tutorial and bang I am impreseed
Those short article above makes me understand game mechanics somewhat and now I am installing UV again

Now the question

IS WPO MORE USERFRIENDLY or Noob friendly in terms of manual and game mechanics???

and in terms of scale, is it more like UV or witP

Thank you!
waynec

RE: I am impressed by quick tutorial

Post by waynec »

have been playing around with it. it's based on WitP with that scale. the game play is probably a little simpler, not because they changed the engine, but because air power and carriers are not the significant force they are in WitP. don't have as many and ranges, experience, and power are much less. AKs and APs seem to be pretty much the same. makes game turns faster BUT strategically and operationally it is a different thought process. carriers are not strike forces but scouts and submarines are also scouts for the fleet more than strike forces. and there are more big ships so you don't have to horde them as much as WitP. pretty much anything 4 or more hexes from land is not going to be found as quickly as in Witp because search is much shorter.

give UV another try. i found it to be alien when i started playing it and went back to games with more unit "control". it takes a little getting used to but well worth the effort.

Attachments
WPObanner01.jpg
WPObanner01.jpg (32.33 KiB) Viewed 7 times
If the little things annoy you, maybe that's because the big things are going well.
bostonrpgmania

RE: I am impressed by quick tutorial

Post by bostonrpgmania »

Thank you for the information

Return to “War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930”