Age of Empires III Demo

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

KG Erwin

Age of Empires III Demo

Post by KG Erwin »

Anyone else tried this yet? This is a great successor to the AoE series, but now, colonial ambitions in the New World offer even more options in gameplay. The coolest feature in battles is the addition of artillery and even rocket units (yep, the Brits have them --we are reminded of why the line "and the rockets' red glare" is included in our National Anthem). Add to this some astounding 3D graphics, the addition of a "home city" in the Old World, and better naval battles, and you've got a winner.

Too many "hardcore" grognards write off games like this, but IMHO, they have their place. Once in awhile, I DO enjoy a game that knocks me out with its sheer beauty and the fun factor. It's a pleasure that I don't feel guilty about in the slightest. [:D]
ShermanM4

RE: Age of Empires III Demo

Post by ShermanM4 »

I love how the infantry march in formation. They give orders and reload all together. It is so cool[X(] Some of the other stuff like the home city and the port is good. I like the direction the AoE series went with Age of Mythology. It looks like many of the AoM elements were incorporated into AoEIII. I can't wait to see how many 7 years War or French and Indian War mods, maps, and scenarios that will come out, maybe, even Napoleonic ones too.
"Perserverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages."

~General George Washington

ravinhood

RE: Age of Empires III Demo

Post by ravinhood »

Heh if I have a choice between AOE III and Monopoly Tycoon, I'll take Monopoly Tycoon everytime. I know there are those that like clickfest games, I'm just not one of them.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Return to “General Discussion”