A fan site?

John Tiller's Battleground Series is a Hall of Fame lineup of games covering the Civil War and Napoleonic Wars. We've compiled these classic games into two new affordable collections, incorporating updated versions of these legendary titles. Incredible historical gameplay and great value!
Fred98

A fan site?

Post by Fred98 »

Can anyone recommend a fan site?

I would like to get info on the game, screen shots etc

-

sabre100

RE: A fan site?

Post by sabre100 »

Yes I second that I would love to see some closer screenshots. I did do a search and found some but very low res hard to see the detail. Was there ever a demo released of this game? I know age of sail 2 had a demo not sure if talonsoft did that one or not.
HMSWarspite

Post by HMSWarspite »

Most of the old sites seem to be off line now. There's always this one (http://akella.com/aos2/) whixh is as close as I can get (covers the successor to he true AoS 2)
I have a cunning plan, My Lord
bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

AOS2 was a contract job by Akella for Talonsoft. It was post release that the two companies parted ways, and apparently Akella came out with the rights to the AOS2 name and engine. Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, they never fixed some of the major bugs, but they did try to include early subs in their add-on "Privateer's Bounty".

I really liked the AOS2 engine and interface. The controls were easy to learn and intuitive, the graphics beautiful. I did not like the ability of square rigged ships to sail anywhere near as close to the wind as the game allowed, nor do I believe that formations would follow given orders. That and the other bugs chased me away (but not before I allowed hope to triumph over experience and purchased AOS2:PB). [:(]

fair winds,
Brad

Return to “John Tiller's Battleground Series”