INSOMNIA- OT but NEED help !

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

patrickl

RE: INSOMNIA- OT but NEED help !

Post by patrickl »

ORIGINAL: marky

was gonna try the melatonin last nuight but....

i went braaaawk braaaawk

i chickened out[:'(]

plus i wasnt sure if i had taklen sleepin pills so i didnt wanna get that combo[X(]

1 of my cats caught a mouse last night[:'(]

so i put him in a little plastic container and was torturing mom with it

she hasnt fixed my car radio so i thot id offer her sum persuasion

Hi marky,

I tried last night and it seems to work. [:D] However, I intend to use it ONLY ONLY when I really can't sleep. It is good to play very safe especially with stuff that you put in your mouth.[;)]
Banner designed by rogueusmc
Stavka_lite

Post by Stavka_lite »

The Melatonin, just as patrickl say, should be used sparingly. Other people I know who use it, use it to train themselves to go to sleep at a certain time. It really doesn't take long to create that sleep rountine. One more thing, give yourself time to unwind before going to bed, and that means NO GAMES!!!![:-]
Yes, it is a dry heat... but so is a bloody blast furnace!
RUPD3658

Post by RUPD3658 »

Melatonin is a short term solution but it works. I worked rotating shifts for 10 years and used it to reset my sleep rhythem when it was too screwed up. It works well but knocks you out cold. Do not use it unless you have a full 8 hours to sleep or you will be groggy as all hell when you get up.

What I found was that a cool, dark room with some background noise (I used an air cleaner or a fan) worked well for me. Also, if it is your mind racing that keeps you up do not do anything mentally stimulating for an hour or so before bed. War games before bed will keep you up because your mind is still processing and planning.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
Vladd

Post by Vladd »

When you go to bed, try and read "A History of Interest Rates" by Sidney Homer. I mean really try and read / understand it.

Only downside is if you don't fall asleep, you might lose the will to live instead.

Stavka_lite

Post by Stavka_lite »

If Vladd's book doesn't knock you out try this one Methodolgy for Creating Business Knowledge. 5 pages was the most I could read with nodding off. I drank alot of coffee reading that book
Yes, it is a dry heat... but so is a bloody blast furnace!
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Thanks guys,

Really appreciated your good advice. This forum has been full of great guys! I drink to your good health and many fun years of playing WITP![:D]
Lord_Calidor

Post by Lord_Calidor »

Au contraire, when meself can't sleep, I start to plan complex WitP operations in my head. Without database onhand, without paper, excell, word, printed tables & other tools I usually use.
The world usually goes blank when I get to calculating supplies qty's and shipping needed. And I have a bonus next morning - head full of fresh WitP ideas & plans. [;)]
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Another good anti-insomnia tool is Kotler's "Marketing Management"; Gott im Himmel, that's boring stuff, and I say this as somebody who actually studies at business college!
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Oliver Heindorf

Post by Oliver Heindorf »

my advise : sports sports sports till you are exhausted ( 3 hours full sped on a race bike, or 1 hour of running fast ) then lots o beer - you sleep like a bear in the winter.
Lord_Calidor

Post by Lord_Calidor »

As a matter of fact, whattarwetalkingbouthere?
Marky, you'll get plenty of sleep when you're dead. Nights are for WitP! And if you bychance start to get sleepy, think about "doing just one more turn...".
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage.
BossGnome

Post by BossGnome »

i agree with sports sports sports... nothing better than 3 hours of kendo after school to put your mind blank.
"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Hi Oliver
ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

my advise : sports sports sports till you are exhausted ( 3 hours full sped on a race bike, or 1 hour of running fast ) then lots o beer - you sleep like a bear in the winter.

ROTFLMAO
marky

Post by marky »

i tried the melatonin and it worked great [:D]
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Hi marky,

Great to hear that.[:D]
riley555a

Post by riley555a »

If I may quote a song I heard on the radio today - "Get a haircut and get a real job!". The most likely reason you're finding it hard to sleep is because you're gaming too much. I get the exact same sleeping problems when I'm laid off and I have nothing to do and find myself on the computer alot. Which is the case right now. By the way I moved into an apartment and I have the internet now. Go on MSN later so I can destroy your fleet tonight. K thanks [:'(]
Pft,damn the aircraft, full speed ahead....WAIT!....
marky

Post by marky »

ORIGINAL: riley555

If I may quote a song I heard on the radio today - "Get a haircut and get a real job!". The most likely reason you're finding it hard to sleep is because you're gaming too much. I get the exact same sleeping problems when I'm laid off and I have nothing to do and find myself on the computer alot. Which is the case right now. By the way I moved into an apartment and I have the internet now. Go on MSN later so I can destroy your fleet tonight. K thanks [:'(]

ha!

this from the guy that quit his job so he could play WOW[:D]

and nothin can beat Adm Markys fleet![:D]
Ron Saueracker

Post by Ron Saueracker »

Binge drinking works until one is broke.[:(]

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
PimpYourAFV

Post by PimpYourAFV »

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Binge drinking works until one is broke.[:(]

Ron dude, you sound like you're just coming off a binge. [:)]
panda124c

Post by panda124c »

Try reading the WITP manual cover to cover. Nothing like a good boring technical manual to get you sleepy. [:D]
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Marky;

I have some suggestions but you will probably not like them. You have screwed up your diurnal cycle (probably). You may have self-inflicted, 21st century, cyber jet lag syndrome. Your brain is adapted to be a daytime hunter-gatherer type and my guess you havent stalked your dinner in a while.

1) Disconnect the alarm clock
2) Open all the blinds in your room
3) When the great orange, burning ball comes up in the East....WAKE UP you slug!
4) Spend about 9 hrs a day chasing after rabits with a sling or digging up moldy tubers with a sharpened stick...or...if you cant find any moldy tubers..you could run about 10 miles
5) Lay off alcohol and coffee unles you collect the beans or brew the brew yourself
6) Then when the great orange burning ball starts to go down in the West, start to dim the interior lights sequentially, dont run any big carrier battles, turn off Band of Brothers and have someone play a tune on a deer-horn flute (or maybe a Mozart Requiem Mass) ....and there you have it!

Return to “General Discussion”